OMD Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at OMD

2.6

Sort:

Contract Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at OMD in August 2015.

Interview

Phone screen and in person interview the next day. Relevant questions asked. The hiring managers were very friendly and made me feel comfortable during the interview process. Overall excellent questions asked.

Interview Questions

• How can you determine if a candidate is qualified for a role by a phone screen?   1 Answer

Planning Director Interview

Interview

HR reached out to me about position, at the time I wasn't seeking out a new job but the role was interesting so I elected to explore the opportunity. Process included: phone screen with HR, phone interview with managing director and then in-person interview with account lead

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OMD (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Informal. Two people interviewed me at the same time. Easy standard questions. know the position you applied for. They did not go into detail of my last positions but wanted to know about my passions for media and advertisement. Interview lasted no more then 30 minutes. I got the position offer through a phone call the next day.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OMD (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I got a phone screening from an OMD recruiter in LA. I then came into the office and had an hour interview by a Media Sup and Strategist at the same time. After, a LA media director interviewed me over the phone. Finally, I had a final hour long interview with a current Assistant Strategist, another Strategist, and the Group Director. Very long process for an Assistant Strategist, but I think it's good they aim to find a decent fit.

I thought the team was great--super smart, resourceful, and very up front it'll be a long work-week type of position. However, I didn't accept because once I got the offer, the recruiter was SO RUDE to me. When I got the offer, I thanked her and asked how much time I have to accept. She proceeded to YELL at me and say immature things like, "Why?! Do you have other offers?! You need to accept ASAP because we have plenty of other people that would be GRATEFUL to get your offer." I was a soon-to-be college graduate at the time, but they shouldn't be using scare tactics and using such a demeaning tone. Terrible recruiting team.

If the damn company treats me like that before I even join, why the hell would I accept the offer? Not to mention they pay peanuts for entry-level. I went with another agency that paid $15k more than their offer for the same role.

Overall, if you can deal with agency life, OMD is a reputable company to start with--but expect long-hours and demeaning recruiters and/or HR.

Interview Questions

• Why media? Why marketing? Why agency? Same old agency questions.   Answer Question
    • Asked fun questions like which TV show describes my life.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OMD (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

first did phone screen with talent & acquisition and then was contacted a few days later to come in for an in-person interview. interview was easy-going and laid back. spoke with a few people, all who were very nice and helpful in discussing their day-to-day responsibilities and what i would be tasked with if seleted

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at OMD (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

HR set up an interview. I met with 5 different people in 3 different 20-minute increments. Questions were very standard, mostly asking about my experience. It's an entry level position that doesn't pay well but the expect a lot of experience. The team was really nice and seemed interested in me. They bragged about the perks of working for the company. Unfortunately I didn't get an offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at OMD (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

I was emailed by a person who works in Talent Acquisition who i had met at a networking event if I was still interested in applying to OMD. Emailed my resume, after which I was passed along to HR. I had a phone interview and my resume and info was passed along to the teams here. I heard back after my phone interview later in the same week, and scheduled my in person interview for the next week. Interview went fine, no real curve ball questions, I was interviewed by three people, all who were on the team that was looking to add a new assistant strategist. It felt like they were trying to get a sense of who I was, how i would fit in with their team and my experience. The interviews took about an hour and a half because there were 3 thirty minute interviews. I thought they went well but never heard anything back from OMD.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is an interesting trend in advertising?
      What is your greatest weakness?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at OMD (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

My interview process was short and sweet. I felt in the loop the entire time. i first met with two strategists in person at OMD LA, then met with the supervisor. A few days later I had two phone interviews with team members in other offices across the USA, and lastly a quick in person interview with our group director.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

salary non negotiable

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OMD (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Initial email screening process with HR. Answered a few questions on why media, salary, and referrals. HR reaches out via phone to schedule in-person interview. At the in-person interview, met with senior strategist and Associate Director. Final interview was with the Group Director. A few days later, HR called back with an offer. Overall, smooth process and HR was very responsive and clear.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at OMD (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I applied for another position on Linkedln however I had a recruiter reach out to me for a position that was more entry level as I was nearing college graduation. After a phone screen I was scheduled an in person interview where I met with 3 people on the media team. Interview went fairly well except one of the members from the media team acted like he didn't want to be there and was above conducting interviews and meeting with potential new hires. After multiple follow up emails, I never heard anything back, also offered pay was extremely low.