Nasdaq Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Nasdaq (Philadelphia, PA) in December 2016.

Interview

Nasdaq HR recruiter contacted me through LinkedIn as I my profile was a good fit for a role in a growing team. Interview process was very easy and straightforward thanks to the fantastic HR Bruce.

Interview stages were as follows:
    1) phone call with HR to assess fit, review resume and expectations.
    2) preliminary phone call with hiring manager with both basic technical (coding) Qs and behavioral Qs.
    3) HR called back to inform that I was selected to move to the on-site interview stage. I was asked to complete a short coding project with presentation. A week's time was given, which was ample despite my day job time commitment.
    3) half day on-site interview with hiring manager, peers and HR. The interview with hiring manager included the presentation and code review.
    4) Final decision notice took about 2.5 weeks but only because of the Xmas and New year holidays. Again HR was kind enough in letting me know that the decision would take time ( which was expected due to the holiday season).

I really enjoyed the interview process because all the interviewers conducted the sessions like open conversations, not just to assess my ability to fill the position, but also to help me understand what the role truly involved and if I wanted to be a part of it.

All the employees are brilliant without being alpha-competitive, unlike some other big name companies. Even after joining here, I have (happily) found that all my colleagues are honestly invested in the company mission and genuinely want everyone on the team to do their best. This is definitely something that influenced my decision to accept the offer, although the job profile showed excellent growth potential and benefits were competitive as well.

Interview Questions

• Coding project.   1 Answer
    • How do you handle conflicting priorities and deadlines?   1 Answer

Softwa Interview

Interview

Initial phone screening by an internal recruiter, phone screening by hiring manager, plus on-sight interview. Asked multiple questions repeatedly and about topics which I already said I had no experience.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with <some topic I already said with which I had no expereince>.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nasdaq.

Interview

Two phone interviews for New York office. One with human resources internship head and other with manager. HR one was a simple screening and one with manager was behavioral. Got offer phone call 3 weeks after second interview.

Anonymous Interview

Interview

One round of on-site, that's it. There was no phone interview, no HR interview, just the tech interview. Every question was straightforward with little ambiguity. The on-site took about 2 hours, with three different employees.

Key Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nasdaq (Boston, MA).

Interview

An external recruiter reached out for an initial touch then an internal Nasdaq recruiter reached out to setup a phone screen with the hiring manager. After I spoke with the hiring manager, he invited me to come in to speak with him and another VP. Everyone I interacted with was very friendly and professional from the recruiters to both hiring managers. The on site interview was scheduled for 3 hours and I was there for less, so I knew I most likely wouldn't be offered the job. The role/company seems more reserved (I have a tech startup background) but had wanted to make a transition.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nasdaq.

Interview

After applying online, received an email from HR to schedule a phone interview - basic questions (walk me through your resume, why do you want to apply for this role, what compensation are you looking for, etc...)

After this, a team member from Manila will reach out to schedule an in-person interview. This was very inefficient - added more time, miscommunications, etc... There was no need to outsource this step.

In-person interview was great. Plenty of technical questions mixed in with behavioral questions.

After that the team member in Manila reached out again to schedule a follow-up interview with the team members.

Offer took 2 weeks to come through after the 2nd round in-person interview. Offer is contingent on a drug test, very thorough background check, and FBI fingerprint scans.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel your skills would translate to this role? (specifics).   Answer Question

Data Center Infrastructure Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nasdaq (West Lafayette, IN).

Interview

Applied online got call 2 weeks later, asked to schedule interview with manager. Manager called for a phone interview but couldn't find the networking experience on my resume which involved storage and networking.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions and technical assessment based on Resume   Answer Question

Client Service Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nasdaq (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

The interview process was very straight forward. Started off with a brief interview with HR, followed by another phone interview with the hiring manager, and then an in person interview with the hiring manager and a member of their team. Everyone was very friendly and the atmosphere of the office was very welcoming. The in person interview was very laid back - definitely a more conversational interview discussing the position and the day to day responsibilities. A few days after the in person interview, I had followed up with the HR contact to answer some follow up questions regarding the company's benefits. After a week of not getting a response, I followed up again requesting an accurate timeline of when I would hear back from them. No answer still, I called the office of the HR contact and left a message on their voicemail. Still no response. The last thing I did after being completely shut out was emailed the hiring manager just to make sure everything was okay and to see if there was anything else additional they needed from me. Nothing. It's been 4 weeks now since my in person interview and not even an email or a phone call from them. For being the reputable company they are, you would think they would have the decency to contact you after going through 3 rounds of interviews even if it is to say I wasn't selected for the position.

Interview Questions

• Take me through your day to day responsibilities at your current job.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nasdaq (Boston, MA).

Interview

Short 15 minute phones screening, followed by a 30 minute phone interview, then an in person "final" interview. Everyone was very friendly, interviews were more conversational than anything with a few very standard questions thrown in.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Nasdaq.

Interview

The interview is all around my personal background, past experience and the technologies that I have been using. Also includes some possible future directions of extensions of those projects. They ask about personal interest and career goal as well.

Interview Questions

• What are the project that you are most proud of and describe in detail.   Answer Question

Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nasdaq (New York, NY).

Interview

5 stages of interview : Done by senior developer to upper management level.
    Stages : HR Interview, Technical Interview, Skills Interview, Regional head interview, Manager's Interview. Technical interview was most difficult one and if you pass that then you are good to go.

Interview Questions

• Explain the difficult situation where you had to overcome many issues and to solve the issue within time limit.   Answer Question