NGM Biopharmaceuticals Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at NGM Biopharmaceuticals

Senior Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NGM Biopharmaceuticals (South San Francisco, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process was pretty standard. I met with HR, the hiring manager, and three other folks. I had to give a 30 minute presentation on work I had previously done on an assay related issue. The interview questions were pretty standard and not very difficult. Everyone was very professional. However, it was apparent that they did not have a clear idea as to the skills and experience they were looking for in the candidate to fill the role.

Scientist Interview

Interview

Great interview process. One-hour talk (well, 45 mins plus question-and-answer) plus one-on-one interviews with several department heads, senior managers, and scientists. The talk was well-attended and there were lots of great questions. It was clear there was a genuine interest in the science, rather than people showing up because it was required. Everyone I met with was friendly and engaged.

The hiring manager impressed me right off the bat by sitting me down first thing and sketching me out a diagram of the hierarchy of the department, explaining how the people I was going to meet with fit in - who was in which group, who reported to who, who was involved in what, etc. It was so helpful, and not a single person I had ever interviewed with before did that.

Interview Questions

• Lots of great discussion about the direction I see the field moving in, and the major issues facing my field.   Answer Question

Research Ascientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NGM Biopharmaceuticals (San Francisco, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

The phone interview lasted 30 minutes, it was just about the right length. The interviewer was genuinely interested and asked the right questions, and invited for one to ask questions as well. However, they are looking for very specific technical niches to be filled, so the questions were extremely technical. be ready to answer troubleshooting questions.

Interview Questions

• Do you see yourself doing a post-doc in the future?   1 Answer

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NGM Biopharmaceuticals (South San Francisco, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

The whole interview process took approximately 3 hours

1. You have to give a powerpoint presentation about yourself (i.e. give a Seminar) ~1 hr
    2. You'll meet with each of the staff members (Senior scientist, senior research associate, VP of company)~ 2-3 hrs

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NGM Biopharmaceuticals (South San Francisco, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

The whole process is exhausting. But not tough questions. Only thing I realized after I joined in the company is that some persons do not know many things, but interview gives them a chance to ask you. They the targets or knowledge they get from you become theirs. So you are thinking they are interviewing you with questions, the fact is that they try to get something from you. Now I know they do this to everybody.

Scientist Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NGM Biopharmaceuticals in December 2011.

Interview

The people I interviewed with are nice and understanding. Discussed scientific issues pertaining to job in great depth. The people who work there are smart and know their goals.

The company has a good vision of what they want to achieve, and they work hard to make it happen.

Interview Questions

• The interviewers didn't ask tough or unexpected questions.   Answer Question