Netbuilder Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Netbuilder Interview Questions

2.7

Java Developer Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Netbuilder (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

The Interview was very relaxed and in a comfortable environment. I met with the hiring manager and we first spoke about where the company is now and where it started. We went over my past experiences and where I saw myself in the future. I took a simple Java quiz and then I asked questions about the industry and how NETBuilder will continue to flourish in the current market.

Entry Level Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Netbuilder (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview took about six hours including lunch time. It was a group interview. We were asked to come up with an idea for a product by researching the business potential, building the prototype, creating the advertisement, and etc. Overall, the interview felt pressured and it was the most unforgettable experience.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Netbuilder.

Interview

This was a very negative experience. The recruiter called me on Thanksgiving and, after I told him I was uninterested and hung up, he sent me "more information" via email less than 5 minutes later. Turned me off to the whole idea of working for this company. Overall, very unprofessional and rude.

Consultant Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Netbuilder (Manchester, England (UK)) in October 2015.

Interview

Initial phone interview was fairly straight forward asking about your commitments and your basic knowledge of the programming knowledge, and also asked about my relevant modules. Once that done I was told to attend the assessment centre which was based in Manchester and I live in London (PS they didn't pay for travel).

Once arriving we were in a group of 5 very small group (was surprised) and we were asked to go into computer lab sort of environment where the presentation on how "good" their company is and all. This person who was presenting seemed like he just wanted to get and over and done with attitude through out the day.

He also explained why the group is small compare to usual size it's due to the urgent need of consultant and they sort of realised at the last minute. He than explained it wouldn't be as long as usual assessment day so he told us he will allocate each one of us to one of the staff for the interview stage so we all go together and come back together since the group is very small.

He gave a task to be completed in an hour or so about something related in the news for the past 14 days and come up with a solution. Decide yourself who will be the project lead and all, and when the time comes I would like to see website, and a presentation (bit like Apprentice program style).

During the task I don't think anybody was watching us at all we were left alone to work with and every now and then there was this lady warned us about the time we left to finish the task. The guy came to his desk 10 minutes before the deadline, and minding his own business in his laptop didn't say a word even past the deadline. We asked "who calls for it to be ready?" and he immediately responded with "you should've told us this couple of minutes ago when your times up".

we got up nervously, and presented what we could do in the small time given a small group our work was not fantastic but after all the presentation and questions, we were just simply told "thanks for your hard word and bye" sounded rather sarcastic manner in my opinion anyway.

Interview Questions

• describe abstraction? what is oop principles? explain them? what do you like in IT? what interest you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Netbuilder (Manchester, England (UK)) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview consists of a phone interview with a recruiter followed by an assessment day which consisted of a Java test followed by a list of tasks had to be completed by the group as a whole and then presented. Over the course of the day each interviewee also had a more formal one on one interview with an Academy staff member during which their Java test results were scrutinised as well as their CV, background and general programming knowledge.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Netbuilder in August 2015.

Interview

Initial phone interview, then called to an assessment day in Manchester where you take a 15 minute test on Java. Then you anda group of other candidates must complete a list of tasks throughout the day and then present at the end of the day. During the day at some point you have a one on one interview to gage your coding skill.

Interview Questions

• What are the four principles of object oriented programming?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Netbuilder (Manchester, England (UK)) in August 2015.

Interview

First had a telephone interview, then went onto an assessment day which also had a one on one interview.
    The phone interview had some standard questions concerning OOP (Object-Orientated Programming) but nothing overly difficult to answer if you do some research beforehand.
    The assessment day was a lot of fun! Very quirky tasks to do and very fun to carry out. The one on one interview is just the standard review with some OOP questions thrown in. Again, nothing too difficult.

Application

Interview

A short phone interview followed by an assessment day in the company office with 17 other applicants. The day consisted of 14 tasks to complete as a functioning group to analyse how we all work, our strengths and our weaknesses. The day has a short technical interview but on the whole it is a very fun experience.

Interview Questions

• Provide an in-depth technical description of one of my University projects   1 Answer

IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Netbuilder (London, England (UK)) in July 2015.

Interview

Assessment day. Around 20 people attended, and they assigned us 19 tasks.
    A bit chaotic, probably intentional to see how we do in that type of situation.
    they called out candidates for interview throughout the day for interview.
    Interview itself were easy.

There was a mix of people from Computer Science background, Physics, Engineering... etc. So for some it would be harder to stand out.
    I did not get the offer in the end, but my advice would be on the day: be involved!
    Don't be in the background and make yourself present and memorable.

Also know the the principles of Java for the interview. Its important.

Interview Questions

• What does the `static` keyword mean in Java?
      What's special about primitives in Java?

In addition, normal question about how I got into I.T. from Engineering.
      1 Answer

Graduate Gateway Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Netbuilder (Manchester, England (UK)).

Interview

Telephone interview followed by assessment day. group tasks that were to be achieved by end of day. Tasks included; Design a webpage for a local landmark, take a group photo, write a themed song etc. As a group we were expected to elect a project manager for the day and to organise the taks and a lunch break. The day was good fun and finished around four.