National Heritage Academies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

National Heritage Academies Interview Questions

Interviews at National Heritage Academies

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Ypsilanti, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Heritage Academies (Ypsilanti, MI) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very in-depth got a tour of the whole building and met a lot of employees. The principal was the one doing the hiring process and he made sure to make me feel comfortable. He showed where everything and was very clear of my role once hired.

Anonymous Employee in Wake Forest, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Heritage Academies (Wake Forest, NC) in October 2018.

Interview

I came in and the Deans all interviewed me for the position and they were all very enthusiastic, interactive, and professional. There was a wonderful amount of positive energy in the room which made me feel extremely welcome.

Interview Questions

• How would you react to a student who does not want to participate?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at National Heritage Academies (Durham, NC) in October 2012.

Interview

Very good interview with principal. Up-to-date facility

Interview Questions

Hourly rate much too low based on my education and experience

Paraprofessional Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Heritage Academies.

Interview

" Name a time" type questions, hypothecial questions, and also the usual questions about your strengths and weaknesses. Typical school interview questions. They should give deep personality and skill quizzes for this positions instead.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you made a difference. Name one of your strengths/weaknesses. Adversity and how you handled it. If all of these are just a normal part of your job, you can get a little puzzled about how to answer if you don't make a habit of talking yourself up to people; you just do your job well and don't stroke your own ego. A lot of excellent employees I have known (may) stumble on these types of questions, and end up losing out, but if you area proficient liar your chances may be better. No one will know that you were sort of lazy and talked behind everyone's back in your previous job. That is the trouble with those type of questions. Sometimes the good ,honest, and humble can get left behind.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at National Heritage Academies (Kalamazoo, MI).

Interview

Had an interview with the principal, behavior interventionist, and one other administrative staff. Was very informative and I enjoyed the experience. The staff were friendly and you could definitely see the bond between the staff.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a student who is having behavioral issues?   Answer Question

Music Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Heritage Academies.

Interview

First impression of student behavior in hallways was very good leading me to expect the same within the individual classrooms. Unfortunately, as I toured the school, I could hear teachers screaming at their students and saw kids in the classrooms running around. It looked like very little learning was being accomplished. After my tour, I almost did not want to interview for the position but changed my mind.

Interview Questions

• I was expected to know items specific to the area that the school was servicing. Since I am not from the Detroit area, I did not know that the school was within close proximity to some projects.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was unable to negotiate. I was offered 39000 the first year and another offer for 40000 the second year.

Music Teacher Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at National Heritage Academies in October 2008.

Interview

The offered a trial period with sub pay. Based on a few days they offered yet another trial period. They expected someone in this position to manage the classroom better than the already hired teachers, even on the first day with the students. This (theoretically) meant complete and utter control over almost the whole student body. The claim was that the hired teachers had supreme control, as well as stellar entertainment value in the classroom to keep the students interested. This I did not see for most teachers. Most were no different than anywhere else I taught. I did see humiliation of students with in your face yelling.

Interview Questions

• There were no unusual questions.   1 Answer

Art Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at National Heritage Academies (Brooklyn, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

I received a phone call from the recruiter after submitting a resume online. We set a time to talk for 30 minutes a few days later. After passing the phone interview, I met with 2 Deans (Assistant Principals) at the school. They were very friendly and easy to talk to. They both left after I was there for 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I was serious about making a long term commitment to the school. They asked about my classroom management style.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. They told me that there was a set salary based on experience. There would be a bonus of $1000/year based on performance.

IT Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Heritage Academies (Grand Rapids, MI) in March 2017.

Interview

The process took over 30 days. There was first a phone interview and then an one on one interview with the manager and one more with some of the members of the team.

Interview Questions

• If you were an advocate for the user and they wanted the site a certain way but In"represented the business" and we said we have to have it's a certain way, that is outside of the user request. How would you handle it.   1 Answer

Admissions Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Heritage Academies (Detroit, MI) in January 2014.

Interview

I applied online, was contacted the next day for a phone screen by recruiter and the headquarters followed by in-person interview with the hiring manager at the school where I would be working. We reviewed data and talked about the job. Afterwards, we toured the school and then went to the other school where I would be working for a tour.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach recruiting students for this school?   Answer Question