NewDay USA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NewDay USA (Columbia, MD) in April 2017.

Interview

You go in for your first interview which is the walk through and take the math test. If you pass then you interview with the President and find out within 2 weeks or so if you got the job.

Interview Questions

NewDay USA Response

Jul 18, 2017 – Senior Account Manager

Thank you for your review, and welcome to NewDay USA!

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Towson, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NewDay USA (Towson, MD) in June 2016.

Interview

I was contacted via linkedin, I went in for an interview in their MD office. Got a tour of the facility, sat in for a short one on one interview with a manager. He asked pretty personal questions, about how you were raised, what my parents and family do for a living, childhood. End goal is that they want to see you overcome a challenge in life and how you did it. They want to bring in candidates that weren't handed things to them and actually worked hard in life. Pretty easy interview, more behavioral than technical. At the end of the interview you take a math test, and the full interview lasted about 2 hours.

Interview Questions

• What challenge did you overcome and how did it make you better as a person?   1 Answer

Jul 18, 2017 – Senior Account Manager

Thank you for your feedback.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at NewDay USA in November 2017.

Interview

I walked in and was greeted by the desk assistant and then asked to wait for my interviewer to come get me. I was then taken on a tour though the building. We then sat down and she conducted a personality interview. I then was asked to take a simple math test. After that I shadowed a young executive for about 45 minutes. The entire interview took about 3 hours.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fulton, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at NewDay USA (Fulton, MD) in September 2016.

Interview

I went in for about two hours. I was greeted by my career recruiter and she took me around the building and showed me all the office spaces and kind of explained the flow of the business day-to-day flow. Following that, I had a 50 question,multiple choice, basic math exam without a calculator. I was then able to shadow an Account Executive for about a half hour and learn about their daily tasks. Finally, I meant with the Vice President for my interview. My career recruiter stayed with me the entire time, making me feel very safe and welcome in the community.

Interview Questions

• Q. Where did you get your work ethic from/ what are your strengths?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NewDay USA.

Interview

Really easy interviews. I had one on the phone, and then one in person. I had to take a basic algebra math test as well. Over all it was an easy process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fulton, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at NewDay USA (Fulton, MD) in March 2016.

Interview

Highly unprofessional, the interview kept getting pushed back. Finally when into an interview and thought I had done pretty well, and when I asked about the next steps they told me I was a good fit. I thought that meant I had gotten the position, and waited for a few weeks to get an offer. About a month and half after I interviewed, I got an email telling me that they actually weren't bringing interns on due to having to train many new hirees. Thought they could have been upfront with this in the beginning so that I wouldn't have limited myself and thought I got the position.

Interview Questions

• What did I want to do in Fiannce   1 Answer

Mar 31, 2017 – Senior Account Manager

NewDay USA’s commitment to training and career development is like no other company. Our paid Internship Program is in incredibly high demand by students at the University of Maryland, Penn State... More

Anonymous Employee in Fulton, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at NewDay USA (Fulton, MD) in January 2016.

Interview

Sit down conversation after giving a building tour. It was nothing super complicated and was just an easy way to experience the company through a less stressful approach. Additionally, the recruiter pairs candidates up with employees to shadow, giving a perspective on the day to day working activities.

Jul 19, 2016

We hope you enjoyed your interview experience!

IT Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at NewDay USA.

Interview

The interview length ≈ 3 hours. But it's ok, they keep you busy during those 3 hours to get to know you and also representing themselves in very precise way(just like college orientation, just with basic math exam):
    1. walking though office with recruiter(orientation 100%)
    2. In-person interview with recruiter(your resume orientation)
    3. Very basic math exam(No algorithms or anything higher than algebra, so don't be worry about it)
    4. They call in "Presentation"( In reality this is your 3rd exam after interview and math test, after presenting short slide-show, they asking you questions and what your thoughts on it).

P.S However,very nice and polite stuff, I enjoyed it.

Interview Questions

NewDay USA Response

Jul 28, 2016

Thank you for sharing information about your interview process! We're glad that it was a positive experience for you.

Mortgage Banker Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at NewDay USA.

Interview

You will interview with the management team, including the CEO of the company. He wants to know personally who will be taking of the veterans.

Interview Questions

• No real difficult questions, just where you obtained your work ethic from over the years.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NewDay USA.

Interview

Two Brief interviews. First is more of a test to see if you would fit with the culture, second is more competency. (math test, real world scenario management, general knowledge)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fulton, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NewDay USA (Fulton, MD) in January 2019.

Interview

Tedious and a lot of work to make someone do if there’s an unsure amount of interest. They pull your credit btw and will make you set up payment plans to even be considered. When all was said and done they told me they weren’t offering me the position and the recruiter said she didn’t know why..