National Futures Association Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Futures Association (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

Three step interview process - Phone interview, in-person interview with hiring manager, final with director. Everyone was extremely friendly and welcoming. It was very easy to carry a conversation with the group. They made me feel extremely comfortable and asked a blend of questions in regards to my background and behavioral based questions. Benefits review was very thorough.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about NFA? Tell me about a time when you were given a project without all of the necessary resources and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Audit Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at National Futures Association (Chicago, IL) in May 2011.

Interview

First I had a one on one "interview" of sorts at the campus career fair. After this they contacted me via telephone for a phone interview asking very general behavioral questions. Then I was invited to a panel interview in which I was asked more specific behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They gave me great pay for an internship so why negotiate!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at National Futures Association (New York, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

I was contacted about phone interview, had phone interview 3 days later, and had in person interview a week after that. Asked to do a writing exercise. Had 2 separate interviews with 2 different people. Was asked a lot of behavioral questions and some substantive questions. Wasn't a bad experience at all.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at National Futures Association (Chicago, IL) in November 2010.

Interview

Standard interview process with one interview on campus while the second round was in the office. Candidate must show strong interest/experience with either auditing, accounting, derivatives, etc.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at National Futures Association (Chicago, IL) in November 2008.

Interview

Round one is phone interview. Round two includes personality testing, background checks, employer checks. Round three include writing sample, lunch, and group interview with Manager and FS.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were presented a challenge that was unattainable.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Futures Association (New York, NY) in April 2018.

Interview

1. Apply online
    2. HR phone interview: 30 mins, all situational quetions
    3. On-site interview with team: 15 min benefit orientation; 30 min writing sample;1 hour with two team members;1 hour lunch out with additional two team members.
    Interview format: they introduce themselves first, then flip it back to me, then go to situational questions.

Interview Questions

• 1. Describe a situation when you are challenged by a team member and how you handle it?
      2. Describe a situation when you need to multi-task?
      3. Describe a situation when you need to meet the deadline?
      4. Describe a situation when you need to deal with a difficult client?
      5. Describe a situation when you need to work independently   2 Answers

Senior Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Futures Association (Chicago, IL) in August 2018.

Interview

Initial phone screening, where we went over my resume & past experience. Followed up by a two hour in-person interview. The in-person interview consisted of three two-person interviews. One interview w/Directors, one with Managers & one with Peer Developers. Some questions were technical but I definitely wouldn't classify it as a technical interview.

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at National Futures Association (Chicago, IL) in January 2018.

Interview

My resume was forwarded by a friend who worked at NFA, then got a phone and on site interview, with HR people, directors of Information Systems, and different group leaders.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Futures Association (Chicago, IL) in November 2010.

Interview

I submitted my resume and cover letter online. I then made an appointment online to schedule the interview. I showed up in professional dress. I participated in a 1 on 1 interview for 30 minutes. It wasn't terribly difficult. It was mostly questions that you would expect in an interview. What's your leadership style? How do you work in a team? The last 5 or 10 minutes was allowed for me to ask questions.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at National Futures Association (Chicago, IL) in November 2007.

Interview

The first round was an on-campus interview. They were the standard interview questions. "Tell me about a time when you had a conflict, was the leader, managed yourself when you had a lot going on." If you do some research about the company and what they do, you'll be fine. You'll get a 2nd round offer if you have decent questions (ask about forex).

The 2nd round still shouldn't be intimidating. If you are not in the Chicago area, they will fly you in or pay for your millage and standard expenses (includes parking, excludes gas)

You start with being told about the benefits. Then you have a writing test (How can NFA reduce costs while still expanding oversights? answer: more testing in their office). Then you interview with two employees who supervise people at lower levels. The questions are the same as the 1st round. The final portion is a lunch or snack with employees that will be closer to your (most likely) hiring level. Don't get tricked, this is still part of the interview process! These people are still evaluating you and they write up an analysis of your meal.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you succeeded   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you struggled and how you overcame it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Nothing. Nearly all employees come straight out of college. They might negotiate with 5% of the interviewees. But those are the people that are far too overqualified to be there in the first place. Think an I-Banking internship and then applying for a non-profit / quasi-government job. They won't match the salary those people want, so don't even waste your time.

Staff Auditor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at National Futures Association in November 2012.

Interview

On campus interview then one in their office. Second interview has a writing sample and a "snack" which is really an excuse for the employees who go with you to get a bunch of free food and an afternoon off. Very nice people all around. Takes a very long time to hear back from them and you may have to actively seek updates.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you? Not a particularly awful question, but completely honest answers (MONEYMONEYMONEEEEHMOOOONEEEEH) are probably not the way to go.   Answer Question