Nexus IS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nexus IS Interview Questions

2.5

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nexus IS (Santa Rosa, CA).

Interview

I liked the way the interveiw went back in 04-2010, I was hirred and started work on the 05-01-2010 and was layed off in 03-28-14.I was layed off due to the customer wanted to have less techs on sight of the County of Sonoma they were in the process of going Cisco VOP Phone system, and wanted there own staff personal to take over, so Nexus Is had to lay me off along with 1 other tech.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nexus IS (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

First call was from HR who set me up with two lunch meetings with the hiring manager. Then separate telepresence meetings with regional sales director and VP of Sales.

Interview Questions

• I came with a referral and industry knowledge so questions were very generic. Can't offer much here.   Answer Question

NOC Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valencia, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nexus IS (Valencia, CA).

Interview

Hiring Manager is very comfortable to talk with. Discussed about the process of their team and how they function. Gave a quick tour in their office in Valencia. The interview lasted for 1.5 hrs, with the manager almost doing all the talking. Overall experience was fun, learned a lot from him. Said I should be doing the second round of interview but got an email the next few days saying that I'm already not being considered for the position.

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nexus IS.

Interview

Easy, they seemed desperate to hire anyone just to fill a seat.

Interview Questions

• None, all pretty basic stuff. It was more of them telling you how great they are.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They try to get you as cheaply as possible.

Senior Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nexus IS (San Francisco, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

Peer interviews and interviews with different levels of management. Feels like you are being sold on the job. Generally don't value education and place emphasis in past success and relationships.

Inside Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nexus IS (Irvine, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

Draining... interviewing with this company for about 5 months. Started off by being contacted by an HR Recruiter. We scheduled a phone interview for a week later. When that came up the interview went great. He advised that he will be speaking with the Sales Director and present my resume, etc. Never heard from the Director of Sales, however, the recruiter did keep in contact with me and followed up. He advised the position had been filled and he was not informed till recently. Then he went on to say that the Sales Manager that just came on board would be interviewing. I waited again for weeks. Finally the recruiter advised that I had a phone interview with the Sales Manager in a few weeks. Again, weeks went by and finally the day came. Since he was new, I felt like he really needed to find the absolute perfect person in order to make him "look good" and it seemed like this person was terrified to screw up and needed to ensure he definitely hired on the right person. He said he would be in contact with me.. heard nothing from him. I kept following up with the Sales Manager, no response from him. Tired following up with the recruiter.. he no longer works there. I can see why, this place seems like a mess.

Interview Questions

• HR Recruiter was wonderful and sold me on Nexus IS. The Sales Manager on the other hand made me think twice...   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Nexus IS in September 2012.

Interview

Initial contact by head-hunter followed by three person hiring panel. Quick decision on job offer.

Interview Questions

• When I became a free agent from my contracting company, I asked by direct manager about contract to hire options. My manager said there were no openings. Same day I found three Senior Project Manager openings on the employer's website in the home office where I started my contracting job.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Nexus IS in February 2011.

Interview

It took two weeks to get a call back but the hiring manager was traveling that entire time. One phone interview followed by one in person interview. Hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work out of the Pleasanton Office?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They gave me what I was asking for.

Senior Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Nexus IS (Pleasanton, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

Met with (interviewed) 10 people including hiring manager, colleagues, engineering, project management, VP sales and CEO. Needed to drive 5 hours to interview location and home. Facilities were professional but unimpressive. Not a sweat shop, but stressful environment for the people there.

Interview Questions

• Wanted me to work in their office, not virtual office.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They defined their budget for the position. I accepted as salary and assumed other costs were in addition to salary. Their budget did not included expenses for marketing support and travel to customer locations.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Nexus IS in December 2008.

Interview

I had 3 one on one face to face interviews. One with my potential manager, director of engineering and lastly a discussion with one of my potential peer Account Managers. I didn't have any experience in IT. Typically, the company only hires seasoned IT sales professionals with at least 2-3 years experience. My desire to accel in my career, eagerness to learn and having a personality that closely fit into their culture got me the job. Culture is family oriented but work hard, play hard is the best description.

Interview Questions

• If I'd feel comfortable with a 100k sale - didn't know how to respond because it seemed like a lot of money at the time.   Answer Question
    • What is your background in IT? IT knowledge at this point?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes, you can negotiate but try and say within 5-10k and have valid reasons why you think you deserve more salary.