NIC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Topeka, KS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NIC (Topeka, KS).

Interview

There were three on-site interviews with different groups or people. One was with the team, one with my supervisor, and one with upper management. They were very friendly in each situation. The process was intentionally slow to allow maximum vetting and consideration. It has the potential to dissuade some, but it also seems to reduce picking up someone that might be a bad fit.

Interview Questions

• They asked me how strong my proficiencies were with certain tools (applications) that they used in the office.   1 Answer

Lead Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NIC.

Interview

You will be grilled. A lot technical questions. You got to meet every body in the company from the secretary to general manager. you meet the technical team, marketing and management team. Then bosses

Interview Questions

• Technical and social questions   1 Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Olathe, KS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at NIC (Olathe, KS) in May 2013.

Interview

I was given a phone interview, then an in-person interview. The former was technical questions to get a handle of my understanding of the product. The latter was more for a personality fit. The team appeared very well-versed with the structure of the company and the complexity of the systems I would be working on.

Interview Questions

• Some of the questions were very in-depth with the technology I was to be working with. The level of expertise required was unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to get the salary I desired. This company is paying for talent, don't be afraid to ask for what you want.

Sales Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olathe, KS

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at NIC (Olathe, KS) in August 2017.

Interview

First interview was a screening by the hired recruiter. Note: I was referred by a a 3rd party/trusted advisor to NIC management. As a next step, I participated in a phone interview with the Senior Executive team including CEO, CFO, COO, General Counsel and Head of HR. I then participated in a 3rd round interview in person with the same panel.

Interview Questions

NIC Response

Oct 3, 2017 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your time and the information you have shared.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NIC (Kansas City, MO) in January 2010.

Interview

was through a recruiter in the Kasas City area. The process was very well run and thourough.

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Trenton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NIC (Trenton, NJ) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied on linkedIn and was contacted by HR within a few days. Completed a phone interview and heard back within another few days regarding an in person interview. Had the in person interview and the interview felt very comfortable. I was assigned a task to complete as part of the interview process to test my analysis skills and writing, so I completed that as quickly as possible and submitted it. I was offered the job fairly quickly, although it was awkward getting the offer letter in hand for a bit. All in all it was a fairly simple process.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Olathe, KS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at NIC (Olathe, KS) in January 2016.

Interview

Odd interview...four people, yet only one seemed to be confident enough to talk. Very uncomfortable yet I got the job? Beware when employers just hire you without asking you questions, "too good to be true".

Interview Questions

• Explain your "Masters Degree".   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Montgomery, AL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NIC (Montgomery, AL) in August 2010.

Interview

A recruiting company contacted me about the position via an application that I posted online. I had an initial phone interview with the recruiting company that generally consisted of questions about my background in college and summer internships. I then had an interview with the GM over the phone and was later asked to come interview in person. The process of overall very laid back.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5/10 years?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a project that you worked on in College and the process you took to complete it?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at NIC.

Interview

Phone interview then in-person. Very eager to hire, I think the turnover rate is pretty high. Quick phone interview with corporate recruiter and then an in person meeting with the GM and DOO

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project that you managed   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trenton, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NIC (Trenton, NJ) in April 2015.

Interview

applied through a staffing company; after initial screening with the staffing company they scheduled an in person interview with NIC. The interview was a panel interview with both general manager and director on the panel.