OMD Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at OMD

2.6

Assistant Media Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OMD (New York, NY) in February 2020.

Interview

After initial contact with HR I had two rounds of interview with, first with lower and then higher management. Mostly focused around behavioral aspects and whether I would be a good fit for the team.

Interview Questions

Interview

Very short. One interview with about 3 people taking turns asking questions. Very basic over Skype but can also he in person if in town. Thought everyone was nice but seemed distracted as if they would rather be doing something else.

Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at OMD (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Recruiter reached out and I was asked to come in the following week for an interview. Met with four different team members who all asked similar questions. Overall it was only about an hour long and was pretty brief and casual.

Project Manager, Creative Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at OMD (Burbank, CA).

Interview

The initial legwork required to be completed before the interview was quite a bit of work; it took me 4 hours to answer a questionnaire and another hour to fill out another form that I'm not sure were even read prior to the interviews. The interviews themselves went fine. The women I met with were all amazing individuals. I think we all mutually found that it wouldn't have been a perfect fit for either party. However, I was very disappointed that I heard nothing from HR following the interviews, not even to notify that there would be no offer. Highly unprofessional in that regard.

Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at OMD (New York, NY) in September 2019.

Interview

Very straightforward and open. Phone interview was about 15 minutes long and we went over the basic job requirements and reasons as to why I was looking to move from my current position.

Assistant Strategist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OMD.

Interview

Normal, first phone interview and then an in person interview. They were friendly and they encourage me to keep asking questions and such. You have to have knowledge in digital marketing or the agency world

Assistant Strategist/Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OMD in August 2019.

Interview

After submitting my resume, I was contacted by a recruiter to schedule a phone interview within the same day. I had in-person interviews two weeks later with three team members, which lasted about 30 minutes each. I enjoyed my interviews and felt that they went well. There weren’t any difficult or unreasonable questions. I followed up with HR a week later and never got a reply. I wouldn’t have any complaints but I thought this was very unprofessional. It doesn’t take much time to let a candidate know that a position has been filled and is talent acquisition’s job to do so.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OMD (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I applied online and received a follow-up almost less than 5 minutes to schedule an interview. The recruiter gave me a job application paper form to fill out. I responded to her emails and she ignored them for about a week. After a week, I called the email on the signature and she would also ignore them. When I called the office's number to reach out to her, she finally picked up. Even then when she picked up she was rude and indicated she was busy but randomly put a time on her calendar to do the interview.

The recruiter was late to her phone interview and she did not apologize about it. She didn't really ask me any questions either. She just told me that she'll be sending the resume over to the hiring manager. She did whatever she could to make me look bad by saying "so you left the company on bad terms?" She was unprofessional and rude on every level and quite frankly I don't know how she has gotten this far.

I don't know much about the company because she explained nothing, but I know this person was not competent.

Marketing Sciences Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I interviewed at OMD (Chicago, IL) in April 2019.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me on Linkedin for the role, had a short phone interview with her then went in for a face-to-face interview with the hiring manager. The interview seemed to go pretty well and I was told that I will receive some sort of feedback at least by next week. A week later I reached out to the recruiter and never received a response.

Assistant Strategist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at OMD (Chicago, IL) in March 2019.

Interview

Very quick process and everyone was incredibly friendly. I applied on LinkedIn and had a recruiter reach out the same day, had a phone interview on a Friday followed by an in-person interview the following Thursday. Met with the director, two strategists, and then my supervisor (30 minutes each). Everyone was welcoming and it was more of a conversation than an interview. No real tough questions, they were just trying to get a sense of who I was. I had another quick phone interview with another person on the team the following day and then received an offer on Monday. I knew a few people that worked there so I think that helped.