Navy Federal Credit Union Interview Questions

Updated Jun 27, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 457 of over 457 interviews

Employee Referral4%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

Navy Federal Credit Union

Application

I interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union

Interview

Interview via video with two different interviewers. They took turns asking me questions. They asked a variety of questions both about my work style and personality. They also asked sales-oriented questions.

Interview Questions
  • They asked me to pick a common every day item that I liked and to sell them on the features and benefits of the item.
    Answer Question

Navy Federal Credit Union

Application

I interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union

Interview

Everything was smooth and professional. They got back quick and answered all the questions I had for them. They also considered my higher degree in the interview which I was not expecting

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The latest conversations about Finance

Join the conversation on

Finance

67K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/finance/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=Navy Federal Credit Union~7281
Join the conversation on

Application

Interview

Behavioral based questions, be ready to answer questions with story examples. One interview with manager and asst manager, 4 weeks total. I accepted and started 2 weeks later. Overall was a great experience.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a situation in which you dealt with an angry customer.

Navy Federal Credit Union

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union in Jun 2022

Interview

I interviewed for the mobile analyst position with two lead techs. One in Virginia and the other in Florida . The Interview process was cookie cutter and bland. No formal introduction about the company or themselves. They very briefly introduced themselves and then got right to asking generic questions to gauge my knowledge. For example, one of the questions asked was “Tell us your experience with mobile devices ” Very vague. On top of that, one of them didn’t hear my long winded answer so I had to repeat it. Nothing technical was asked.

Interview Questions
  • -Tell us your experience with mobile devices -What makes you stand out from other candidates?

Application

Interview

First I Interviewed over the phone very easy and informal. Had a second interview via video. This interview was long and had some different questions about personality and experience. They also told me more about the role and their experience working there.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about yourself What is a quote you live by? How would a person close to you describe you?

Navy Federal Credit Union

Application

I interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union

Interview

Applied April 2,2022 . Interview three weeks later then haven’t heard anything it’s been two weeks so hoping for a call back. The hiring person emailed me and the rest was on the manager

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Navy Federal Credit Union

Application

I interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union

Interview

I want to start off by saying that I have many years of experience in banking, a great resume, and awesome references. I decided to apply for the MSR position and within a week received an email from the recruiter asking for me to give her a call to set up an interview. I replied to the email and did not receive a response, so the next day I decided to call her and no response. I left a message and a couple of days later reached out to her yet again as a final attempt. She completely ghosted me, which is extremely unprofessional and in my opinion, that is a reflection of the company she represents. Even if the position was filled internally or a different candidate was lined up, a follow up email would have been appropriate. But to reach out and then not follow up? That is extremely poor form and unprofessional.

Interview Questions
  • I did not receive a follow up email for an interview after the recruiter reached out to me.
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union (Richmond, VA) in May 2022

Interview

Recruiter shared that they would follow up within 2 weeks. Never heard back from recruiter even after following up with an email and phone call. Received a generic email response over a month and a half after my phone interview. Horrible candidate experience.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Navy Federal Credit Union (Pensacola, FL) in May 2022

Interview

A short interview with a Human Resource talent acquisition professional followed by a phone interview with departmental representatives. The HR conversation included reason for leaving prior position as well as salary requirements discussion.

Interview Questions
  • Why are you interested in this position?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pensacola, FL

Application

Interview

I was interviewed by two women and one was being trained. Had they not (sort of) told me, it would have been obvious. I prepared for and nailed the interview, I was confident of that and very qualified. Due to technical issues with the video call, when we hung up, I could still hear them discussing. I quickly fumbled to disconnect, but unfortunately could hear a few after thoughts. Overall, it was clear the trainer was more focused on the trainee and the trainee was more focused on her own performance. I was fully prepared to be persisant and continue trying if I did not get the position (from what I underatand, you typically don't on the first try), this experience left a bad impression personally.

Interview Questions
  • I had to try and sell a product of my choosing. The trainee seemed to have to rephrase her own questions to herself multiple times before I could answer them throughout the interview.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 457 Interviews

Navy Federal Credit Union Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Navy Federal Credit Union as 70.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.78 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Customer Service Representative and Member Service Representative rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Member Service Representative II and Msr roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Navy Federal Credit Union takes an average of 22 days when considering 546 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Member Services Representative had the quickest hiring process (on average 12 days), whereas Member Service Representative roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 19 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Navy Federal Credit Union according to 546 Glassdoor interviews include:

Group Panel Interview: 18.27%