National Futures Association Interview Questions | Glassdoor

National Futures Association Interview Questions

Updated Feb 14, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at National Futures Association (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

It was a campus interview. All the questions are basically behavioral questions. The interviewer is a manager in compliance and he talked about a lot about the job. And they also sent a senior staff waiting outside, before the interview you can have the opportunity to talk to the staff to know more about the position and the other things. The interview last for 30 minutes and he did not ask something technical. It was all typical interview questions and he just tried to know more about you, your goal, your personality.

Interview Questions

• How do you know NFA? Tell me a time when you have different opinions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at National Futures Association (Chicago, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied through the company's website and was contacted to schedule a phone interview. A week or so later, I was contacted for an in person interview, which consisted of 3 parts. The first part was a writing sample, then I interviewed with two managers in the compliance department. The last part was a lunch/snack with two other compliance examiners.

Interview Questions

• During the phone interview, the hiring coordinator asked me behavioral questions in regards to team work, deadlines, handling conflict, etc.

The in-office interview consider of past experience, knowledge of the industry, etc.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at National Futures Association (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Interview was very straight forward and interviewers made you feel comfortable. Before the start of the interviews you have to submit a timed writing sample. I had one phone interview and then two back to back in person interviews. Over all great experience.

Compliance Examiner Interview

Interview

Scripted, cliche "behavioral" questions, coupled with the interviewer's robotic and vaguely confrontational demeanor, made for a terrible experience. Cannot imagine what they're looking for in asking such nonsense questions. I was presented with virtually no opportunity to showcase my relevant experience/background and how I could apply that to the position, outside of the opening "tell me about yourself" portion of the interview. I suspect a lot of talent never even makes it to upper management for consideration as candidates are rejected for not being able to "think of a time they resolved a conflict quickly and efficiently."

Compliance Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at National Futures Association (New York, NY).

Interview

Initial phone interview then went for face to face interview in office. Phone interview was difficult and asked a TON of questions. Questions were out of left field and unexpected. All the questions were situational and none about my qualifications.

Interview Questions

• What was a situation in which you were in a leadership role?   Answer Question
    • What was a situation in which you had difficulty communicating with someone else and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Compliance Examiner Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at National Futures Association.

Interview

I applied through my school's website and received an invitation to sign up for an interview. I was interviewed by two people. They told me that the interview would be brief because it was being used just to screen candidates.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for NFA? What do you know about futures? usual expected questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at National Futures Association (Chicago, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied online through the University hiring site. I then had an on campus interview which was about 30 mins. Next I interviewed in person with two people for about 45 mins after meeting with HR. The interview also required a 30 minute written exam. Overall the interviewees were very nice and it was more like a conversation then an interview.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at National Futures Association (New York, NY).

Interview

You first meet with HR who will go over the benefits in the company (It's great) You are then given a written test (Assessing your analytical thinking) which last about 20-30 minutes. It is pretty easy.
    Then for the first round you meet with 2 senior examiners which will ask you mostly behavioral questions. They will give you an overview of the company.
    And the final round you will meet with one of the managers. Make sure you know your resume, the job description, and ask plenty of questions. Be confident and dress appropriately.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral Questions. Know your resume, and make sure you add emphasis on your skills and interest in the company.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at National Futures Association (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process involved an informal telephone interview, covering simple background questions, and determining suitability for the role. This stage established both parties wishes to proceed to the in-person interviews. The in-person stage involved a writing task, completed on a laptop that was provided, and based on an unseen topic, relating to NFA's mission. Familiarity with NFA's website was sufficient to prepare for this task, which took one hour. The writing task was followed by an interview with a Manager, who had expertize in my field of experience, and asked a range of questions to determine my understanding of the industry, regulations and NFA. This lasted an hour. I was then interviewed by two staff members, who concentrated more on personality type questions, and determined my suitability to work on an examination team, and adapt to NFA's culture.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at NFA?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Futures Association (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

The process was very pleasant. The interview consisted of one HR phone interview and then a face to face interview comprised of three parts. The first part was a brief written test. This was used to gauge writing skills and critical thinking. The second part was an interview with two senior compliance examiners. Finally, a manager came in for the last part of the interview.