NIC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 9, 2017

2.8

Linux Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olathe, KS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NIC (Olathe, KS).

Interview

Typical tag team interview. Few technical questions. But they did make some off handed remarks to my age which leads me to the conclusion that they are basing their hiring process and decisions on age rather than aptitude. In other words, older applicants need not apply. It's too bad (and their loss) that they bypass applicants who have light years more experience and skill sets than younger candidates, only because they are older. Shame on them.

Interview Questions

NIC Response

Jan 23, 2017 – Director of Human Resources

I’m sorry to hear about your interview experience. I assure you we do not make hiring decisions based on age. It is against our core values and it is also against our policy. We wish you the best of ... More

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Topeka, KS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NIC (Topeka, KS).

Interview

There were three on-site interviews with different groups or people. One was with the team, one with my supervisor, and one with upper management. They were very friendly in each situation. The process was intentionally slow to allow maximum vetting and consideration. It has the potential to dissuade some, but it also seems to reduce picking up someone that might be a bad fit.

Interview Questions

• They asked me how strong my proficiencies were with certain tools (applications) that they used in the office.   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Olathe, KS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at NIC (Olathe, KS) in January 2016.

Interview

Odd interview...four people, yet only one seemed to be confident enough to talk. Very uncomfortable yet I got the job? Beware when employers just hire you without asking you questions, "too good to be true".

Interview Questions

• Explain your "Masters Degree".   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NIC in November 2015.

Interview

It was 30 Minute long phone screen interview with 3 interviewers. It was pretty straight forward and manageable. I expect the in-person email to be a little more difficult.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at NIC.

Interview

Phone interview then in-person. Very eager to hire, I think the turnover rate is pretty high. Quick phone interview with corporate recruiter and then an in person meeting with the GM and DOO

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project that you managed   1 Answer

Lead Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NIC.

Interview

You will be grilled. A lot technical questions. You got to meet every body in the company from the secretary to general manager. you meet the technical team, marketing and management team. Then bosses

Interview Questions

• Technical and social questions   1 Answer

Asp.Net C# Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Fe, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at NIC (Santa Fe, NM) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview was casual and friendly. It wasn't made clear beforehand it would be a technical interview but the questions were more about my experience with their specific type of work versus hard technical questions and/or conundrums. It was clear I didn't at that time have the exact skill set they needed. Since then I have been training at Pluralsight to add those skills to my repertoire.

Interview Questions

• Did I work with design patterns.   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Diamond Bar, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NIC (Diamond Bar, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Phone interview first, then in person.
    Interview with operations manager, the interview was not too tough.
    The Phone interview was 30 minutes long and in-person interview was 1 hour long.
    The skill questions are consistent with most other Project Manager Interview question.
    What was your hard challenges with managing projects?
    How to resolve resource issues?

Interview Questions

• What is your hardest issue to resolve within the Infrastructure project?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trenton, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NIC (Trenton, NJ) in April 2015.

Interview

applied through a staffing company; after initial screening with the staffing company they scheduled an in person interview with NIC. The interview was a panel interview with both general manager and director on the panel.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at NIC.

Interview

The company has a formal interview process but the length and details depends on the state and on the position being applied. I interviewed with multiple people from different states and had an onsite interview as well.

Interview Questions

• Questions on programming experience were very difficult and lengthy   Answer Question