Navy Exchange Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Navy Exchange Interview Questions

Interviews at Navy Exchange

2.2

Multiple Positions Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Navy Exchange in February 2012.

Interview

Met the Store Divisional Manager at the main exchange off base. My interview consisted of just her and I. It was the shortest interview I had ever had in my life.

Interview Questions

• Explain in more detail your retail experience.   1 Answer

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Navy Exchange (Norfolk, VA) in July 2009.

Interview

Over the phone interview was basic, understanding of Visual Merchandising and expereince. Actual interview involved one on one time, and then a store tour, which lasted about 2 hours. The final interview was a week later and involved creating a same of work. The offer took about 10 days to come through.

IT Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Navy Exchange.

Interview

The process was LONG, it took weeks after the interview to higher me, but I am told this isn't typical. Other than that it will be a 2 on 1.

Interview Questions

• typical support questions: walk me through how to help some one with a printer that's not printing... what command on Linux lists the directories, what does the command ping do, why would something not save on a computer, cant reach a website what might be happening, basic level IT   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Navy Exchange.

Interview

There are two people who are interviewing you inside of a conference room. So its a bit intimidating. Its not a long interview and they generally let you know if you have the job by the end of it. They ask pretty basic questions such as tell us about yourself and what are some of your skills.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kings Bay, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Navy Exchange (Kings Bay, GA) in November 2015.

Interview

Simple interview with questions directly relating to the job. 3 people in the interview. Only one did the questioning. Not intimidating or hard. They only asked about 5/6 questions.

Assistant Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Navy Exchange (Virginia Beach, VA) in December 2014.

Interview

Panel Interviews, Some times two to three interviews-depending on management/department, Basic scenario questions and basic tell me about yourself questions, will ask you questions to see how much experience you really do have. Know what the company's mission is and what we do here. Make sure you understand what the job description means and that you can speak to it.

Interview Questions

• What project have you been apart of that if you hadn't spoken up and made suggestions, it would not have gone as envisioned?   1 Answer

Store Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Great Lakes, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Navy Exchange (Great Lakes, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview was very basic, standard retail questions. The interviewer was not the most adept that I've ever met with, but they were not the most inept, either. The interview covered most aspects of the job, and described some of the unique attributes of working for the company, but dropped the ball on some parts that had to be picked up on the job.

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cullman, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Navy Exchange (Cullman, AL) in August 2015.

Interview

I had a series of three interviews. First with the head cashier, then with her associate, and finally with the store manager which offered me a job. Due to my experience, I felt I should have been offered more to begin in which this talent of mine was exemplified after only ten minutes on floor they offered me my own line to cashier, swearing I had done this before. I'm really well with electronics and customer service.

Interview Questions

• What challenge have you overcome.   1 Answer
    • Describe how a difficult situation was handled.   1 Answer
    • What is your point of view on customer service and give an example of this.   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Navy Exchange (Jacksonville, FL) in August 2012.

Interview

One on one interview; laid back and also gave a tour of the store. Asked about my schedule flexibility and my customer service skills. Watched the cashiers work for a few minutes and then had the opportunity to ask questions. No testing required.Received an offer at the end of the interview and selected my schedule for the next two weeks. Great experience and management was very laid back and welcoming during the process.

SALES CLERK Interview

Interview

applied online was called within 2 weeks for an interview. was interview by two-man panel. questions were why do u want to work there? whats EEO? how you manage a difficult customers?initiatives you have taken in the past