OMD Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 7, 2017

2.6

Supervisor, Marketing Science Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OMD (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Applied on LinkedIn, one phone call with HR, asked me to come in for an in-person interview, then never followed up with me until I emailed HR several weeks later. Reason for not moving forward was my "experience level," which makes no sense because why would they then bring me in for an in-person interview in the first place when you can read my resume and see my experience level from that?

Interview Questions

• Asked a lot about client service work, data management platforms, digital makreting, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OMD (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I got a phone screening from an OMD recruiter in LA. I then came into the office and had an hour interview by a Media Sup and Strategist at the same time. After, a LA media director interviewed me over the phone. Finally, I had a final hour long interview with a current Assistant Strategist, another Strategist, and the Group Director. Very long process for an Assistant Strategist, but I think it's good they aim to find a decent fit.

I thought the team was great--super smart, resourceful, and very up front it'll be a long work-week type of position. However, I didn't accept because once I got the offer, the recruiter was SO RUDE to me. When I got the offer, I thanked her and asked how much time I have to accept. She proceeded to YELL at me and say immature things like, "Why?! Do you have other offers?! You need to accept ASAP because we have plenty of other people that would be GRATEFUL to get your offer." I was a soon-to-be college graduate at the time, but they shouldn't be using scare tactics and using such a demeaning tone. Terrible recruiting team.

If the damn company treats me like that before I even join, why the hell would I accept the offer? Not to mention they pay peanuts for entry-level. I went with another agency that paid $15k more than their offer for the same role.

Overall, if you can deal with agency life, OMD is a reputable company to start with--but expect long-hours and demeaning recruiters and/or HR.

Interview Questions

• Why media? Why marketing? Why agency? Same old agency questions.   Answer Question
    • Asked fun questions like which TV show describes my life.   Answer Question

Assistant Analyst, Digital Marketing Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at OMD (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

easy phone interview followed by an in-person interview. I was told that I would hear a response whether accepted or rejected. Have not heard anything, I assume I was not chosen.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at OMD.

Interview

The hiring process was very quick. Overall it took 2 days.The people i met with were interested in seeing how I would fit with the team and gaining an understanding of basic skills that were aligned with the positions requirements. All in all. i would say this was a good experience.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OMD (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Informal. Two people interviewed me at the same time. Easy standard questions. know the position you applied for. They did not go into detail of my last positions but wanted to know about my passions for media and advertisement. Interview lasted no more then 30 minutes. I got the position offer through a phone call the next day.

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OMD (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

The interview was probably one of the shortest i have ever had. I literally was asked 4 questions and then was asked if i had any questions. i was shocked how fast the interview went.

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at OMD.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me and I applied a couple of months later. Had an interview which lasted about 2 hours but was definitely overplayed. The director was talking about things like how she wanted to say she worked at McDonalds. The second guy I had an amazing conversation with. The last lady was ok and sprang a test on me out of nowhere. All in all the director and the last lady didn't even go over my resume before I interviewed. Kind of unprofessional.

Interview Questions

They seem as a place where they over work people. A trusted source told me they were once the only person on the team at one point with the majority of the work.

Accountability Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at OMD (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

Phone interview, followed by an in-person interview with 3 individuals including the director. Told that they would follow up next week. 2 weeks passed, the recruiter was totally unhelpful in getting feedback, but then finally invited to a follow up interview where I met with the director and another individual who worked in the same role. Hiring process and lack of communication was totally unprofessional.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at OMD (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

HR set up an interview. I met with 5 different people in 3 different 20-minute increments. Questions were very standard, mostly asking about my experience. It's an entry level position that doesn't pay well but the expect a lot of experience. The team was really nice and seemed interested in me. They bragged about the perks of working for the company. Unfortunately I didn't get an offer.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OMD (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview was conducted by the EA to the CEO, my first ever interview with another EA. She was pretty laid back but with an air of aloofness. She asked some typical questions but I could tell she was not at all experienced with conducting interviews. HR did inform me that the EA would determine which candidates would be selected to go to the next level. Two weeks later I emailed requested feedback from the interview and several days later she responded with a poorly written email informing me that I was not selected to proceed to the next level. Honestly, I'm not too keen on EA's conducting interviews.