Newegg Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 25, 2017

2.4

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of Industry, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Newegg (City of Industry, CA).

Interview

Phone pre-interview with a recruiter to go over my resumé...calls me in to interview with a panel of 3 people the following week. I get there and check in with the receptionist who tells me that one person from my interview (the most senior person) would not be able to make it. Okay fine. So one guy comes down to get me and takes me to their conference room where we are met with another guy. He tells me a little bit about the company and the brand history...a bit about the scope of the position and what some of the responsibilities are...and then asks "Do you have any questions for us?"

Didn't ask me to talk about my previous work experiences, how or why I think I'd be a good fit, career goals, nothing. Just if I had any questions for them. So I asked some.

Q. "I noticed that you have quite a variety of products from computer cases to...rice cookers. Who is this brand's target market?"
    A. "Everyone."

Q. "What is a typical product's ideal life cycle from sourcing to discontinuing? Where are your benchmarks for how much should be sold after the first quarter? When is this evaluated?"
    A. "It's case by case."

Q. "What are your current marketing objectives and how would I be able to help in this position?"
    A. "Make more sales."

The questions I asked were pretty specific and the responses I got were just general and dismissive. I was getting annoyed. Either they don't know how to conduct an interview or they didn't like me. Regardless, the whole thing was done after 20 minutes.

The recruiter (in-house) followed up with me that same day asking me about it and told me he'd follow up with the hiring manager, who sounded surprised when I told him that she was the one who didn't make it to the interview. He left me a message to call him back, so I called him and left a message and haven't heard from him since.

TL;DR
    Recruitment team - pretty good.
    Other dudes - get it together.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any questions for us?   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of Industry, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Newegg (City of Industry, CA).

Interview

Given an IQ Test/personality test. Interviewer did not ask much questions. Described the company culture, work environment, and expectations. Personalities and Management seems great.
    Employees were rigid. Recruites were awesome. I'm sure it's a great company to work with. Does not negotitate salary whatsoever. No maternity benefits. Need to use PTO.
    Was told they do not have high turnover. NOT so sure.

Category Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Industry, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Newegg (Industry, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

HR touches base to prequalify you, then schedules an actual interview. It took 2 months for HR to reach out after submitting my application. First part of interview was with Director and 2 Category Managers, then VP came in for second part ( I dont think they usually do this) . Declined offer because they lowballed with lower title & less pay.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of Industry, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Newegg (City of Industry, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

One of my worst interview experience. No follow up at all! I had to call several times to get interview details (No emails everything was only via phone calls). The marketing director which I had the interview with was late and unmotivated. Also this company is very racist!!

Fraud Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of Industry, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Newegg (City of Industry, CA).

Interview

simple questions, mixed with a few about the job. google how the job works and top ten interview questions. i had 2 interviews one after the other. Whole process was about an hour long.

Purchasing Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in City of Industry, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Newegg (City of Industry, CA).

Interview

Went through 4 interviews in one day from 10 am to 3 pm. After 3 interviews, they forgot I was there, went to lunch. 2 hours passed before they realized I was still there. Last interview went by quickly because they felt bad and they wanted to get me out as soon as possible.

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in City of Industry, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Newegg (City of Industry, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Very accessible and flexible with my schedule. HR rep was great to work with. Throughout the entire process they were more collaborative and did not try to negotiate salary down.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of Industry, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Newegg (City of Industry, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Easy and straight forward. Took about 15 minutes, received an offer, and they stopped replying to me after the offer. I sent multiple emails and they finally replied with we are currently reviewing our candidates we will get back to you. Been over 2 weeks since then.

Basically the gave me an offer and decided to rescind it, instead of just telling me I didn't get the job or they made a mistake, they kept my hopes up. After this experience I have a bad perception of the company.

Receiving Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Newegg (Memphis, TN) in May 2016.

Interview

It was pleasant and straight to the point. You have to describe yourself ; tell them your goals in life and why do you want to work for them. What are your expectation of the company and what do you bring to the table.

Customer Service Representative, Purchasing, SAP Interview

Anonymous Employee in City of Industry, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Newegg (City of Industry, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Working for Newegg helped me alot in my interview process. Was brief and straight to the point. Character with the hiring manager is highly recommended you'll get to know the person more that way instead of being soooooo serious which is not bad either just you get to know more of the person if you interview with character and not all business seriosu dead type.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your training process from Newegg. (Since I told them about the special training i got there)   1 Answer