Next Jump Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 27, 2017

2.9

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Next Jump (Boston, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

1. On-campus interview, 30 mins technical interview, 30 mins behavior interview
    2. Super Saturday
        1st round technical interview - 45 mins about 40 choices questions
        2nd round technical interview - 12 coding questions (HTML, CSS, JS, PHP, SQL)
        3 rounds behavior interviews - talk to Next Jumpers
        Team Challenge - form a team to solve a problem, mine was a business case study.
    3. follow up interview

Interview Questions

• Design database, Design patterns, SQL, PHP, HTML, CSS, JS   Answer Question

Front-End Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Next Jump in March 2017.

Interview

Applied through university career fair.
    Next day on campus interview. Then called for super Saturday event. The event was quite well organized. However it's too long like from morning till late evening. The technical questions are simple, the cultural interview is some what puzzling cause you never get proper feedback of it.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Next Jump (Boston, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

1st Round: Campus interview (Basic PHP, JavaScript, Web-Site Architecture, SQL and behavioural).
    2nd Round (Super Saturday): an On-site interview that goes on an entire day. 2 Rounds of technical interview and 3 rounds of behavioural interviews followed up with a team challenge. Meals are provided on the day of the interview. Overall day is quite hectic.

Interview Questions

• Technical:
      Close Book:
      1.) Basic CSS Questions: properties of elements.
      2.) JavaScript: If it's loosely typed? Basic questions of code snippet if they will work.
      3.) PHP: Code Snippets like associative arrays, loops, increment and decrement operations, Regular expressions etc.
      4.) SQL: Basic SQL queries with joins, ORDER BY, ASC and DESC etc

Open Book challenges: debug code for given outputs. CSS: position, overflow of divs, JavaScript: onclick CSS change challenges, PHP: indexed to associative arrays, SQL: SQL queries with JOINS and ORDER BY using alias etc.

Remember the first round you may lose some time as the computer does not boot quickly. They won't provide extra time due to this and you will end up not completing the entire round.

Behavioural: the Greatest success of your life, Greatest regret of your life, have you put your success over others, why are you a good fit for this company, what do you like about this company, what are your hobbies, How do you come over failures, about yourself (not professional intro but rather personal introduction)

Team Challange: Different for everyone.
      Answer Question

Business Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ithaca, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Next Jump (Ithaca, NY).

Interview

First Interview is a behavioral interview: Basically there was a person in front of me asking me questions about how I would react. However, the only issue was the interviewer was an Engineer not a Business personal so the best part of the interview was when I asked him questions.

N/A Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Next Jump in February 2017.

Interview

The interview was broken into two parts; I had one interview with a next jump associate, this interview consisted of mainly behaviors questions, in addition, discussing the next jump company culture. The second interview was with an individual from the technical team and evaluated my ability to answer technical questions and scenarios

Interview Questions

• Suppose we have 3 competing recommendation systems. How would you evaluate their performance?   Answer Question

Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Next Jump (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Resume screen, Onsite interview with general discussion about projects and technologies I have worked on, Super Saturday with a coding test and several behavioral questions and a team challenge in the end

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Next Jump (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Submitted application through on campus recruiting. After two weeks got notified for one round onsite 1h tech and behavior screening. Last round during Next Jump's super Saturday. 2 hour technical (including coding) in the morning and 2 hour cultural interview in the afternoon followed by a team challenge. Lots of good food during the day.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Next Jump (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Got a call through the campus career fair. One screening interview on site which spoke about previous projects and some basic coding and algorithmic questions. This was followed by a call to super Saturday.
    Super Saturday involved a coding test followed by 3 culture interviews and a team building activity.
    The Coding test involved question on web technologies and databases. MCQs as well as coding snippets.

Interview Questions

• Sorting of Strings of different lengths
      Swapping two numbers in place
      SQL Queries
      Answer Question

Business Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Next Jump (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I had a 30 minute phone interview followed by "Super Saturday" which is an all day interview from 9am-7pm in their headquarters. The 30 minute interview was really pleasant. My interviewer just asked behavioral questions and about my resume. There were 1 or 2 case questions, but those were really simple. Super Saturday could be made a lot shorter in order to become more efficient. Many of their activities were fluffy and do not measure a person's actual competency to do the job. I came out feeling that Next Jump was a little too focused on its culture rather than its actual work. Everyone was nice throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• Describe how your life experiences have shaped your view on leadership?   Answer Question

NOC/DevOps Engineer Entry Level -Boston Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Next Jump (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

1. telephonic interview - 30 min Technical about the L2-L5 networking basics
    2. Onsite Interview- 45 min technical (Networking + Python programming) followed bt 30 min behavioral
    3. Onsite Interview-New York- 3 hours of Technical rounds (HTML, Python and CSS) and 30 behavioral questions

Interview Questions

• Q. What was the most difficult time you been through ? and what did you learn from that ?   Answer Question