NXP Semiconductors Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 9, 2018

2.9

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NXP Semiconductors (Austin, TX) in April 2018.

Interview

Applied for 3 positions, got 2 automated rejection emails. Asked to interview for the third position a month later. At the end of the same week of the interview, receiving the same automated rejection email was a negative experience. But the actual interview itself was fine and the interviewers were friendly and knowledgeable. It was nice to get a response quickly, but a non-automated rejection email for interviewing would have been appreciated. Received it 2-3 weeks later.

Applied online, interviewed a month later; a month before the internship position starts.

Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NXP Semiconductors (Austin, TX).

Interview

Lots of positive talk and job description but that all changed once I got the position. Now I sit around and do very little daily to the point of it being an awful experience.

Interview Questions

• Where do you want to be in a few years?   1 Answer

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NXP Semiconductors (Austin, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

Got a phone call and briefly talked about my resume and experience. Introduction on the job. Scheduled a on-site right way. The on-site was good and smooth. Mostly focused on the resume and my experience. Talked with about 5 engineers and only one of them asked me some technical questions about C++.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NXP Semiconductors.

Interview

After applying online I was contacted by the univesity recruiter for a phone interview. After about 3 weeks I was contacted again to interview with the manager of the department I was applying to work with. During that time the recruiter gave me updates about the timeline. I received an offer about a week after the second phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a diffficult coworker/customer, and how did you resolve the conflict?   Answer Question

Digital Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NXP Semiconductors (Tempe, AZ) in April 2017.

Interview

I had a 30-45 minute telephonic interview. The interview was mainly focused on the projects on the resume and some questions on timing analysis (setup/hold etc) and basics of flip-flops/latches. The interviewer tried to dig deeper on the projects I have done.

Interview Questions

• How can you reduce the setup time?   1 Answer

Principal Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NXP Semiconductors (Austin, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

I spoke with several director/vp level managers and the questioning was upfront and straight forward. The position's scope was clearly defined and all of my questions were answered. I also came away with an increased respect for the management team within NXP

Interview Questions

• What would you think will be the hardest part of being successful in the position offered?   2 Answers

Physical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NXP Semiconductors (Austin, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Recruiter and manager were very friendly and communicative. The phone screen and the follow up took about a week and the personal interview was setup a week later and the results took another week. The interview involved 11 people and was a panel interview in groups of 2, for over 4-5hrs. The team was very friendly and I had to decline the offer for personal reasons but it was a very good team to work with.

Interview Questions

• Your work experience in latest technology, design process, tools used, issues seen and how they were resolved   2 Answers

Internal Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at NXP Semiconductors (Austin, TX).

Interview

Interviewed with four people from the department. The first started with insults and lies right off the bat and continually checking his phone for the full half hour. I would have stood up and walked out after about five minutes except that I was working with an external recruiter and did not want to burn that bridge. The remaining three interviewers were nothing but pleasant. However, I would not have accepted an offer even if one had been extended.

Interview Questions

• Various technical questions. Personality fit questions.   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NXP Semiconductors (Austin, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Started with a phone interview with HR person who discussed general topics like job requirements, career goal and interests. It was quickly followed up with half day onsite interview with 3 people in the hiring team including hiring manager. Interview involved thorough questioning and discussion on experience, skills, interests, strengths and weakness. Overall it was a good process.

Interview Questions

• HR questions were about why I applied for the position and how I can add value to the team   Answer Question
    • Detailed interview questions were about my past experience and how I can bring that to table at that position and how I can make a difference to the team and what specific projects I had worked on   Answer Question

Product Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at NXP Semiconductors (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Decent interview, Casual questions about background. Couple of technical questions regarding projects. Leadership type questions. No difficult. Casual. No response for a month. Technical terms and implementation in area. Majorly considered if you have previous experience.