Nordeus Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nordeus Interview Questions

Interviews at Nordeus

Sort:

Interview

I am in the USA and was applying for a position in Belgrade so the process was quite comprehensive, which I really appreciated. I had a number of video calls with HR leaders as well as a case study prior to being invited to Belgrade for an all-day interview with HR and business leaders.

I was incredibly impressed by the entire process, especially how prepared all of the interviewers were. Not only did they ask great, thoughtful questions, they also answered a number of questions from me. It also helps that everyone was so friendly and easy to speak with.

Nordeus also did an outstanding job organizing my husband and I's travel to Belgrade and did a fantastic job planning tours for us to get to know the city and neighborhoods. All of which were critical components of the interview process for us because this was a big move for us.

By the end of the video interviews, in person interviews and the entire process, I truly felt I had a good sense of the job, the company and the people I'd be working with. It made me even more excited about the position and made my decision to accept the offer that much easier.

All around outstanding experience.

Interview Questions

• I didn't find any question to be unexpected or difficult/tricky. I found the questions to all be very reasonable.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Nordeus.

Interview

My interview process with Nordeus was incredibly positive overall. My first step was a phone call with the Chief People Officer who told me all about her journey joining Nordeus and described the details of the position.

I had a series of phone/video interviews which included completing a project and then I was invited to visit Serbia (from the US) to interview in person with business leaders and HR. Everyone was so kind and their enthusiasm for working at Nordeus was contagious. Most of the questions the interviewers asked were situational and some were based on real situations. It gave me a really good sense of the type of work I'd be doing, as well as who I would be working with.

My boyfriend was invited to come with me for the weekend so we could both experience Serbia. The entire process was seamless and the team truly thought of every detail in their planning to make sure we got to experience as much as possible. They anticipated many of our questions in advance and were always happy to patiently answer any additional questions we had.

This was easily the most thoughtful interview experience I've ever participated in.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were about how I would handle different situations.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordeus in March 2013.

Interview

Great experience. Very good interview. They give you tasks to taste the way you think and how much knowledge you have. They try to filter the most talented people and that is a big plus form me.

Interview Questions

• There were some logic questions, and the idea was to explain your thinking process.   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Nordeus.

Interview

The interview process consisted of 3 stages, interview with HR, interview with Business development lead and CEO of the company.
    The interviewers were very thorough.
    HR is sometimes slow to provide feedback from the interviews. Sometimes they forget to provide feedback.

Interview Questions

Nordeus Response

Mar 31, 2017 – Community Manager

Thanks for taking the time to share your review. We will use your feedback to further improve our interview process. We wish you the best of luck in your future career.

Business Development Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nordeus.

Interview

Very thorough interview process.
    HR sometimes very slow to respond with feedback.
    The interview includes 3 stages, with HR, with business development lead and with CEO. They asked me about past experiences, career goals and aspirations, why I wanted to work for them and they tried to assess how would I handle different situations.

Interview Questions

• They wanted me to see how I handled situation in negotiations.   Answer Question

Nordeus Response

Mar 31, 2017 – Community Manager

Thanks for the feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

Localization Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordeus (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process was in 4 stages with various people within Nordeus. I was rather nervous (as most people are before an interview) but I should not have feared, all the people I had an interview with were highly polite and very friendly and I felt comfortable with each one allowing me to be myself and show my true colours and skills. You could tell the how they evaluate personal skills and how well you, as a person, would fit into the team combined with your professional skills. I was overall more than satisfied with my experience, friendly people with quick replies and feedback.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like for Nordeus?   1 Answer

Localization Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordeus in April 2016.

Interview

There were supposed to be 3 interviews altogether.
    I got contacted by the recruiter promptly, just in a few days after applying. Short email with a screening interview invitation followed. When I called into a video meeting I learned that the person who was interviewing me was just substituting the recruiter who could not make to the meeting. The interview was not useful at all. I was given brief info about the company (that one can read on their website), she mentioned few times 'amazing perks' and could not answer any questions about the job that I was applying for or the team in question.
    Next interview was with my potential team mate. That interview was OK. The person definitely knew what they were talking about, but based on our conversation I realized that I might not agree with some processes that they were following. Or maybe that was just my impression, because the person did not tell many precise details about the work process. At the end of interview I was quite sure that me and the position would not click together.And as it felt that way that was quite natural that they did not get me to interview number 3. However the recruiter wrote a nice follow-up email.

Interview Questions

• How do you estimate localization KPI? How do you calculation translation ROI?   Answer Question

Senior Game Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belgrade (Serbia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordeus (Belgrade (Serbia)) in March 2017.

Interview

My former colleague now working with Nordeus referred me. After 2 introductory Skype interviews (1 with Milica (HR), 1 with Milan (Chief of Creatvie Offices) and Evan (GD consultant)), I was invited for the round of onsite interviews including presentation part, problem solving interview, leadership skills interview etc. (all during 1 day on site, all with different people). The best part of all this is that people who I met with really cared: they did not just do the routine rounds, but it was visible from their attitude and their questions that they were truly interested in what I am and what I can do. Despite interviews being tough, got attached to the team even in the process of those interviews. The office is cool, and the team and the company as a whole know what they are up to.

Interview Questions

• What drives you as a person, outside of game development environment? (this was hard :)   Answer Question
    • Choose one of the recently released successful f2p mobile games and thoroughly analyze where it has flaws.   Answer Question

Game Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Nordeus.

Interview

Applied online through their website including CV, cover and sample of work. Didn't hear anything for more than a month then got an email from a Recruiter asking if I was still interested then setting up a skype interview with another recruiter. During the skype call there seemed to be some kind of mix up since they asked me about a different position than the one I applied for. The interview lasted for about 45 minutes with the first 30 the recruiter asking me typical questions and then letting me ask questions about the company or the job. The exchange was relaxed and the recruiter was friendly during the process. Finally came back to me a few days later telling me that I was unsuccessful for the position I was applying for but offering me the other position they got mixed up during the interview, which wasn't convenient for me so I declined.

Game Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belgrade (Serbia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nordeus (Belgrade (Serbia)) in November 2017.

Interview

It was an about one month long process; they definitely adjusted to my needs and pacing. Until the last on-site interview, it consisted of friendly video conferences that helped me get to know some of the people I would work with. They were always attentive and made my trip to Belgrade really nice and easy. The on-site round of interviews included a presentation and was a bit more demanding, although very casual and laid-back. For me it was very important since I was able to show my skills in person and get to know the office (as well as the city) by myself.

Interview Questions

• What tools do you usually use to get your team introduced to a new idea you are working on?   Answer Question
    • What was the most difficult / uncomfortable situation you had to deal with as a Game Designer? How did you do it?   Answer Question