National Futures Association Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Futures Association (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

Three step interview process - Phone interview, in-person interview with hiring manager, final with director. Everyone was extremely friendly and welcoming. It was very easy to carry a conversation with the group. They made me feel extremely comfortable and asked a blend of questions in regards to my background and behavioral based questions. Benefits review was very thorough.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about NFA? Tell me about a time when you were given a project without all of the necessary resources and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Compliance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Futures Association (New York, NY).

Interview

Had a phone interview with one of the HR representatives. The interviewer asked so many situational questions that I was exhausted towards the end of the interview. Got mailed a rejection letter one week afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to take control of a situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at National Futures Association (New York, NY).

Interview

I submitted an application through my campus career center and was given an on-campus interview a few weeks later. The questions ranged from being specifically about futures and swaps to more general topics like teamwork and leadership. I was invited to a second interview at the NYC office where I spoke with several managers and learned more about NFA and the specific duties of a compliance examiner. I was also given a test wherein I had to write a short paper proposing a creative solution to a problem faced by the company. I was offered the job via a phone call within a few weeks.

Interview Questions

• How would you rate your knowledge of OTC derivatives (Swaps) ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at National Futures Association (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Submit resume -> On campus recruitment for first round. Then invited in for super-day; that's it. Be prepared to describe you interest in the specific department; I was interviewing for OTC Derivatives so I came in with some background knowledge about dodd-frank and swaps etc.

Interview Questions

• During 'super-day' at the firm, the first thing they have you do is answer some random question on the computer for about 30 minutes. After that, it was 2 rounds of 2 on 1 interviews, and 1 round with a senior manager.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at National Futures Association (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

It was a campus interview. All the questions are basically behavioral questions. The interviewer is a manager in compliance and he talked about a lot about the job. And they also sent a senior staff waiting outside, before the interview you can have the opportunity to talk to the staff to know more about the position and the other things. The interview last for 30 minutes and he did not ask something technical. It was all typical interview questions and he just tried to know more about you, your goal, your personality.

Interview Questions

• How do you know NFA? Tell me a time when you have different opinions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at National Futures Association (Chicago, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied through the company's website and was contacted to schedule a phone interview. A week or so later, I was contacted for an in person interview, which consisted of 3 parts. The first part was a writing sample, then I interviewed with two managers in the compliance department. The last part was a lunch/snack with two other compliance examiners.

Interview Questions

• During the phone interview, the hiring coordinator asked me behavioral questions in regards to team work, deadlines, handling conflict, etc.

The in-office interview consider of past experience, knowledge of the industry, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at National Futures Association (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Interview was very straight forward and interviewers made you feel comfortable. Before the start of the interviews you have to submit a timed writing sample. I had one phone interview and then two back to back in person interviews. Over all great experience.

Compliance Examiner Interview

Interview

Scripted, cliche "behavioral" questions, coupled with the interviewer's robotic and vaguely confrontational demeanor, made for a terrible experience. Cannot imagine what they're looking for in asking such nonsense questions. I was presented with virtually no opportunity to showcase my relevant experience/background and how I could apply that to the position, outside of the opening "tell me about yourself" portion of the interview. I suspect a lot of talent never even makes it to upper management for consideration as candidates are rejected for not being able to "think of a time they resolved a conflict quickly and efficiently."

Compliance Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at National Futures Association (New York, NY).

Interview

Initial phone interview then went for face to face interview in office. Phone interview was difficult and asked a TON of questions. Questions were out of left field and unexpected. All the questions were situational and none about my qualifications.

Interview Questions

• What was a situation in which you were in a leadership role?   Answer Question
    • What was a situation in which you had difficulty communicating with someone else and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Compliance Examiner Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at National Futures Association.

Interview

I applied through my school's website and received an invitation to sign up for an interview. I was interviewed by two people. They told me that the interview would be brief because it was being used just to screen candidates.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for NFA? What do you know about futures? usual expected questions   Answer Question