Navy Federal Credit Union Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Mortgage Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union (Vienna, VA).

Interview

Behavioral interview questions with focus on your resume and how you did in your previous jobs. Asked about education, what kind of projects you have done and how you work with a team of people

Interview Questions

• Tell me about this experience (from resume)   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union.

Interview

Open ended questions mainly focusing on leadership skills and only one question about escrow. Two interviewers asked questions and lasted for a hour. Very laid back interview. Was conducted virtually for COVID - 19

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union (San Diego, CA) in April 2020.

Interview

Was a great interview process. Everyone was very nice and communication was efficient. Took about 2 weeks total to do over the phone interview and face to face interview.

Compliance Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union.

Interview

I initially spoke with HR telephonically. The call with HR went over my resume in detail. I was then contacted by HR to schedule an interview onsite. The onsite interview was a panel interview. Thereafter, they requested two different types of writing samples.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union.

Interview

I had basic interview questions.You will need a strong customer service background and basic math skills to qualify. You will most likely interview for more than one team at a time. They will deliberate and one may pick you. It gives you a better chance on landing a position there.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union (Pensacola, FL) in February 2020.

Interview

received a phone call interview a month after applying and was scheduled for a face to face with two people interview the following week during interview had to perform a simulation

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with an irate customer   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union (Pensacola, FL) in February 2020.

Interview

applied online , took assessment , interviewed 1 month later in person, still waiting to hear back. says application in review on my account as well as “first shift band bench *not posted*” not sure what that means

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union (Memphis, TN) in January 2020.

Interview

The HR person introduced their self and wanted to discuss the position I applied for. I answered questions regarding my past work history and educational experience. I also told them of the previous banking experience that was not listed on the resume. I believe there were also several senorio questions that required you to think on your feet.

Interview Questions

• Why would I want to work for Navy Federsl?   Answer Question
    • I cannot answer the question regarding if I was offer a job because she had several other people to interview and would follow up with me.   Answer Question

Benefits Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union (Pensacola, FL).

Interview

There was a phone interview with the recruiter and then a face-to-face interview with two Managers. I also had to complete two assessments (Math & Grammar/Punctuality). The questions were mainly behavioral (tell me about a time when...).

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were asked to something unreasonable.   Answer Question

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union (Vienna, VA) in December 2019.

Interview

For a company that people say is a great place to work, their interview process doesn't reflect well.

The interview process is extremely disorganized and even they don't know what is going on. I've had a position cancelled twice. Then they reached back out when a position opened back up, a few months later.

On another interview, they didn't enable their web meeting and no one responded in time, this was probably 3 months after the application was initially submitted.

Interview Questions

• general questions on approach to problems and technology   Answer Question

Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union (Vienna, VA).

Interview

This was by far the worst interview process I have ever encountered. First of all, the recruiter emailed me and said "we've scheduled an interview for you on this date and time" at a location that was 2 hours away from where the job was supposed to be. There was no pre-screen or conversation. When I asked about a salary range I was told they don't publish those, so I had to drive 2 hours out of my way to apply for a job that I had no idea if it was even in the range of my current salary.

I had been told before the interview I would need to prepare a 10 minute presentation and I'd have access to a computer. When I got there, I hadn't even sat down in my chair before they asked me what I needed to start my presentation. I had it on a thumb drive, but the computer in their interview room had no USB port. Apparently the only way to get a presentation up would have been to email it to one of the interviewers, but that was not communicated. Thankfully I had a printed version. After my presentation they began to fire-off canned interview questions one after another (there were three people interviewing me, one in person, two via video conferencing). There was never a question about my work experience, no questions asking me to tell about my experience, why I was interested in the job, not a single question related to my resume. In fact none of the interviewers had a copy of my resume in front of them and they weren't interested in a copy either. They just had their list of questions. I felt like I was a cow being paraded in front of the judges at the county fair. It was clear they were interviewing a large number of candidates to fill several roles and they were treating it like an assembly line. If the interview process is any indication of how they treat their employees, this is not someplace I would ever want to work.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you failed to prepare properly and the outcome.   Answer Question