NXP Semiconductors Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 24, 2017

2.9

Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NXP Semiconductors (Austin, TX).

Interview

Lots of positive talk and job description but that all changed once I got the position. Now I sit around and do very little daily to the point of it being an awful experience.

Interview Questions

• Where do you want to be in a few years?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NXP Semiconductors.

Interview

After applying online I was contacted by the univesity recruiter for a phone interview. After about 3 weeks I was contacted again to interview with the manager of the department I was applying to work with. During that time the recruiter gave me updates about the timeline. I received an offer about a week after the second phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a diffficult coworker/customer, and how did you resolve the conflict?   Answer Question

Digital Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NXP Semiconductors (Tempe, AZ) in April 2017.

Interview

I had a 30-45 minute telephonic interview. The interview was mainly focused on the projects on the resume and some questions on timing analysis (setup/hold etc) and basics of flip-flops/latches. The interviewer tried to dig deeper on the projects I have done.

Principal Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NXP Semiconductors (Austin, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

I spoke with several director/vp level managers and the questioning was upfront and straight forward. The position's scope was clearly defined and all of my questions were answered. I also came away with an increased respect for the management team within NXP

Interview Questions

• What would you think will be the hardest part of being successful in the position offered?   2 Answers

Physical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NXP Semiconductors (Austin, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Recruiter and manager were very friendly and communicative. The phone screen and the follow up took about a week and the personal interview was setup a week later and the results took another week. The interview involved 11 people and was a panel interview in groups of 2, for over 4-5hrs. The team was very friendly and I had to decline the offer for personal reasons but it was a very good team to work with.

Interview Questions

• Your work experience in latest technology, design process, tools used, issues seen and how they were resolved   2 Answers

Internal Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at NXP Semiconductors (Austin, TX).

Interview

Interviewed with four people from the department. The first started with insults and lies right off the bat and continually checking his phone for the full half hour. I would have stood up and walked out after about five minutes except that I was working with an external recruiter and did not want to burn that bridge. The remaining three interviewers were nothing but pleasant. However, I would not have accepted an offer even if one had been extended.

Interview Questions

• Various technical questions. Personality fit questions.   Answer Question

Product Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at NXP Semiconductors (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Decent interview, Casual questions about background. Couple of technical questions regarding projects. Leadership type questions. No difficult. Casual. No response for a month. Technical terms and implementation in area. Majorly considered if you have previous experience.

EHS Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at NXP Semiconductors (Austin, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Got screened after a phone interview. An onsite in Austin ,followed by a couple of other calls as a part of followup/interview process, the HR contacted with a positive news.
    Easy interview. Be yourself. The team is experienced and focused on hiring the right individual. Good communication with respect to follow up.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NXP Semiconductors (Houston, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Was a one to one interview with a fairly senior guy. I had been expecting technical quesitons, but got none of that. Was only asked behavioral questions, ran through my resume and asked followup questions based on what I said. Nothing technical. Asked me some situational questions like how I would handle teams.

Interview Questions

• Can you mention a time when you overcame a failure and how you did so?   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Application

The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at NXP Semiconductors.

Interview

Initial interview by recruiter. Referral to hiring manager happened quickly. Recruiter kept in contact with me during the assessment of other candidates. Met with the business within 3 weeks, final candidate ls were invited to a casual lunch, offer occurred week 5.

Interview Questions

• Interview was a conversation not a series of questions. Statements were made and you agreed or disagreed with business rationale.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Initial verbal offer was very fair and at market. Communicated loss at current company and was further fairly negotiated.