NaviNet Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NaviNet Software Engineer Interview Questions

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NaviNet (Boston, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied for the position through my university job referral. I was contacted by the HR after one day of the referral for setting up an in-person interview, and it was scheduled one week later. When on the day of interview, I was at first brought by the hiring manager into a conference room to have a programming skills evaluation on a sheet of paper for 30 minutes, then he directly began face-to-face conversation with me, which was also 30 minutes. For the evaluation, the problems were not too hard. For the conversation, he asked me about programming questions at the majority of time, including the one I mentioned in the "Interview Questions" section which I thought was challenging, and at the rest of the time in the conversation he asked me some basic behavioral questions like "what do you know about our company", "why do you want this job", "tell me about your project experience", and so on. After the conversation, I was brought to take a tour of their office.

Interview Questions

• Given two strings that contain only digits, which can be treated as two numbers, how to produce a new string that also contains only digits that the new number is the sum of the two given numbers? For example, given "120" and "30", "150" should be produced.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for NaviNet

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at NaviNet (Boston, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

It was suppose to be 2 hours. Received a detailed schedule from HR before coming in for the interview. First part was three part test of programming questions by myself. The second part was a panel interview with more questions asked in person. The third interview was suddenly canceled but I wasn't notified at all.

Interview Questions

• Simple programming questions. Mergesort two arrays of numbers.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at NaviNet (Boston, MA) in September 2013.

Interview

Pretty straightforward. Got the interview through a recruiter and was able to land a phone interview which was then followed up by an in person interview a few days later. Interview went well. I met with the manager and we discussd the role and what they were looking for and then I was asked to design a shopping cart system. After designing the system two developers came in and we discussed the architecture and implementing new methods into the design

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult I knew the shopping cart system problem ahead of time as it was given to me by the recruiter and company beforehand to prepare.   Answer Question

Was offered other positions I was more interested in.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NaviNet (Boston, MA).

Interview

Interviewed out of college via a career fair. Interview was a pretty standard audition type. They gave me a simple data structure (like you'd get for an intro to data structures assignment) and gave me an hour by myself to draw out on a whiteboard the general interface and implementation for how I would design a few features and how they would interact. Two engineers than came back and asked my questions about my design decisions. I basically just had to justify why I made the decisions I did, and we discussed in a non-interrogative way what were some other ways it could have been implemented, and they asked me hypothetically how I might change things to satisfy a different set of requirements.

I would basically just suggest getting comfortable with object oriented design and be able to explain why you design something the way you did. They didn't ask me any syntactic or nitty gritty "even if I didn't know that I could just google it" questions, which was a nice change of pace and I felt was a plus (some places think its important to be know obscure shell commands and the like off the top of your head).

Interview Questions

• Nothing exceptional. Was asked to design a shopping cart system that you might find on a e-commerce web portal and show how I would implement a few basic methods and structure the data.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NaviNet (Cambridge, MA) in March 2010.

Interview

Detailed phone interview to weed out anyone who doesn't know what they're talking about. Second interview was developing and presenting role based software. Third interview was one on one meet and greet.

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NaviNet (Cambridge, MA) in July 2007.

Interview

I had a technical phone screen first, during which I was asked pretty basic technical questions that covered broad range of things (from Transact SQL to object oriented design). They immediately told me that it went well and that HR person will be in touch. After that they emailed me "technical audition" material, which I was supposed to prepare for in advance. I then came in and presented the solution to 2 senior developers on a white board. They asked me a lot of questions, most of them were open-ended design questions and very few syntaxical ones. They made me an offer within a week. This company is taking the hiring process very seriously and is looking for certain types of people that are smart, generic, dynamic, curious, passionate about what they do, and also can communicate well. You can't really prepare in advance for interviews like that.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at NaviNet (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)) in October 2013.

Interview

The interview process is not easy. Usually its a 4 hours interview process where you are asked to design a software solution for specific requirements. Then they keep adding/changing requirements and you need to change your design acording with new requirements.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions usually are around OOP, general c#, security, queue systems...   Answer Question