NDS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NDS Interview Questions

Updated Mar 2, 2017

3.3

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NDS.

Interview

Campus interview - few programming questions. Then shortlisted for onsite interview which comprised of 2 rounds - technical and HR. The interview panel was very supportive and nice to talk to

Interview Questions

• Basic questions on linked list, algorithms, puzzles. Why NDS? What is your biggest strength, weakness?   Answer Question

Systems Integration and Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NDS (Costa Mesa, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

Received a phone call from HR/Staffing person. She went over my resume and just had me ranks my skills from 0-10 and asked me a little about myself. Received another phone call from her to schedule phone interview with manager. Had 30 minute interview with manager which seemed to go well which ended in the discussion of bringing me in for an in-person interview. That same friday the HR person called (which I missed) and left me a message. Returned call on Friday afternoon - nothing. Called again on the following Tuesday - nothing. So I left it a t that for at least 2 weeks. I get a phone call stating that I am no longer under consideration as if we were playing "phone tag" for weeks. Poor communication all together.

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NDS (Costa Mesa, CA) in January 2009.

Interview

Company requires idiots to fillup the joint; every once in a while, a skilled engineer accidently joins the company. Company requires PERFECT TRW and credit scores. They pretend that the company has important secrets to protect. Do not try to join unless you want to be screened by CREDIT SCORE and SECURITY COMPANY and 3 or 4 letters of REFERENCE and calls to past employers. 30+day process NDS painful.

Interview Questions

• how do you deal with managers who do not speak your language?   1 Answer
    • Are you willing to take continous and ongoing bonings from your direct manager, in order to continue employment?   1 Answer

Negotiation

So long as you were willing to take recurring from your bosses, they were willing to pay. Start as high as you think they can bear, because you will get HARD and OFTEN, should you take job offer. Consider high 110's. High 120's are for mgt. Architechs might ask mid 140's. Few senior mgr make $300K+, but rare.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at NDS.

Interview

One technical written paper, followed by 2 technical rounds which also includes one round with team manager (only C, and that too very basic one), and finally HR for salary negotiation. overall process is easy.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at NDS.

Interview

3 Rounds of interview . Technical round [your skills],manager round [logical and algorithms ]and hr round. Background verification was done once the offer has been accepted. In some cases, two levels of technical discussion was held

Engineer QC Interview

Interview

First Round - Written Test(Aptitude test, Software testing)
    Second Round - Technical Round ( Software Life Cycle, Types of testing, SQL, Write test cases for a given scenario)
    Third Round - Managerial Round( About previous experience, Why you want to join NDS? etc..)

Interview Questions

• None.. Mostly simple and straight forward questions regarding software testing process.   Answer Question

Application

Interview

Minimum One Technical round will be there, followed by a manager round and HR. Interview process will be take some where around 2 weeks (end to end) . Nice place to work and learn things. Now NDS is acquired by Cisco

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NDS.

Interview

I interviewed with this company as a fresher in campus. The interview consisted of 5 rounds.
    Round 1: Aptitude + Technical test
    Round 2: Extempore speech
    Round 3: Technical interview - general subject and Software language questions
    Round 4: Technical interview - Coding and puzzles
    Round 5: HR

Interview Questions

• Puzzles are the difficult ones. Even the coding questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at NDS in November 2013.

Interview

Apti+ technical round followed by panel interview interview
    Very easy interview process mainly concentrated on Data structures and Operating systems and over view of linux architecture.

Question :
    Given doubly linked list how you optimize searching?
    Possible solutions to prevent dead lock occurrence?
    Tree traversal problems

IPTV Integration Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Staines, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NDS (Staines, England (UK)).

Interview

There were several rounds. First, a phone interview with their private agency (Rockfish), then a phone interview with someone from NDS, then a personal interview with HR and with people from my future team, and then a personal interview with the UK head, Derek Nottingham. Finally, a small HR interview after I started working to get my permission for vetting.

The team interview was in Staines. They were most interested in my past jobs, I had to tell them about the details of a 3play IPTV network that I maintained at my previous employer, and justify my decisions. There were basic technical questions about using the linux text console (grep/find/more, firewalls, how to set the IP address and nameservers of a Red Hat box, how to enable/disable/add/remove services; they were surprised to hear that there were utilities like "ntsysv" and "service" to do this).

I had to travel to Chandler's Ford for the interview with Derek, the UK head. He asked me about my education, my degree, my personal situation, my plans and then he led me through their CF offices. I guess at that point I was already in a safe situation, he just wanted to see me before he signed the papers.

Interview Questions

• Create an iptables rule to allow incoming SSH packets from 192.168.1.0/24.   1 Answer