O'Neil & Associates Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 10, 2017

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at O'Neil & Associates

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at O'Neil & Associates (Dayton, OH) in July 2015.

Interview

Application process took a couple weeks in clouding offer. Applied online and heard back from HR the same day. Was asked why I was leaving my other job, then set up a real interview. Walking in the door everyone was pleasant. Interview included HR for personality question, Technical staff and project managers in the room and phone call in from a client. All in all seven people were in the room.

HR asked many question regarding personality, about how I work with others and under stress. They emphasized a lot about the long hours. Technical staff grilled on ability to comprehend schematic diagrams. First made sure I wa comfortable on on system, told me I might not be with that system, once they got the ok that I was comfortable moving around, told me I could be on the same project for 20 years.

After the interview, I waited about a week to hear back. I got the offer, but they tried to low-ball me at $18/hr. I told them to try again. After a couple days they came back with $21. The job description said $50,000, so I turned them down.

Interview Questions

• If given a five page schematic diagram, could you identify a specific subsystem or component?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Miamisburg, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at O'Neil & Associates (Miamisburg, OH) in February 2015.

Interview

O'Neil & Associates pulled my resume from Monster.com and called me directly. The human resources person asked me a few initial qualifying questions and established rapport. She answered my questions accurately and invited me to ask as many more as I liked. The follow up call came the next day and we discussed the interview process, potential compensation, benefits, and past experience relevant to the position. The human resources representative asked me to a five member panel review at the main office with 48 hour notice. The panel took one and half hours. Human resources called me with a job offer within three days.

Interview Questions

• They asked about what I knew about their company, how much experience I had in skills pertaining to the job description, some personal questions such as, "do you have many friends." The panel wanted to know exactly what level of mechanics I worked while in the military. This question came up many times. The questions focused on my Army and Air Force experience, other experiences were not addressed.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation was direct. O'Neil stated the industry low for this position, I stated my opinion on my skills, they adjusted the offer and we came to agree on an amount. There was some flexibility in that O'Neil and Associates did consider my other skills and experience when discussing salary. Their offer did not move too far, but it did move.

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at O'Neil & Associates.

Interview

I received a call from the HR person from a resume I submitted during a job fair to see if I was interested in the job as a technical writer. I met with HR first and was asked some general interview questions. Then I was escorted to the hiring manager who asked more detailed questions about my background and job knowledge. It was a very cordial interview process.

Interview Questions

• Questions were not difficult or unexpected. Pretty standard interview process.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was sent email with the job offer. I signed it and mailed it back. I was hired on about a week after they received my signed offer.

Anonymous Employee in Fairview, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at O'Neil & Associates (Fairview, OR) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview was quite relaxed and polite. They were interested in how much I was interested in working there, which was a nice change from other interviews I had around that time. A workplace tour was included at the end.

Interview Questions

• How excited would you be to work here?   1 Answer

Technology Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miamisburg, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at O'Neil & Associates (Miamisburg, OH) in November 2011.

Interview

Greeted by HR personnel, they tour you the facility and are very friendly. During the interview HR asked a few questions regarding human behavior, nothing aimed to trick you, they just liked to get a feel for how you respond and what your thoughts might be. Interview was with manager and 1 staff. Manager outlined what the position was, they covered all the facets of the job, and gave a good scope of how you would fit into the position. Staff member asked a couple technical questions to ensure you had the required background.

Interview Questions

• Questions were specific to skills required to do the job, nothing from left field.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Took a week or 2, was contacted by HR and everything went smooth.