NorthMarq Capital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at NorthMarq Capital

2.8

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NorthMarq Capital (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Phone screening first with some from HR in Minnesota then in person interview with 3 team members. No follow up or next steps. Followed up twice with no response. Reached back out to HR person. Found out they proceeded with another candidate. Asked for feedback, none offered.

Interview Questions

NorthMarq Capital Response

Jun 15, 2018 – Senior Recruiting Partner

Hello,
    Thank you for your review. We would like to thank you for your interest in applying with us, and seeking employment at NorthMarq Capital. All candidates not selected for a position are... More

Intern Interview

Interview

It was a very relaxed interview process, had two interviews in the office covering my major and coursework I had completed to date. After about a week I was extended an offer and worked for the company for 5 months. It was overall a very efficient process.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NorthMarq Capital (San Diego, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Very easy interview, Just asked about my experience and what I wanted to do and gain from my internship. He told me about northmarq and made the interview more conversational. i would imagine full time interviews are a little more difficult.

Junior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NorthMarq Capital (Washington, DC) in June 2010.

Interview

Spoke on the phone with the company and was invited down for an interview. It was very informal and just consisted of the usual fit questions with three different members of the company. They placed me in a board room and each interviewed me 1 on 1. The final section was the most intense as the senior manager asked the more involved questions but it was still one of the more laid back interviews I've ever experienced

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NorthMarq Capital (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

Phone screen was one of the most imformative I have ever had. Very friendly, explained the business well and the position. HR is located in Minneapolis, and she sold the company and the postion well. After the call I did more research on the company, and found everything to be true.

Interview Questions

• Salary expectaions, a little uncomfortable to answer. But the recruiter did it in polite way, it was still awkward to be asked this early on.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, offer was very generous.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at NorthMarq Capital (Denver, CO) in January 2012.

Interview

Very laid back. The boss knows in a relatively short period whether or not he wants to hire you. He hires those he thinks are eager to learn and fit in well with the various personalities of the other producers.

Negotiation

Very straight forward with little room for negotiation. The offer was fair and the position is in demand.

Investment Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NorthMarq Capital.

Interview

Scheduled a first round phone interview which was very basic and went extremely well. Followed up multiple time with interviewer and never received a response until I emailed another person from HR saying they would get back to me when they spoke to hiring manager. Never heard a word from them after.

Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NorthMarq Capital (Newport Beach, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

Initial phone interview with HR office, then phone interview with regional managing director. They had me take a predictive personality exam online. Two rounds of in-person follow-up interviews - one with production team and one with analysts and support staff. They very much want it to be a mutual fit. One final in-person interview with managing director before the offer came.

Insurance Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NorthMarq Capital.

Interview

Straightforward questions. Multiple people interviewed me in person.Job expectations and what I was actually doing were very different. Seemed unorganized during the interview proccess. I waited a few weeks before hearing anything back.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I tried to negotiate but they were firm with the offer

Insurance Analyst Interview

Interview

It was a group style interview process. The interview went well. They asked good questions, some were more difficult. The managers were friendly and answered all questions.