NantWorks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.2

1. Featured Interview

Clinical Research Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NantWorks (Culver City, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied on line for the position. I was called by the most amazing recruiter. She and I communicated constantly for days even after I interviewed with the manager. My interview took place in the Culver City Office. The phone interview with the manager was great, although I was not sure how to read her. When she offered me an in-person interview, I was pleased but surprised. I did my research of the company and its founder. I felt prepared but nervous. I met with the manager, (who turned out to be quite friendly) who is a nurse and on of the MD's. The MD that I interviewed with was personable, open and friendly. We did not go over my resume in detail because he felt that he understood and he trusted the "triage" of my resume. I got a brief tour of the offices. He then wanted to see if the Director was available for a quick meeting. She wasn't but, I waited. She too was difficult to read.
    The following Monday, I was extended an offer. This part of the process took a while. However, the recruiter was in contact with me every step of the way. Once the offer was made, I informed her that the salary needed to be negotiated. She spoke to HR as a soft intro because I had a few more questions. HR called me and we are able to negotiate the offer. All my questions were answered. I am excited to be apart of this innovative group of nurses and physicians.

Interview Questions

• Do I plan on continuing your education?   1 Answer

Jun 6, 2017 – TA Manager

Thank you for your review! We’re so glad you had a good experience and we’re excited to have you join our team!

Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NantWorks (Culver City, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

The recruiter reached out and set up the interview. I went in and had 2 hours talk with the team in the local office. They did not focus too much on my technical skills. I can't provide the interview position because it would reveal my identity. All I want to tell future interviewee is don't bring up their eccentric founder. Pretend you don't know anything about the negative media coverage about him. They are sensitive on it. I did not bring up the negative but even complimenting their founder was not welcomed. They don't like any sign of doubt, and they like to know you don't have many other alternatives. Loyalty is the most important thing and being able to keep the secret is the other. Leadership is a cult in this company. Don't ask for future direction. Just do the job. I don't think they are very generous unfortunately. You get the paycheck and the experience to break into the sector, but that's about it. If their drug is successful, you won't become millionaire overnight.

Interview Questions

• Introduce yourself. Describe your project experience. Why you are interested in this job. Are you happy with your current job. What is your strength.   Answer Question

Jun 6, 2017 – TA Manager

First and foremost, we know you have choices in your job search, so we thank you for considering employment at NantWorks. We’re sorry to hear that you had an unsatisfactory experience while... More

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at NantWorks (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

They had a Job fair at USC-BTC. The Biotech connection LA sponsor and Nantworks was a Silver contributor. There were members of Human Resources and one their Directors from NantBio on site for face to face discussions.

Interview Questions

• They asked each of us about our major, career aspirations, what types of publications and how our backgrounds aligned with Cancer research.   Answer Question

Jun 6, 2017 – TA Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Your opinion is important and helps us get better over time.

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NantWorks (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online and had a phone interview with the HR rep. I went to the Culver City office for an interview with 2 managers. It was fairly short with easy questions.

Interview Questions

NantWorks Response

Jun 6, 2017 – TA Manager

Thank you for your review! We’re so glad you were able to join our team (earlier this year).

I Never Found Out Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NantWorks.

Interview

This was by far the most unprofessional interview I've ever been to. After I arrived I was left in a room by myself before the interviewers showed up. Then, I had three interviewers and each one was at least 15 minutes late. The first one asked if I was just out of business school. I went to business school over a decade ago! So much for preparing for their interview. The two things I couldn't believe: I asked each interviewer what job I was interviewing for and each of them gave me different answers. Seriously? And each time an interviewer left they said they didn't have any business cards left. What? Really? I'm interviewed by three different people and none of them give me business cards? Other weird things include being interviewed in an almost completely empty building and having them tell me they have no space for new people. For a company run by the wealthiest person in LA and that raised over $200 million, I still can't believe how unprofessional these people were. Oh, and I never heard back from them even though the interviews themselves went well, or so I thought. So bizarre. It's too bad because I really believe in their mission and was excited for the opportunity.

Computer Vision Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at NantWorks in October 2013.

Interview

1. Applied Online
    2. Contacted by R&D team member
    3. Phone screen with R&D team member
    4. Scheduled interview with team
    5. After team interview, never heard back. Enquired after a month and received a reply of "candidate in favorable standing; but we cannot accelerate process"