OCLC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 29, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at OCLC (Dublin, OH) in March 2017.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter, had a phone screen, then met with a couple of individual contributors on the team. Moved on to an interview with the manager a couple weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Manager repeatedly asked the same questions at least 5 different ways.   1 Answer

Senior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at OCLC (Columbus, OH) in January 2016.

Interview

It went very well with some personal and technical questions. And it was around 30 mins. I was selected in the 1st round and processed for 2nd round of interview.

Finally i got the offer and working for OCLC.

Interview Questions

• Explain me which design pattern did you use in your recent project?   Answer Question

Information Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at OCLC.

Interview

I was first contacted by a recruiter who interviewed me over the phone. She then had me come in for an interview, and I met with three individuals. They discussed the company, and proceeded to ask me questions. They had me sort of walk through my resume, explaining more about my past experiences. They were very friendly, and I felt welcomed.

Interview Questions

• Describe a previous job experience in which you had to handle a gray area in regard to policy.

They asked some standard interview questions (i.e. strengths and weaknesses), but probably more of them were behavioral/situational questions.   1 Answer

Lead Operations Analyst/Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at OCLC (Columbus, OH) in March 2014.

Interview

Worst interview in my career. No technical questions. The interview consisted of how well one could BS about their experience and sell themselves. They admitted they had no training program and most people who were thrown into it either sunk or swam

Interview Questions

• What was the greatest technical accomplishment in each of the companies you had worked for previously?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer
    • What do you know about the OCLC? What do they do? Who is the President? How long has he been the president, etc.?   1 Answer

Art Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at OCLC (Dublin, OH).

Interview

I was hired with one interview that included the Manager of Creative Service and the Director.

Interview Questions

• There were not very many difficult questions during the interview, as it seemed I was the right person for the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I accepted the offer as is from HR after the Director and Manager of Creative Services determined I was a match for the position.

Product Marketing Analyst Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OCLC (Dublin, OH) in October 2013.

Interview

Interviewed with hiring manager. Since I had had a contract with OCLC previously, no further interviews were necessary. Interview took many an hour and was conducted in a conference room. Following the interview, the hiring manager took me down to the department to say hi to my former colleagues since I had had a previous contract with them.

Interview Questions

• What was my experience in my prior role.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offered me $28 an hour, which was satisfactory, and I accepted.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at OCLC (Dublin, OH) in January 2011.

Interview

Took some time, phone interview, in person interview, good thought questions. Interviews were with 4 different people, manager, director co-workers. Each was one-on-one. Very friendly some tough questions, some easy, some personality type.