Nektar Therapeutics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Nektar Therapeutics

2.9

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nektar Therapeutics (San Francisco, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

Very organized process, NDA to be signed, down to a checklist for lunch. Very professional and it looks like they a hiring many folks. HR reached out first then there was a phone screen with the hiring manager. Options for parking were offered for the in person interview.

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nektar Therapeutics (San Francisco, CA) in February 2019.

Interview

It was pretty good, and open. People were all very nice, respectful, and receptive to good conversation, etc. I would recommend others to be open to Nektar as a place to work.

Medical Writing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Nektar Therapeutics (San Francisco, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied directly to company for a Manager position, but hiring manager was willing to consider me for an Assoc Dir position. Interview conducted in mid-May 2015; spoke with 7-8 people over a full day. Made 3 follow-up inquiries over approx 6 weeks, all with no definitive response. In mid-Sept, HR rep contacted me to tell me hiring manager had left company, function was moved to another dept, and I would have to interview with a new group of people if I was still interested. In light of other opportunities that arose in the interim, I declined to pursue further.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nektar Therapeutics (San Francisco, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

Direct submission followed by hiring manager phone interview, on site interview, reference check etc. Standard, well organized, highly efficient. Everyone friendly. Panelists shared aspects/ ares to cover. Over all very pleasant and impressive process.

Senior Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nektar Therapeutics.

Interview

Interview with HR, 2nd Interview with Hiring Manager. Both phone calls. Hiring Manager hung up on me 5 minutes into the conversation. Very unprofessional. I was mid sentence and he said "ok thank bye" and hung up. Definitely shows what kind of company they are if they cannot even take an interview seriously or professionally.

Interview Questions

• Describe skills you have that will benefit the position you are applying for.   Answer Question

Science Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Nektar Therapeutics (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The interview process was awful. Very impersonal, no follow up and very disorganized. During the interview, I got the impression that the work environment at Nektar is bad (very competitive, rapacious, politically complicated and that most scientist are there only for the money). I am glad don't work there.

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nektar Therapeutics (Huntsville, AL) in July 2009.

Interview

Had an HR interview over the phone, one week later had a phone interview with the hiring manager. Flew in for a full day in person interview, gave a presentation to the group after the lunch interview followed by more one- on - one interviews. Lots of great technical questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didnt need to, good offer.

Principal Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nektar Therapeutics (Milwaukee, WI) in February 2014.

Interview

Close to industry standard. Required presentation only included senior staff. Co-workers only met over lunch. Interview process took about 5 hours and most had 2 interviewers.
     Travel and hotel were arranged and pre-paid, meals and incidental expenses were not.
    Pre-interview responses from HR were slow, even for working through a recruiter.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about winter?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiated sign-on bonus and PTO. Nothing else was considered

Research Associate III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nektar Therapeutics (Huntsville, AL) in August 2009.

Interview

Phone interview, then a full day interview with 5-6 different people ranging from mangers to coworkers including lunch. most of the questions were very straight forward. Lunch was fun and the best way to see if you will like the company it to ask the coworkers that take you to lunch. Ask their honest opinion and what they like or dont like about their jobs.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation when in conflict with another employee.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Turned down 1st offer and received a higher offer that I accepted.

QA Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Nektar Therapeutics (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Good process, and very thorough; but took way too long to finally get an offer and start date.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Rigid, inflexible