Nexsan Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nexsan Technologies Interview Questions

2.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at Nexsan Technologies

Software Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nexsan Technologies (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in December 2015.

Interview

A quick phone interview with the recruiter. We went over some of my technicial experiences on my resume. This was followed by an in person interview for the technical stuff the next day. If there is time they follow up with a simple linux skill test on a VM. You will be asked to do some basic stuff like why certain things aren't working. I didn't have time so I just wrote on the paper on what I would have done. Nice and friendly bunch of guys. Another in person interview with their director 2 days later and that's it. The interview with director was only 30 minutes but he was nice and very engaging.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Nexsan Technologies (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

Got contacted after meeting with a rep at a career fair. First wrote a software test which remains the same as described by the the other reviewers. Then, got called into an ~2hr interview where I met with HR, R&D director, and group leader in sequence (1-on-1).

Interview Questions

• Questions were related to software topics, career objectives, past experience, and behavioural questions.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dorval, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nexsan Technologies (Dorval, QC (Canada)) in November 2012.

Interview

Most of the interview process took place at their office where I did a 3 hour test and then (after that was deemed acceptable) a one on one interview with the person I would be working with, which lasted about an hour. Then I met with the product manager and saw the server room--which was pretty neat. Then within a couple days I recieved a phone call from the hiring manager who talked to me about my expectations and other offers, then they made me an offer. Since the offer was made I was taken out to the office again to meet some people who had come to the company more recently. Those talks were very helpful--push for that if you have the chance.

Interview Questions

• Why is a man hole cover round?   1 Answer

Other offers were better

Software Developer Interview

Interview

Got called to the office to do a software test for 3 hours. The test is to ask you write a small program which can read a binary file and find the strings that match "nexsan" and "nexsan technology". It said that the file is really large so that the program shouldnt read it twice. And there are other details but I dont remember

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nexsan Technologies (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in February 2012.

Interview

Met a Nexsan HR at Career Fair and applied.
    Two weeks and I got a programming test call in the Montreal Office. After clearing the test, they scheduled an Interview which was mostly based on the content of my resume. Some questions about my projects i listed and some java questions.
    It was all good.
    But after few weeks, they asked me to meet another team lead for an interview, who also checked my familiarity with java. Then a final interview with VP who asked me about my projects and asked to explain my role in the project and issues i countered in the project.
    Then an offer was made.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult. Just make sure you know your resume well.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Newly graduate student - no negotiation.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nexsan Technologies (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in February 2012.

Interview

Went to the company for a programming test. test was fairly simple and time allotted to do it is enough. It is about matching strings from a binary file but without using regex. Also, there are other conditions such as matching case sensitive as well as case insensitive strings.

Time given is 3 hrs and it will be a pice of cake if you know C# because sample code is given in C#. But the test can be done in any language of your choice ragardless.