Newgen Software Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Newgen Software Interview Questions

Updated Sep 10, 2017

2.9

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Newgen Software.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter. Many phone conversations. Two face to face meetings. More phone conversations with senior management. Had to fill out a long profile form answering same questions with information from resume. Took forever for them to check my references.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Newgen Software.

Interview

Was a rigorous interview consisting of 3-4 rounds

Interview Questions

• My weak area was Databases and questions pertaining to this topic   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't any negotiation

Software Developer (Java) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Newgen Software (Noida (India)) in September 2017.

Interview

It was a informative session for me. Interviewers are cooperative and nice. First round was a written round. They provided a test paper consists 50 questions out of which 25 are from verbal(Synonyms, passage, paragraph arrangement, one word substitution, sentence rearrangement) and 25 are from technical (Java-exception handling, find output, collection, array, jdbc, etc & MySql queries). It was an easy round. If u can score more than 50% they will call you for next round. Second Round was a technical face-to-face round with a project lead, it was about 25 minutes. He asked 90% questions from Java coding and MySql queries. And a helpful guy. But he feedback me by "We want one year experience in java, your previous profile is not match with our specifition"

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Newgen Software (Noida (India)).

Interview

The interview took 1 day. 3 rounds of interview :
    1st Written MCQ - Consisted of 25 English Questions, 25 Java + SQL questions (Total time : 1 hour)
    2nd Technical Discussion - Face to Face. Easy questions related to your skill sets. I applied for frontend position so I was asked questions on Javascript , HTML, CSS, AngularJS.
    3rd Written again - MCQ test - very very easy one - to test your personality (like "Select 5 qualities you have from the below list") . Plus, there is an email writing also to test your writing skills.

Interview Questions

• Easy questions on Javascript, directives in AngularJS, MVC, Services and Factory difference.   Answer Question

Node Js Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Newgen Software in August 2017.

Interview

The interviewer was not at all knowledgeable and filled with ego. He was not ready to accept the right answers. He just kept on arguing about senseless and illogical questions. He said that he has 5 years of experience so he knows everything. He doesn't even knew about q library functions and according to him .toString() method doesn't exist in JavaScript. His concept of two way binding in AngularJS was completely different and illogical. At the end of the interview he directly said to me that I am not selecting you because I didn't agree to his points and kept on giving the answers which were right but not as per his knowledge. I immediately walked out from newgen office. Very negative experience beacuse of a fool and dumb interviewer.

Interview Questions

• AngularJS
      service vs controller vs directive
      multiple ng-app modules in a single application
      promises vs callbacks. why do we use promise and callbacks? and according to him there is no need to use promises and callbacks

and just going around these questions with his irrelevant theories   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Newgen Software in July 2017.

Interview

I applied through naukari and got the mail to come for interview the very next day. Reached their office which is located in some jungle in the greater noida highway. There was a written test in the first round after which they had 2 technical rounds and an essay writing and personality test. Then there is the hR round. The interviews were not that tough, has some easy questions from multithreading collections and core java. Some questions on singleton pattern. They dont give u good hike. Gave only 20% hike. Also the HR are useless over there. They will not reply to your mails. Till date i have not received any replies from the HR of that company. They try to negotiate on every term saying that this is the best they can offer.

Software Engineer Java Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Newgen Software (Pune (India)) in July 2017.

Interview

I interviewed for Newgen on july 15th. It took around 6-7 hrs of interview process. The interview consists of total 7 rounds
    1. Written English(25) and Java & SQL(25)
    2. Physchometric test
    3. Email writing
    4. 3 technical rounds
    5. HR round

Waiting for HR round was so long. I got selected but still waiting for offer letter. No response from Newgen. I asked the consultancy member they said background checking is still processing. This is highly unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Java based (oops concepts and basic java) and SQL queries.
      project related questions   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Newgen Software (Noida (India)) in July 2017.

Interview

A Big recruitment scam going on at Newgen sector 144 Noida. They interview you -select you - and then do not offer you. Either they want to show their jungle office or want to keep HRs and employees busy.

The HRs and HR process at Newgen are the worst I have ever seen and irony is that they sell the world their HR BPM product. I interviewed for BA profile at Noida sector 144 location.

First round - After flowchart making, email writing I was called for first F2F interview. it went for 25 mins. Easy to moderate interview. After interview I was told that feedback is positive and was asked to give a psychometric test and was told that since the person who takes 2nd interview is not present, they will schedule it within this coming week and will inform about it tomorrow or day after. The HR team is so messed up and unorganized, it took them 2 weeks to schedule the second round of interview and they do not even have the professional decency to communicate this to candidate/consultancy until the last day. They never respond to mails, calls or even sms, let alone informing on their own.And this happened after every step. In total, I had 3 written rounds and 3 interviews , 2 were technical(2nd one was VP/Managerial) and one final HR discussion. After each round I was told that feedback is positive. Then they mailed the consultancy that I am selected and will receive a CTC breakdown from the company. Now after 10 days after making me wait for weeks, they tell the consultancy that company will not offer now because suddenly they now think that my starting months experience was not relevant.

The interviewers are so incompetent, amateur and unprofessional that they select people in interviews and give positive feedbacks and then wait till the end to refuse them the job later when whole process in completed by saying that the experience looks irrelevant. They don’t understand that even they themselves are employees and never hesitate to play with careers and emotions of candidates.

Well, when I looked up on internet on different platforms, found out this is not something new with Newgen this has become a pattern. Newgen Noida - sector 144 does this often. They are fooling people for long now.

Interview Questions

• Written : Flow-chart making, email writing, psychometric test
      Interview : 2 technical interviews(mostly about experience, Basic BA processes)   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Newgen Software (New Delhi (India)) in July 2017.

Interview

My interview was in july 2017. It took more than 8 hrs. I cleared all the round writtn 2 technical email writting managerial but till now no response from the company. It is conducting a fake recriutement process. Every week it is conducting a drive but not giving offer to any candidate

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Newgen Software in June 2017.

Interview

1 round - Technical Aptitude and English. Technical questions consist of questions from Core Java, Multi threading, Exception Hamdling etc
    2nd round - Technical round
    3rd round - managerial round
    4th round - HR round
    Got an offer next day :-)
     Nice product based company in noida