NRECA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NRECA Interview Questions

Updated Aug 15, 2017

Mid Level Position Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NRECA.

Interview

I had a phone interview first and then was called in for an in person interview. I met with the hiring manager and her assistant. A few days later, I was called back in for another interview where I met with 2 other staff members around the same level of this position and the Director of the department. Everyone was very nice and they gave me a tour of the workspace. I did not receive the position and was notified via email. I had a good rapport with the hiring manager as we had been in constant communication during the interview process and so I emailed her back asking if she could provide me feedback for my future job search. She never responded which I felt was very rude considering the time and effort I put in to interview and of course the 2 days of work I had to take off to interview. As someone in the hiring industry, if they don't value the applicants, they won't value their employees. I would not apply again.

Interview Questions

• They asked typical interview questions regarding my background.   Answer Question

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NRECA.

Interview

Very professional from start to finish. After 2 phone interviews you get asked to come into the office for a series of interviews with the head of each department in the division you are applying. Everyone was very warm and welcoming. The interview series, expect 4-5 back to back interviews, was thorough but exhausting.

Interview Questions

• Some generic questions and also questions of how my skills apply to the position.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NRECA.

Interview

Phone interview. Submitted an online questionnaire surrounding work style and personality. This was followed up two face to face interviews before an offer was presented. A rather long process which required a lot of patience.

Interview Questions

• Typical 'explain a time' questions and 'what would you do' type of questions.   Answer Question

Software Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at NRECA (Arlington, VA) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process was pretty laid back and straightforward. Nothing to worry about.

Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NRECA.

Interview

Good recruiters and overall good experience. There was some confusion as to start dates and the onboarding process needs some improvements, but I believe they have made positive changes since I started.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at NRECA (Arlington, VA).

Interview

Great interview process with friendly and warm people. they have a very in depth process with interviewing everyone on the team, and staff from other teams with whom you might work. There is also logic and technical tests. A little intimidating. I wasn't told about the tests until the day I took them. Both were timed. I'm not a good test taker and know that I failed the logic test miserably. The role advertised for someone familiar with SQL Studio Management, with which I had some familiarity, but the technical test that administered was all about straight SQL syntax. I failed that one too. And it was a shame because I could do the job with one eye closed and my arm tied behind my back. I REALLY liked the people and the culture and could have learned the software. Despite this experience, I would apply again in a heartbeat. Fun and challenging projects, great team vibe, and healthy corporate culture which includes a focus on community service.

Senior Business Analyst Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NRECA in May 2015.

Interview

NRECA reached out to me and asked me to interview for this role, I didn't apply. I let them schedule a call and had a conversation with Raeshel from recruiting. The recruiter was a bit hard to meet with, we had a scheduled time and she called me multiple times, hours before our meeting time when I wasn't able to answer because I was working. During our meeting time she called 10 minutes late and was putting me on hold multiple times throughout the call. During the call she asked about my history and my understanding of the role, all went relatively well until she asked me my current salary. I politely declined to share my salary at this time. This upset her and she accused me of hiding something if I'm not sharing my salary and continued to ask me three more times, it was pretty uncomfortable. Her reasoning was very odd, she said something like only 1 in every 46 interviewers declines to share their salary and they're all hiding something. I politely explained that my salary was changing as I was in the middle of a review cycle, and that I'd much rather currently focus on my ability to leverage my skillsets for the role, as the role was in an area I had significant experience in. I also offered to share my W2s upon acceptance of an offer, if both NRECA and I decided there would be a good fit. Then, she alluded to the role would not be at the salary that I was already told (basically that she would reduce the salary of the role). I thought the recruiter represented herself and the company unprofessionally, didn't understand the role very well, and was not very respectful of people's time.

Senior Advisor Interview

Interview

Interviews consisted of pretty standard behavioral questions, I didn't think the interviewers cared enough to take my answers serious. There was also a ton of unrelated small talk and no one delved into my professional experience until the end of the session so it seemed like more of an afterthought. The interview was pretty easy overall and I enjoyed it even though I wouldn't conduct an interview the same way myself.

Interview Questions

• If you ordered a rare steak at a business lunch and it was served well done, what would you do?   1 Answer

Energy Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at NRECA (Arlington, VA) in September 2014.

Interview

I received two phone calls. One from the recruiter and a second from the hiring manager. The recruiter asked basic questions about my background and experience. The hiring manager's questions were more difficult and specific. I completed a writing test which asked me to write multiple leave-behinds 4 different groups advocating NRECA's position. A few weeks later, I was invited for a full day of interviews with 5 individuals and also lunch with a few other people. Everyone was nice. I waited for multiple weeks afterward with no response and contacted the recruiter who eventually told me they were going to keep searching.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NRECA (Arlington, VA) in June 2014.

Interview

The interview process ran smoothly. The recruiter was friendly and super helpful through out the process. Always kept me up to date on where things were at and provided insight to who I was interviewing with. The interviews were with people from different departments while also having the opportunity to meet the team I would be working with. Offer negotiations were reasonable.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my knowledge of cooperatives and the cooperative network.   Answer Question