Navy Federal Credit Union Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 24, 2017

2.7

Financial Literacy Public Speaker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waukegan, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union (Waukegan, IL).

Interview

I had a very positive experience with the interview process. The employees were extremely professional and I felt like I made a real connection with everyone I came into contact with. The employees really took their job seriously (in a good way) and I could tell they genuinely had a strong desire to find the right candidate that was truly fit for the position. They asked a lot of questions. I had two interviews. The second interview required me to put together a presentation and present it to the team. I had to answer 4 questions in front of the entire team on the second interview. Overall, I was very impressed.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to learn a new skill on the job.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union in June 2017.

Interview

First Interview was a quick phone interview or screen. They explained that part time is how they hire in and there is an extensive training process of 10 weeks. Their employees do all of the positions; teller, loans, front desk greeting, etc.

Member Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union in June 2017.

Interview

Interview was with 1 senior supervisor. She made the interview very comfortable. I told her about myself and why I was looking to start a new career with Navy Federal. She then asked 6 questions where I had to explain a Time when. I was able to answer all the questions and was detailed in my response. A few hours after the interview I received an email stating that they were completing the Background check. Interview was 3 days ago now and I haven't heard anything else yet.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union (Norfolk, VA) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied through website. Was asked to take a simulated online test (lasts between 45-60 min). Questions included bunch of financial transactions and customer service related questions. Total of 6 sessions. Each session has multiple questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you rate this session based on the following scenario?   Answer Question

Member Service Representative I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winchester, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union (Winchester, VA) in May 2017.

Interview

If your application meets their criteria, you will get an assessment to complete. If you pass the assessment, you will start receiving calls/voice mails (redundant) from different people at NFCU who are either located in Pensacola or Virginia. The phone number in your caller ID history will be 7032722013 for all of these calls. Pay attention to the following: Double check and make sure that you listen to every one of these voice mails if you don't answer the calls as you receive them. Failure to do this will result in you not getting an interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had an irate customer and what you did to resolve the issue.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Centreville, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union (Centreville, VA) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online through the Web site, and was then sent a link to complete an online assessment process. Was impressed by the assessment, and thought it was a good way to screen for people with good customer service skills.

Interview Questions

• Interesting computer simulation of six vignettes that you might encounter working in this position. You interacted with the online customer avatar. Throughout each vignette, there were multiple points at which you selected from one of four possible responses. You had to rate the responses from best to worst. Spend the time to think about your answers to see which one gives the best customer service. At the end, they asked two open ended questions. One was something like how did you handle an angry customer, and the other I forget. What was interesting about this is that Navy made an automated phone call to record me answering the questions vs. just typing them into the assessment. Pretty interesting process. You'll need a good hour to complete the whole thing.   Answer Question

Processor Interview

Interview

One interview and will give you a start date in a few days. the interview is easy. When starting you will completer a training chorse for a few weeks to become aclimated into navy federal.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union (Pensacola, FL).

Interview

I applied online and was sent an online assessment a few days later. I got an interview a few days after completing the assessment. They asked typical job interview questions to gauge your personality and the way that you handle conflicts on the job.

Interview Questions

• Why should I buy this pen over this pencil?   2 Answers

Member Service Representative I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winchester, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union (Winchester, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

Received an online assessment, was called to discuss resume, she then scheduled an interview, interview was easy -behavioral questions and technological skills on a computer as the interviewers instructed what they wanted you to do. Was not offered a job at the interview, but was told I would be contacted if yes or no in a few weeks.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you were unsure of how to solve a problem   Answer Question

Member Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union (Pensacola, FL).

Interview

Didn't get the job, but will keep.retrying... I've heard it is a great company to work for so I want to be part of their company.
    I have a lot to offer to their company and to the public. I like helping others.