Nektar Therapeutics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nektar Therapeutics Interview Questions

Updated Jul 18, 2017

2.9

Senior Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nektar Therapeutics.

Interview

Interview with HR, 2nd Interview with Hiring Manager. Both phone calls. Hiring Manager hung up on me 5 minutes into the conversation. Very unprofessional. I was mid sentence and he said "ok thank bye" and hung up. Definitely shows what kind of company they are if they cannot even take an interview seriously or professionally.

Interview Questions

• Describe skills you have that will benefit the position you are applying for.   Answer Question

Medical Writing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Nektar Therapeutics (San Francisco, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied directly to company for a Manager position, but hiring manager was willing to consider me for an Assoc Dir position. Interview conducted in mid-May 2015; spoke with 7-8 people over a full day. Made 3 follow-up inquiries over approx 6 weeks, all with no definitive response. In mid-Sept, HR rep contacted me to tell me hiring manager had left company, function was moved to another dept, and I would have to interview with a new group of people if I was still interested. In light of other opportunities that arose in the interim, I declined to pursue further.

QA Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Nektar Therapeutics (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Good process, and very thorough; but took way too long to finally get an offer and start date.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Rigid, inflexible

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nektar Therapeutics (Huntsville, AL) in April 2014.

Interview

I came to know about this position via a recruiter. There was initial phone interview with hiring manager. Was invited to the onsite after 2 weeks. Had 1:1 interview along with panel presentation. The interviews were all day long process. The onsite interview was followed by telephonic interview with upper management. Got the offer within 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They offered on the lower end of their scale. We met at the middle. Benefits and compensation are great, so no need to negotiate on that.

Principal Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nektar Therapeutics (Milwaukee, WI) in February 2014.

Interview

Close to industry standard. Required presentation only included senior staff. Co-workers only met over lunch. Interview process took about 5 hours and most had 2 interviewers.
     Travel and hotel were arranged and pre-paid, meals and incidental expenses were not.
    Pre-interview responses from HR were slow, even for working through a recruiter.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about winter?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiated sign-on bonus and PTO. Nothing else was considered

Mgt, Medical Writing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nektar Therapeutics (San Francisco, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

A third-party recruiter told me about a "Manager, Medical Writing" position that was available, and the company's website showed both a "Manager" and "Director" position available. Therefore, it seemed that the company was willing to consider a candidate for any mid-mgt position within Medical Writing. After phone-screening with the third-party recruiter, I phone-screened with the in-house recruiter, and then with the hiring manager. Things went no further.

To this day, both positions remain open and I've seen ads from other recruiters trying to fill the "Manager" position as a contract opportunity. Obviously, this company is looking for some kind of medical writing virtuoso and hasn't found it. Mind you, it's not a terribly successful company so it makes me wonder what sort of candidate they can realistically expect.

Interview Questions

• From the hiring manager: "Have I missed any opportunities with regard to the kinds of documents our department should be writing?"   1 Answer

Research Associate III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nektar Therapeutics (Huntsville, AL) in August 2009.

Interview

Phone interview, then a full day interview with 5-6 different people ranging from mangers to coworkers including lunch. most of the questions were very straight forward. Lunch was fun and the best way to see if you will like the company it to ask the coworkers that take you to lunch. Ask their honest opinion and what they like or dont like about their jobs.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation when in conflict with another employee.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Turned down 1st offer and received a higher offer that I accepted.

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nektar Therapeutics (Huntsville, AL) in July 2009.

Interview

Had an HR interview over the phone, one week later had a phone interview with the hiring manager. Flew in for a full day in person interview, gave a presentation to the group after the lunch interview followed by more one- on - one interviews. Lots of great technical questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didnt need to, good offer.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Carlos, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nektar Therapeutics (San Carlos, CA) in April 2009.

Interview

Contacted by company HR Manager as a result of a referral. Was invited to an on-site interview after the phone interview. Received clear and concise agenda and directions via email. Interviewed by 3 people, 30 minutes each. Hiring manager set clear expectation of when I will be notified of outcome. Was contacted by phone as scheduled that they selected another candidate. The interview was cordial. The office is OK.

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nektar Therapeutics (Hyderabad (India)) in January 2016.

Interview

good with knowldge more with personnel attaire good with knowldge more with personnel attaire good with knowldge more with personnel attaire good with knowldge more with personnel attaire good with knowldge more with personnel attaire