Next Jump Web Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 11, 2017

2.8

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Next Jump (Boston, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

1. On-campus interview, 30 mins technical interview, 30 mins behavior interview
2. Super Saturday
    1st round technical interview - 45 mins about 40 choices questions
    2nd round technical interview - 12 coding questions (HTML, CSS, JS, PHP, SQL)
    3 rounds behavior interviews - talk to Next Jumpers
    Team Challenge - form a team to solve a problem, mine was a business case study.
3. follow up interview

Interview Questions

• Design database, Design patterns, SQL, PHP, HTML, CSS, JS   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Next Jump

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Next Jump (Boston, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

1st Round: Campus interview (Basic PHP, JavaScript, Web-Site Architecture, SQL and behavioural).
    2nd Round (Super Saturday): an On-site interview that goes on an entire day. 2 Rounds of technical interview and 3 rounds of behavioural interviews followed up with a team challenge. Meals are provided on the day of the interview. Overall day is quite hectic.

Interview Questions

• Technical:
      Close Book:
      1.) Basic CSS Questions: properties of elements.
      2.) JavaScript: If it's loosely typed? Basic questions of code snippet if they will work.
      3.) PHP: Code Snippets like associative arrays, loops, increment and decrement operations, Regular expressions etc.
      4.) SQL: Basic SQL queries with joins, ORDER BY, ASC and DESC etc

Open Book challenges: debug code for given outputs. CSS: position, overflow of divs, JavaScript: onclick CSS change challenges, PHP: indexed to associative arrays, SQL: SQL queries with JOINS and ORDER BY using alias etc.

Remember the first round you may lose some time as the computer does not boot quickly. They won't provide extra time due to this and you will end up not completing the entire round.

Behavioural: the Greatest success of your life, Greatest regret of your life, have you put your success over others, why are you a good fit for this company, what do you like about this company, what are your hobbies, How do you come over failures, about yourself (not professional intro but rather personal introduction)

Team Challange: Different for everyone.   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Next Jump in March 2017.

Interview

I meet them in school career fair. After resume process, I was asked for a phone interview. The next process after the phone interview was tiring. I had to email them and follow up with them twice because they were slow on email replies or giving answers.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about big-O questions and also a coding knowledge about Stacks and Queues.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Next Jump (Rochester, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

There was a 30 minute technical and 30 minute HR. Those guys are very kind and polite.
    But I really don't know what they are looking for. I got this interview from on campus recruiting. They sent me a mail regarding this. After the interview process, The next day itself they sent an email about rejection.

Interview Questions

• Technical: Database design of a flowers place. Few CSS based questions. The HR round had more questions. They are really friendly.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Next Jump (Boston, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

On-campus technical interview and HR interview
    Followed by on-site interview with 2 technical rounds and 3 HR rounds
    Questions based on PHP, HTML, CSS, SQL and HR questions like biggest regret, how do you work under stress etc., if you decide to leave next jump in future what can be the reason, when did you take your decisions and not followed others, what keeps you motivated etc. ?

Interview Questions

• Technical - simple SQL queries for Instagram like system, design login page using HTML and CSS   1 Answer

Web Development Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Next Jump.

Interview

I applied through career fair at my university. Got an email for interviews, both cultural and technical the next day and got an invitation to the super day in about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Different data structures in object oriented programming   Answer Question
    • Explain what inheritance is   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you disappointed yourself or other people and what you learned from the experience   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you helped other people   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Next Jump (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied from University Career Fair. First phone interview was all about behavior questions like tell your grow-up experience and describe one of your difficult situations. After a week, I got a second interview about technical questions, including data structure, database, front-end skills (HTML, CSS, javascripts). Then, I got an email for next round onsite interview in one or two weeks.

Interview Questions

• Your grow-up experience;
      Describe the difficulty that you meet and how did you overcome it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Next Jump (Boston, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

They asked behavioral questions first because they value culture over skill. Then if they feel that you're a good fit behaviorally, they move on to technical questions set up over the phone. The final round is a visit to their office, either Boston or NYC, on a day called Super Saturday where they interview you and introduce you to the company the entire day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Next Jump (New York, NY) in March 2011.

Interview

I got the interview form campus event, just a normal 1:1 interview, and the HR ask you some behavior questions such as Why us? Talking about your projects on your resume.

Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Next Jump.

Interview

30 minutes talk, it was quite pleasant. Asked for a brief summary of the cv, for undergraduate studies and other types of studies. General/ First stage of interviews. Good manners, answered all my questions about the company, overall good experience.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult thing that you managed to handle and how did you do that?   Answer Question