NCQA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NCQA Interview Questions

Updated Nov 12, 2017

2.9

Health Care Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at NCQA in April 2017.

Interview

I had a phone screening with someone from the department. The following week they asked for in an-person or skype interview. I did a skype interview since I was not near D.C. The skype interview lasted for an hour and fifteen minutes. I waited another week and they asked for a writing sample. Once I provided that I heard nothing else from them.

Interview Questions

• They focused a lot on my past experience and how it could be used in this position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at NCQA (Washington, DC) in April 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview with one of the project managers and then was called in for an in-person interview a couple weeks later. The in-person interview consisted of two panel style interviews: first with the several senior project managers and then second with other healthcare analysts. The questions were pretty standard. They wanted to know a lot about my experience using large datasets which I didn't have and I think they were looking for someone with more quantitative research skills but my experience is qualitative heavy. The HR recruiter was a nightmare to work with - never responded on time, emails were weirdly phrased and even the staff didn't seem to care for her. It was difficult interviewing for the position because they didn't tell me the specifics of the projects they needed me for.

Health Care Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at NCQA.

Interview

I was referred through a current employee. The interview was setup quickly. I met with two Research Associates and two current Analysts. Standard interview questions. I waited one week before reaching back out to HR about the status of the position and while I was not offered the job, they did provide interview feedback without having to ask for it.

Interview Questions

• How familiar are you with conducting phone interviews in order to gain research information?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NCQA (Washington, DC) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online and in a couple of weeks, received an email to schedule a phone interview. A week later, I had the phone interview but never heard back about their decision. The interview itself was unpleasant. Both my interviewers were not pleasant to speak with. Usually, interviewers try to make the candidate comfortable. There was no such attempt by the interviewers at NCQA. Both dove straight into interrogation mode. Most of their questions were along the lines of "Do you have XYZ experience"? They clearly were looking for very specific experiences (that were not mentioned in the position description). If they had ever read my resume, they would have realized that my answer to their questions would consistently be a "No". One of the interviewers asked me the definitions of mean, median, and mode; I am not sure what the relevance of high-school level questions like these held for the position I applied to. I found the interview rather unpleasant so was not disappointed to not hear back from them.

Interview Questions

• Define mean, median, mode. Not difficult but unexpected and I felt it was a puerile question.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NCQA (Washington, DC) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online and heard back in 4 weeks. Then was scheduled for a phone interview via email. The interview was relatively short and straight forward. They asked me questions about the experiences I had listed on my resume then scheduled to connect me their hiring team.

Interview Questions

• During the phone interview, they began by asking if I had any questions for them. Then proceeded to ask me about each experience listed on my resume.   Answer Question

Senior Health Care Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NCQA (Washington, DC) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied through the NCQA website at the end of April. I received an email from HR asking to schedule a phone interview about 3 weeks later. The phone call with HR was very basic--just asking me about my background and my interest in the position. They had positions open with two teams, so I scheduled interviews with both at the end of May. The first team was larger, so I met with two upper level hiring mangers for about 30 minutes and then with two Senior Health Care Analysts for 30 minutes. For the second interview, I just met with two upper level team members. Both sets of interviews were fairly standard. They wanted to know about my background and my interest in NCQA--my experience working with multiple projects simultaneously, competing deadlines, time management skills, working with teams, etc. They also talked about the projects their team are involved in and what this person's role would be. I felt both interviews went well. During both interviews it was mentioned that the teams were also interviewing internal candidates. I appreciated having this information, but I also realized that my chances of getting either position were fairly slim. And, as I had suspected, both teams ended up promoting from within and hired internal applicants. I can't begrudge them wanting to develop and grow their teams internally, but I suspect that as a result it's difficult to get hired into the organization as anything other than an entry-level analyst.

The entire process, from application to second rejection was about 10 weeks. The first team was 2 weeks from interview to rejection, the second was 6 weeks. I did have to each out to HR to receive both decisions, though the HR person was very responsive then and throughout the entire process.

Interview Questions

• How do you prioritize when working on multiple projects?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NCQA (Washington, DC).

Interview

The process started with the recruiter coordinating a phone interview. I then had another phone interview with different managers. I was then called in for an in-person interview that lasted half the day. I met different panels.

Analyst In Information Products Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at NCQA (Washington, DC) in June 2015.

Interview

There was a screening call from someone in HR and then a phone interview with the supervisor for the position a day later. Both people were very nice and their attitudes helped me to feel at ease. The HR person in particular went out of her way to make herself available to me for additional questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NCQA (Washington, DC) in March 2015.

Interview

I initially had a phone screening with a HR representative, which was straight forward resume based. Then I had in-person interviews the following week, which were two interviews with two people at a time lasting 30 minutes each. It was a pleasant experience, the interviewers made me feel relaxed and while most stuff was resume based it felt like we just had a chat about the position, the organisation and research in general.

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at NCQA (Washington, DC) in October 2013.

Interview

Went to my interview. Took about 2 hours. Very pleasant team. Met with the Director and another engineer and pretty much gave them a good idea of what my knowledge and experience was. They had a few trick questions that I aced.

Interview Questions

• Draw a network layout i worked on in the past.   1 Answer