Navy Federal Credit Union Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 13, 2018

2.8

Software Tester Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union (Pensacola, FL) in February 2014.

Interview

After applying, it took about a month to finally here that I had been selected to interview. After that, I went and did job shadowing in the department to really get a better feel for the culture.

Collections Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union (Vienna, VA) in June 2016.

Interview

Friendly and helpful HR Rep. Then spoke with department managers for 45 minutes. I could tell from the outset based on the description of the duties and the structure of the department that they deemed that I was overqualified. I would have been fine with it because the intangibles (NFCU is a great company) can outweigh the job duties/pay.

Interview Questions

• They asked all the "situational" questions that have become popular.   Answer Question

Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union (Vienna, VA).

Interview

HR contacted me. Had phone conversation with HR before meeting hiring manager in person. Was hired immediately. Entire process took about 2 weeks from very first contact. Actual interviews done in about a week.

Interview Questions

• I wasn't asked any really difficult questions. I was given a lot of time to ask my own questions, so research the company, position, and have a good idea of good questions to ask before you come in. But then again, I was well overqualified for the job and the hiring manager even mentioned he was afraid of that.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was not given a truthful picture of the group and qualifications. Lowball offer with promises not delivered on raises and promotions.

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union in January 2013.

Interview

Hiring was pretty smooth actually. One interview with the Branch and Regional Manager. Took about a week

Interview Questions

• Dont remember any difficult questions. Pretty straight-forward   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union (Vienna, VA) in April 2014.

Interview

Navy Federal was one of the best places when it came down to interviewing and hiring. The recruiter always contacted me on time and I was always able to contact her by email or by telephone whenever I had a question. The interview process was good as well, they asked relevant questions to your job title and also were very nice.

Interview Questions

• I wouldn't say there was any questions that were very difficult or unexpected. If you did your research on the position and were honest with every answer then the interview process was very smooth. I would suggest to do some research on the position before you go in for the interview and be very confident in everything you talk about. They really like leadership and confidence, so if you can show them that then you should be good!   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Interview

They replied quickly to my application. There was an in person interview followed by a phone interview. Met with a recruiter and a team member during the in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenging team environment you have worked in.   Answer Question

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union (Vienna, VA) in February 2010.

Interview

Hiring process is kicked off by applying to one of the open positions on their web-site. A recruiter will contact you to setup the technical interview.
    There are 2 separate interviews, on for soft skills an the other for tehnical skills. Expect to be grilled on the subject corresponding to the position you applied for.

Interview Questions

• It helps to have prior finiancial background. Make sure that you actually know the technical skills mentioned on your resume. The most difficult question will be based on what you claim to have worked on.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union (Pensacola, FL) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview was pretty laid back I was introduced to (what would've been) my manager and they proceeded to ask a few basic interview questions. The questions they asked were not overly difficult they only ask about your relvant experience on data mining, SQL (make sure your pivot table skills are good!) , excel, and a few other things. Make sure your SQL and Excel skills are really good if you're applying for the level 1 position. You should have a fair amount of experience working with large amounts of data. Lastly, I can not stress enough that you should be good with pivot tables and at least decent in SQL.

After the interview you will be asked to do some practice questions testing your knowledge on SQL.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union (Vienna, VA) in April 2012.

Interview

I attended a college career fair and was not initially going to speak to the Navy Federal Credit Union people but there was no one waiting at their table so I went over to chat. I met a friendly and pleasant recruiter who took and reviewed my resume, said it looked impressive, and asked me to apply for an open Business Operations Analyst position on their website. I ended up not applying for the position, but the recruiter called me maybe a month or two later and asked if I wanted to come in for an interview. I said yes, and was asked to fill out the usual employment forms prior to the interview as well as an essay question: "Describe one of your most meaningful achievements and how it relates to your future goals".

The interview was held at the Navy Federal HQ in Vienna, VA. The campus is relatively large and well kept, and is kind of tucked away in a Vienna residential neighborhood. I arrived to the main building early and told the woman at the front desk that I was there for an interview, and she said she would call the recruiter to pick me up. I think she must have forgotten about me because it was 10 minutes past my interview start time before she finally called the recruiter to come get me. The recruiter came and led me through the main office area which is a large open atrium type area with maybe three floors surrounded by cubicles and offices. I was taken to a small interview room where two managers were waiting to interview me. They were both wearing khakis and polo shirts, in fact most employees I saw were dressed fairly casually.

The interview lasted about an hour and consisted of typical "get to know you" questions as well as a series of behavioral interview questions. There was time at the end for me to ask my own questions about the job and the organization. The managers were easy going and gave me time to gather my thoughts when answering questions. However, the series of interview questions was quite long, and at times it felt more like the managers were just going down the list of questions, rather than allowing the interview to develop organically and conversationally. At the end of the interview, one of the managers indicated that second round interviews might be conducted, while the other implied that just the one interview would be sufficient (I think they were each looking to hire someone).

After the interview I did not receive any type of contact from anyone at Navy Federal letting me know whether I was selected for the position or not.

Interview Questions

• Describe a problem or question that you solved or investigated and describe the steps you took to arrive at your conclusion.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when a communication you made could have been better and how would you change that communication if you could do it over again.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Navy Federal Credit Union?   Answer Question

Business Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union.

Interview

I applied on their website and three weeks later received a call to schedule an interview for the following week. The interview itself was a fairly pleasant conversation with multiple managers in an interview room. The questions themselves were off of a sheet of pre approved questions and were fairly standard. Based on body language/responses I felt that I had done well but two weeks later got a standard form "proceeding with other candidates" email.

Interview Questions

• What are your long term career goals and how does this position fit with them?   Answer Question