Numeric Investors LLC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 19, 2017

3.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Numeric Investors LLC

PhD Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Numeric Investors LLC.

Interview

Interview at Allied Social Science Association Annual Meeting. My paper is more about theory; but they seem more interested in people who can do empirical research/data analysis on equity trading.

Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Numeric Investors LLC (Boston, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

Began with phone interviews with the team. Later was invited for an on-site interview that lasted a day with lots of people in the firm. Received offer within a week.

Interview Questions

• A lot of empirical research questions like the rest of the posts indicates. Detailed questions on everything you wrote on your resume. Basic quant interview and brainteaser questions. There is a programming test.   Answer Question

Quantitative Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Numeric Investors LLC (Boston, MA) in January 2012.

Interview

There is a lot of information about Numeric's business online. They do quantitative equity investing for institutional clients. Like many quant shops, they had a couple of tough years and they told me they are now cautiously expanding again. I found this position through a recruiter and I had two phone rounds followed by a day-long fly out to Boston. The interviews were standard quantitative finance interviews with standard quant questions. The interviewers were professional and smart but during the on-site, I got the impression that people were not having fun at work. Maybe I caught them on a bad day but everyone seemed stressed out and based on casual conversation, it appeared that the office might suffer from too much politics. But that tends to be the case when the business is stressed. Overall, they seemed qualified and they have a good reputation so it would not be a bad place to learn the business but the work-life balance might not be the best if that's important to you.

Interview Questions

• Suppose there is a series of 100 light bulbs labeled 1 through 100 that all start in the off position. Person 1 walks in the room and turns on every light bulb. Person 2 walks in the room and flips the switch on every 2nd light bulb (i.e. he turns off all even numbered light bulbs). Person 3 walks in the room and flips the switch on every 3rd light bulb (turning some on and some off). This process continues until person 100 goes through and flips the switch on the 100th light bulb. Which light bulbs will be lit up at the end?   1 Answer