MyVest Reviews

Updated Mar 15, 2020

4.5
MyVest CEO Anton Honikman
Anton Honikman

"Great environment for work life balance!!"

I have been working at MyVest full-time for more than a year

Pros

Honored to be working for such a great company with a great purpose, to not only help our clients with the livelihoods of their clients (individuals/families) but also to help with the livelihoods of MyVest employees! A win win situation. A very people centric and diverse company to work for in a great environment. Where diversity comes together to achieve solutions towards common goals. A fun and dynamic environment to work in!!

Cons

When the bagels sometimes comes late on Wednesdays. ;)

March 16, 2020

Best "con" we've ever seen ;-) No one's perfect.

2. "Work Hard, Play Hard"

I have been working at MyVest full-time for less than a year

Pros

A genuine, warm group of people that made me feel very welcomed from day one. They are open to personal growth and learning, Tasks need to be completed, but I feel like they have realistic expectations and don't expect your nose to the grind stone 24/7. There seems to be a sincerity about people which is refreshing. Office has a good vibe, nice location, and amenities.

Cons

None that I can think of

March 10, 2020

We sincerely do care about you and your growth! We're happy to have you on the team!

3. "Great culture and great people"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at MyVest full-time for less than a year

Pros

The company truly cares about their people

Cons

Nothing worth mentioning yet.

February 13, 2020

We do care about you, it's true! :-) Thanks for writing this review, we're happy to have you on the team!

4. "Don't fell into trap by looking at the reviews"

1.0

I worked at MyVest full-time for less than a year

Pros

I saw nothing while working with them

Cons

1) Whatever the promises they made during interview won't come true 2) Weak HR 3) Weak Management 4) They say it's flexible PTO but it is not at all flexible

February 12, 2020

We're so sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your time here! We take these comments to heart, and wish you luck in your future endeavors.

5. "Amazing company to work with"

Current Employee - QA Analyst II in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at MyVest full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people to work. Nice culture. Good work-life balance.

Cons

Less career development budget.

September 9, 2019

Thank you for the great review! We love our people, our culture, and our work-life balance too!

6. "The culture exceeds expectations compared to other tech companies"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at MyVest full-time for less than a year

Pros

MyVest wins in company culture. I am easing day by day in the acceptance that work can be fun, enjoyable and also productive at the same time. This company is strict on a positive work culture. MyVest scores above average on diversity, women in tech and even women in leadership positions. The benefits are great and they look out for their people.

Cons

None so far while working here.

September 9, 2019

Thanks for taking the time to write this great review! We love to hear you think work can be fun AND productive, and that you value our diversity and exceptional benefits. We're happy to have you on board!

7. "A Great Quality Company to work for"

Former Employee - Software Engineer-II in San Francisco, CA

I worked at MyVest full-time for more than a year

Pros

I greatly enjoyed my time at MyVest which was 2.5 years. It felt like a family which is a dynamic I enjoyed as a new grad straight out of college. Everyone knew everyone else. My team was great, they were all very helpful when it came to explaining parts of the platform I had limited knowledge on. As well as help with anything Software related. Flexibility - I was hired as Full Stack but I was able to ask for more Front End work, and then when I realized Front End was not for me I was able to work on more Back End work. There would occasionally be both Front End and Back End projects I worked on but my manager really tried to accommodate my profession interests. My manager also made sure that we knew we had freedom to move within the company to other teams if we grew interested in other areas of the platform. There was a great work-life balance, I worked within business hours. The company culture is great and very accepting of all peoples, and their celebrations are heartfelt. The leadership cares about their employees and want to invest in their growth as people and as professionals. The LOCATION IS AMAZING, near Montgomery Bart and China Town! It is great for going on walks to clear your head (which I did). I enjoyed my time here and I am so thankful this was my first job out of college. I got payed well and I was around people who genuinely care for me as a person as well as an engineer. Quality people are employed at MyVest and I would recommend this company to my friends.

Cons

Documentation was an issue for me. Since the company has been around for some time there are areas where legacy code reins supreme and it can be a headache. As the company moves forward with replacing the old code I think it is important for the more senior people to write down and explain those legacy parts of the platform. Senior developers within MyVest will gladly help/explain but the issue is with their availability since those developers are in high demand within the company. Seeking their help becomes a bottleneck. My first project at MyVest was adding a feature to legacy code and it felt like sorting through spaghetti 0.o but life at work improved. I not only got a better understanding of how the legacy code worked but I also was able to work on newer parts of the platform. So depending on your position you might have to get your hands dirty sifting through spaghetti as well. But given that this company is amazing in every other way I consider this a small negative.

April 12, 2019

Thank you for your glowing review! We're so happy to hear you liked your time at MyVest - we like it here too :-)

8. "Great product and a fun company to work for"

Current Employee - Operations in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at MyVest full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The product itself is great, albeit complex. All employees are friendly and there are fun events to connect people. Management is very accessible (even C level execs).

Cons

High ramp up time as the product is complex, not a lot of advancement opportunity, requires at least some knowledge of financial products and markets

April 12, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to write your review! We appreciate the great feedback on the educational opportunities for new employees.

9. "A great company culture"

Former Employee - Technical Support Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at MyVest full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great company culture which promotes work life balance. Great work benefits

Cons

In the financial industry it takes a long time to get new customers which makes the company growth slow at the same time it takes long to lose a customer so it is very steady

April 12, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to write your review! Great feedback on the company culture - it's certainly one of our top priorities!

10. "Awesome Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at MyVest full-time for less than a year

Pros

Awesome company culture, collaborative working environment, dedicated leadership and enthusiastic team members.

Cons

There are a lot of meetings...

April 12, 2019

Thanks for your review! So glad the culture, collaboration, dedication, and enthusiasm are important positives for you! And we definitely hear the feedback on those meetings.

Found 34 reviews