NRECA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 1, 2018

2.9

Software Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at NRECA (Arlington, VA) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process was pretty laid back and straightforward. Nothing to worry about.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NRECA (Arlington, VA) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied and received a call about two months later by a HR recruiter (Katina). I was initially impressed because the recruiter was so unusually friendly. When I came in for my interview, I was greeted by equally friendly HR members, who offered water and encouraged me to relax and be myself. The three people I met with were wonderful--very down to earth and genuinely nice people trying to gauge my experience and personality. The interview questions were typical, but they encouraged a lot of side conversation about where the company stood and what they really needed from the candidate. We connected well and I was offered a position within the week. I appreciated the process and people from start to finish.

Interview Questions

• The writing test - a bit lengthy but a thorough test of communication skills.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I set a good salary expectation that worked for my financial need. They met me where they could ($1500 less than desired salary) and I was fine with that

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NRECA.

Interview

Phone interview. Submitted an online questionnaire surrounding work style and personality. This was followed up two face to face interviews before an offer was presented. A rather long process which required a lot of patience.

Interview Questions

• Typical 'explain a time' questions and 'what would you do' type of questions.   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at NRECA (Arlington, VA).

Interview

Great interview process with friendly and warm people. they have a very in depth process with interviewing everyone on the team, and staff from other teams with whom you might work. There is also logic and technical tests. A little intimidating. I wasn't told about the tests until the day I took them. Both were timed. I'm not a good test taker and know that I failed the logic test miserably. The role advertised for someone familiar with SQL Studio Management, with which I had some familiarity, but the technical test that administered was all about straight SQL syntax. I failed that one too. And it was a shame because I could do the job with one eye closed and my arm tied behind my back. I REALLY liked the people and the culture and could have learned the software. Despite this experience, I would apply again in a heartbeat. Fun and challenging projects, great team vibe, and healthy corporate culture which includes a focus on community service.

Senior Client Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NRECA (Arlington, VA) in November 2010.

Interview

The interview process was very simple, if you are licensed chances of getting hired are higher. I had a phone interview at first with the hiring manager, we briefly discussed the reason why I was leaving my previous employer and why I was interested in that specific field. Later, I came in for a one-to-one interview with the manager, I went over my resume and she covered the position in detailed. Few days later, I came for a group interview, where each team-member, a group composed of 6-8 people, asked me two questions: one work related and another personal. The work environment is very friendly, everyone there is very down-to-earth and always willing to help.

Interview Questions

• How do you explain complex investment terms to an average person?   Answer Question

Negotiation

In 2010, the company had a salary freeze and a hiring freeze. However, the Investment department was immune to few things. We were subject to the salary freeze, but due to people switching jobs, they had to hire several people to replace those positions. NRECA, is a non-profit organization and budgets are done a year in advanced, so they already have a salary range in mind. It's hard to negotiate, it all depends if you have experienced and if you are licensed. If you come with the investment licenses, they get to save a lot of money on training.

Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NRECA.

Interview

Good recruiters and overall good experience. There was some confusion as to start dates and the onboarding process needs some improvements, but I believe they have made positive changes since I started.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NRECA (Arlington, VA) in June 2014.

Interview

The interview process ran smoothly. The recruiter was friendly and super helpful through out the process. Always kept me up to date on where things were at and provided insight to who I was interviewing with. The interviews were with people from different departments while also having the opportunity to meet the team I would be working with. Offer negotiations were reasonable.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my knowledge of cooperatives and the cooperative network.   Answer Question

Senior Advisor Interview

Interview

Interviews consisted of pretty standard behavioral questions, I didn't think the interviewers cared enough to take my answers serious. There was also a ton of unrelated small talk and no one delved into my professional experience until the end of the session so it seemed like more of an afterthought. The interview was pretty easy overall and I enjoyed it even though I wouldn't conduct an interview the same way myself.

Interview Questions

• If you ordered a rare steak at a business lunch and it was served well done, what would you do?   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NRECA.

Interview

Typical interview process. Talk with HR, then a couple senior managers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiations were squashed. It was take it or leave it.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at NRECA.

Interview

Great, thorough, well thought out interview process.