New American Funding Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at New American Funding

2.5

Junior Loan Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tustin, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at New American Funding (Tustin, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

Phone screen call went well, I was scheduled for an interview for the next day with the HR person and 2 hiring managers. A personality test and cognition test were required prior to interview. The look on their face when they met me gave me the sense of feeling I was not meeting their profile . Although they went through with the interview, they didn't ask me much about my qualifications. Got the feeling they just wanted to get back to their work. I was taken on an office tour, most people in the department I applied for were in their late 20's and early 30's. Then it hit me, I had no chance because I was not their same age. I was not the right fit although I had all the job's qualifications. I got an e-mail a week later saying they pass.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at New American Funding.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me twice. First time, it wasn't a fit as they hired someone else. Second time, recruiter called again because it didn't work out with the first person they hired. So I went in for an in-person interview, and there wasn't much chemistry with the hiring person. It didn't seem like they knew what they wanted in the role.

Marketing Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New American Funding.

Interview

Unorganized and a colossal waste of time. Should have emailed me first to set up a phone interview, but HR employee called and started asking me everything right then and there (lots of questions and time consuming). Then tells me she'll schedule an in person interview for the following day, but left me hanging, so I followed up the next day about the interview time. Then I get an automated email saying they're looking for other candidates for this position blah blah blah. So rude. A simple response to my email would have been nice and courteous, especially since you wasted 20 minutes of my life that I'll never get back. I wouldn't want to work for a selfish company anyway. Thanks for helping me weed YOU out.

Anonymous Employee in Tustin, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at New American Funding (Tustin, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Met with floor manager and received an offer letter within 48 hours. The vice president of company explain the culture and what he was looking for in a new hire. The interview was more of a personality test as my current earnings proved my worth.

Interview Questions

• What I enjoyed doing and how I knew the person who referred me   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at New American Funding (Tempe, AZ) in May 2017.

Interview

Had in depth interviews with Recruiting Manager and two Production Managers. Met with them face to face. Reviewed my previous work history and success/ failures. They were interested in what I did at my previous employers.

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at New American Funding (Irvine, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

The first person I interviewed with is one of the VPs who was VERY professional, clean cut, and yet maintained a down-to-earth conversation style. There was little to no BS during this interview process, which is very rare for the industry I was in. Simply-put, this was the most straightforward interview process I have ever participated in. Quite refreshing!

Interview Questions

• What is your product mix? (this means what percentage of my production is FHA versus Conventional versus Jumbo)   1 Answer

Negotiation

Written offer given to you and if you accept, you sign it and return to admin. Simple, short, sweet.

Senior Loan Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pearland, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at New American Funding (Pearland, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Many phone interviews, emails, discussions with person who recommended me for the position, speaking with several Recruiters more than once, and a final Skype interview with Sr. Ops Manager and Recruiter

Interview Questions

• How do I deal with difficult Loan Officers?   1 Answer

Help Desk Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tustin, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at New American Funding (Tustin, CA).

Interview

The employer was extremely rude and unprofessional during our brief phone interview. He demanded on what I was looking for in terms of pay, however I didn't know enough about the position to make that determination so I ask him what was the position going for or the budget? He refused to answer and begin getting really aggressive and rude. So I asked what did the previous person make in this position? He refused again to answer in a very rude and condescending tone again. I eventually had to terminate the call because of his threatening tone and demeanor. It makes me wonder if they are treating me like this now than how are they going to treat me once I get on board working for them?

The reviews on here are true and correct, that they are extremely rude and unprofessional. I would never consider working here and wouldn't recommend it to my worse enemies.

Senior Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tustin, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at New American Funding (Tustin, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

My interview was with the underwriting manager and a human resources representative, a series of questions regarding different loan programs and type of transactions were asked, why was I leaving my employer. Then I was explained our bonus plan and benefits. I immediately knew I wanted this job, and I'm so delighted to be a part of this growing company.

Interview Questions

• Type of loans and transactions that I have handled,   1 Answer

Production Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tustin, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at New American Funding (Tustin, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Wanyla was very pleasant, and welcoming. It was about 45 minutes long, and it was great getting immediate feedback about my answers. It made me excited about the possibility of a job offer. I was ecstatic about the job offer.