New York Methodist Hospital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

New York Methodist Hospital Interview Questions

Interviews at New York Methodist Hospital

2.5

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at New York Methodist Hospital in June 2020.

Interview

Decided to review because I didnt see many recent reviews of the process. Note: I have had the interview recently and am waiting to hear back on offer.

I applied online and they emailed me 2 days later to do an online screening questionnaire. Then a few days later, HR recruiter emailed to set up two interviews and asked for availability. Two weeks later, I had the interviews. First one was a nurse recruiter, she was sweet but did ask a lot of questions, lasted about 45min. Second interview was with nursing manager which was intense as she spoke a lot about the unit and asked assessment question (tell me how you would do head to toe) and other scenario based questions. This lasted about an hour! Overall, the interviews were great, some redundant questions yet quite intense. I was exhausted after the meetings!

Interview Questions

• How do you do a head to toe assessment   Answer Question
    • Why are you interesting in working in this unit   Answer Question
    • Why should we hire you   Answer Question
    • Team work question- how do you work in a group setting where one person is not putting in their share   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time when you had to deal with patient/family conflict   Answer Question

Food Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New York Methodist Hospital (Brooklyn, NY).

Interview

The interview was pretty straight forward, no trick questions are asked just availability and team work questions. They really just want a grasp of if you will be reliable and if you will be consistent. Also, they ask how you work with others.

Interview Questions

• If you have a personal issue with an employee how do you address the issue.   Answer Question

New Graduate RN Interview

Interview

Rejected application through automated response saying requirements not met for a new graduate position. Was not told as there were no other extra requirements listed. Will be calling back for to get insight into why and will change here.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New York Methodist Hospital (Brooklyn, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Got an interview 2 weeks later. Got an offer another 2 weeks later. Started 2 weeks after that. They did blood for titers, did urinalysis through the lab. Very easy

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this job   1 Answer

Volunteer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New York Methodist Hospital.

Interview

NYM is now New York Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital. Interview process was relaxing and fun. They ask basic interview questions like why do you want to volunteer at Methodist? Tell me about yourself. Why are you interested in healthcare?
    Name an experience when you were moved and made you want to enter healthcare

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New York Methodist Hospital.

Interview

Met with recruiter to interview for a position and then met with Nurse Manager on floor 2 weeks later. HR at this hospital seems haphhazard. They sent me emails with incorrect information. HR never returns calls or emails, and was curt and dismissive when I called to follow up.

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New York Methodist Hospital.

Interview

I applied to a few openings on the Methodist website. A few weeks later I got a call to schedule an interview for the following week. First, I interviewed with HR. There they ask typical questions like why Methodist, why did you choose a career in nursing etc. Then I was sent to interview with the Director of Nursing. There, I was interviewed by two people who asked the typical questions (some were the same Qs asked by HR) and in addition to that, they ask some clinical scenario questions. Good Luck!

Volunteer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at New York Methodist Hospital (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very quick. The atmostphere was welcoming and the process took a month because you had to go to the doctor and get blood work. Getting the blood work took about 2 weeks. Then you had too email them, bring you stuff in. Take a drug test and then boom. your done! Your medical cleared..

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at New York Methodist Hospital in June 2016.

Interview

It was a positive interview and fast process. I interviewed online was a couple days later was sent an online assessment. I then received a data typing assessment and was then called in for an interview a week later. The day of the interview I first met with HR, such a sweet woman and then she sent me right over to the nurse manager that same day. The nurse manager and I interviewed on the floor where I had applied to and she was amazing. It didn't even feel like an interview. It felt more like a conversation just getting to know me. That same day I was given an offer.

Interview Questions

• Why did you become a nurse?   Answer Question
    • Why NYM?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle an angry patient or family member ?   Answer Question
    • What's the largest organ ?   1 Answer
    • What are your strengths and weaknesses ?   Answer Question
    • What if you had an order to do a Neuro assessment on your patient every 4 hours but when you go the patient wants nothing to do with getting assessed, he's depressed and wants to be alone but your doctor is pushing you to get that assessment done and he needs it now but your patient keeps refusing, what would you do next?   1 Answer
    • Describe how you'd start off a head to toe assessment?   1 Answer

Negotiation

For new grad nurses there's a set salary but as the years go by , for each year of experience your pay goes up. Great benefits and salary!

Research Clinician Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at New York Methodist Hospital (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got a phone call for an interview after 2 weeks. The interview was with 3 attending physicians, senior researcher and the research nurse practitioner. After the interview by one week I got a phone call from the HR with the offer. I accepted with salary adjustment and they agreed after 2 days. I went for physical and my first day of work end of july

Interview Questions

• What is my clinical research experience?
      What is my experience with patients?
      Where did I get my medical degree?   Answer Question