Nordeus Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nordeus Interview Questions

Interviews at Nordeus

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Nordeus.

Interview

My interview process with Nordeus was incredibly positive overall. My first step was a phone call with the Chief People Officer who told me all about her journey joining Nordeus and described the details of the position.

I had a series of phone/video interviews which included completing a project and then I was invited to visit Serbia (from the US) to interview in person with business leaders and HR. Everyone was so kind and their enthusiasm for working at Nordeus was contagious. Most of the questions the interviewers asked were situational and some were based on real situations. It gave me a really good sense of the type of work I'd be doing, as well as who I would be working with.

My boyfriend was invited to come with me for the weekend so we could both experience Serbia. The entire process was seamless and the team truly thought of every detail in their planning to make sure we got to experience as much as possible. They anticipated many of our questions in advance and were always happy to patiently answer any additional questions we had.

This was easily the most thoughtful interview experience I've ever participated in.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were about how I would handle different situations.   Answer Question

Interview

I am in the USA and was applying for a position in Belgrade so the process was quite comprehensive, which I really appreciated. I had a number of video calls with HR leaders as well as a case study prior to being invited to Belgrade for an all-day interview with HR and business leaders.

I was incredibly impressed by the entire process, especially how prepared all of the interviewers were. Not only did they ask great, thoughtful questions, they also answered a number of questions from me. It also helps that everyone was so friendly and easy to speak with.

Nordeus also did an outstanding job organizing my husband and I's travel to Belgrade and did a fantastic job planning tours for us to get to know the city and neighborhoods. All of which were critical components of the interview process for us because this was a big move for us.

By the end of the video interviews, in person interviews and the entire process, I truly felt I had a good sense of the job, the company and the people I'd be working with. It made me even more excited about the position and made my decision to accept the offer that much easier.

All around outstanding experience.

Interview Questions

• I didn't find any question to be unexpected or difficult/tricky. I found the questions to all be very reasonable.   1 Answer

Event Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nordeus in September 2018.

Interview

It was a bit long and tedious. It took quite a while. It wasn't completely clear for all the people what they were doing there. But they were all nice.

Art Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nordeus (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in May 2018.

Interview

1) Talked with Recruiter.
    2) Video interviewed.
    3) 1.5 months no feedback. The recruiter who contacted me had finished the contrat with them. I emailed few times, every time said they will contact me coming weeks.
     After each week no email no reply nothing. I knew that he had a vacation but nobody follow up with me.

Interview Questions

Nordeus Response

Jul 13, 2018 – Nordeus

Hi. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We’re constantly striving to improve our processes and will take what you have said into consideration. Best of luck! - Jaymes, Head of Talent Acquisition

Game Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belgrade (Serbia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nordeus (Belgrade (Serbia)) in November 2017.

Interview

It was an about one month long process; they definitely adjusted to my needs and pacing. Until the last on-site interview, it consisted of friendly video conferences that helped me get to know some of the people I would work with. They were always attentive and made my trip to Belgrade really nice and easy. The on-site round of interviews included a presentation and was a bit more demanding, although very casual and laid-back. For me it was very important since I was able to show my skills in person and get to know the office (as well as the city) by myself.

Interview Questions

• What tools do you usually use to get your team introduced to a new idea you are working on?   Answer Question
    • What was the most difficult / uncomfortable situation you had to deal with as a Game Designer? How did you do it?   Answer Question

Talent Acquisition Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belgrade (Serbia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nordeus (Belgrade (Serbia)) in April 2017.

Interview

The process was superb, I have to say. The response time was quick - around 24h after I submitted my application, a recruiter reached out and scheduled my first interview. The interview itself was great, I felt I got to learn as much about the company as they did about me. The second interview followed, with a potential future coworker; in this stage, the interview also included a quick role-play of the actual work I would be doing. After that, the third interview was whit one of the senior people in HR; that one too was great. Finally, an offer followed. Unfortunately, I rejected the offer due to one I thought was better at the time. It was back in 2017 and things in my life were a bit of a mess then, but not a day goes by that I don't go back to that time and think how things would have been different and would they been better had I decided to go with Nordeus, probably the most amazing company to ever come out of Serbia.

Interview Questions

• How do you see your career evolving in the future and how could Nordeus help you in this?   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Nordeus.

Interview

The interview process consisted of 3 stages, interview with HR, interview with Business development lead and CEO of the company.
    The interviewers were very thorough.
    HR is sometimes slow to provide feedback from the interviews. Sometimes they forget to provide feedback.

Interview Questions

Nordeus Response

Mar 31, 2017 – Community Manager

Thanks for taking the time to share your review. We will use your feedback to further improve our interview process. We wish you the best of luck in your future career.

Business Development Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nordeus.

Interview

Very thorough interview process.
    HR sometimes very slow to respond with feedback.
    The interview includes 3 stages, with HR, with business development lead and with CEO. They asked me about past experiences, career goals and aspirations, why I wanted to work for them and they tried to assess how would I handle different situations.

Interview Questions

• They wanted me to see how I handled situation in negotiations.   Answer Question

Mar 31, 2017 – Community Manager

Thanks for the feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

Senior Game Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belgrade (Serbia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordeus (Belgrade (Serbia)) in March 2017.

Interview

My former colleague now working with Nordeus referred me. After 2 introductory Skype interviews (1 with Milica (HR), 1 with Milan (Chief of Creatvie Offices) and Evan (GD consultant)), I was invited for the round of onsite interviews including presentation part, problem solving interview, leadership skills interview etc. (all during 1 day on site, all with different people). The best part of all this is that people who I met with really cared: they did not just do the routine rounds, but it was visible from their attitude and their questions that they were truly interested in what I am and what I can do. Despite interviews being tough, got attached to the team even in the process of those interviews. The office is cool, and the team and the company as a whole know what they are up to.

Interview Questions

• What drives you as a person, outside of game development environment? (this was hard :)   Answer Question
    • Choose one of the recently released successful f2p mobile games and thoroughly analyze where it has flaws.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belgrade (Serbia)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Nordeus (Belgrade (Serbia)) in February 2017.

Interview

I had a few calls and skype discussions and then flew to Belgrade for 2 days onsite.

For sure the best part of the process was coming to visit HQ in Belgrade. The experience was by far the best I've ever seen. Every detail was thought of and customized.

I spent time interviewing and meeting the team, but they also arranged for me to tour the area, visit schools and even do some sight seeing with a few people from the team. We went out for a team dinner while I was there and not only got to eat amazing food, but really enjoyed getting to know people outside of the office too.

Really, it was a premium experience all around and I appreciate all the care that went into hiring me.

Interview Questions

• Mostly the questions were behavioral "tell me about a time when" types of questions.   Answer Question