NC State Employees' Credit Union Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NC State Employees' Credit Union Interview Questions

Updated Feb 7, 2017

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsborough, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NC State Employees' Credit Union (Hillsborough, NC).

Interview

I was contacted via phone for an interview. It was in front of 2 women in an office. Very casual feeling. I was made to feel very comfortable. Questions were not difficult at all.

Teller Interview

Interview

Sit down talk with the TSM and Branch Manager. They ask you the basic questions and it is nothing to fret about. Make sure you dress up in a suit and tie and ask questions at the end. Focus is 100% on member services, community services, reliability, and honesty. Make sure those qualities shine.

Interview Questions

• Your basic, standard questions you would expect. Nothing surprising.   Answer Question

Financial Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NC State Employees' Credit Union (Charlotte, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

Very quick and brief. I introduce myself to the hiring manager as well with the bank manager. They told me they were going to interview a few more people and they were going to let me know about the position in a couple of days. I believe it was a pretty easy interview short and to the point.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NC State Employees' Credit Union (Charlotte, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

Involved a three-part interview with lead teller, office manager, and branch manager. Discussed duties and expectations, as well as a general career path that is mapped out for the first couple of years. Training modules are expected to be completed within 6-8 months, and salary increases once basic training is complete. Policies are also shifting to make the branches more personalized for members, and to make the front counter tellers more able to do anything a customer needs, without sending them to another part of the bank.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience handling cash?   1 Answer

FSR-Secu Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NC State Employees' Credit Union (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

You receive a phone call from a HR Rep that explains the position and looks to see if you're still interested. They schedule a time for you to come in to do an in person interview. You are then Interviewed by two managers who ask standard behavioral questions and go through your resume.

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at NC State Employees' Credit Union (Raleigh, NC) in June 2016.

Interview

Pretty straight forward question, nothing tricky or deep. Just practice the basic "difficult" interview question on any website and you'll be fine. The two interviewers were very laid back. They didn't seem particularly prepared to do an interview. They did a significant amount of talking through the whole process. It seemed more like they wanted to know I had some level of intelligence and higher level of thinking.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with an issues with another employee that was only affecting you?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation for this position. they have a set starting salary and benefits and that's it.

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wake Forest, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at NC State Employees' Credit Union (Wake Forest, NC) in May 2016.

Interview

After applying online, speaking to someone over the phone, and scheduling an interview, there was a two-part interview. The first portion was explaining the job and benefits, while the actual interview lasted about 10 minutes with someone completely different.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kings Mountain, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NC State Employees' Credit Union (Kings Mountain, NC) in May 2016.

Interview

It was a long initial interview for me. I was asked almost everything about my background, interest, skills and all. It was smooth and very friendly approach. Seems to me that the interview is more of orientation process. I did not get the job but very thankful for the consideration. I received a letter after 10 days I guess from my second interview, it was a little bit of a long wait but that's fine. Great environment and friendly people in the branch.

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself in three words?   1 Answer

Financial Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at NC State Employees' Credit Union in April 2016.

Interview

Had 4 interviews at 4 different branches. Each one was pretty much questions about my current jobs. Each interview I had with 2 individuals. But all gave me the impression that they knew who they wanted to hire. So I felt like they just needed to meet a quota.

CC Financial Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at NC State Employees' Credit Union in November 2015.

Interview

Submitted application in person and e-mailed the contact person about a week later to inquire about the application status. Was called to schedule an interview for the next week. Showed up for interview 30 minutes early and was called into the office. Panel interview consisted mostly of personal questions, ethical questions, why I wanted to work there, and where I wanted to be in five years. Also was asked about cash handling experience and if I was willing to talk on the phone with customers.