Oakley Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 10, 2017

2.5

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oakley (New York, NY).

Interview

Really relaxed! don't stress about it. I just got done playing tennis when they wanted to interview me. Just be yourself and don't be afraid to give an honest answer most of these people have been doing it for a while so they know how to read a person, so just relax and have fun.

Interview Questions

• What was the hardest task you've ever and to complete?   Answer Question

Employee Store Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foothill Ranch, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Oakley (Foothill Ranch, CA).

Interview

Fairly simple interview. Basic behavioral questions and questions about previous work experience. Just be ready to talk about yourself and what you are looking to accomplish at this job. Should be fairly easily. Job requires a lot of lifting and work but it is do-able.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Oakley (Fairfax, VA).

Interview

In person interview with the Store Manager over coffee, very relaxed atmosphere. Talked about hobbies and existing sales experience, working in a higher-end retail space. Talked about my existing knowledge of Oakley as a brand and existence in extreme sport space. Store Manager was very polite, would go over items I didn't know to help bring me a bit more up to speed even during the interview process.

Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foothill Ranch, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oakley (Foothill Ranch, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview was at Oakley HQ in FootHill Ranch, CA. First I had a phone screen with HR, then technical interview with manager and Director of the product development engineering group. I was called for onsite interview immediately. It's the most casual interview that I have ever attended. The interview schedule was from 11.30-3.30 pm. It included one by one interview, starting with HR and then different manager from different groups. The interview was fairly straightforward with STAR based technique. What I observed or understood from the interview process is they don't look for technical competency of the candidate, but instead they look how the candidate fits with the Oakley values and culture. The HR lady at Oakley is really nice and helpful, as they had to do a lot of arrangement to make me fly from Florida to California.

Although the pay was less as compared to my present job and location, I really wanted to work at Oakley, as I really liked the job profile and the people I interviewed with at Oakley. But eventually, they closed the position without hiring anyone due to budget cuts.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you scaled up the process?
      Quality based questions?
      Answer Question

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foothill Ranch, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Oakley (Foothill Ranch, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Short initial phone interview, then set up in person interview. The interview was standard for management position. It involved 3 rounds of interviews with different personnel, different levels of management and team members. 1st round was a panel of 3, 2nd round was a panel of 2, and 3rd round was a 1 on 1. I assume the lineup will depend on position team and department. There was also a small tour of the production area.

Interview Questions

Although I did initially accept the offer, my current employer made me a counter offer after submitting my 2 week notice. It was an offer that I couldn't pass up.
    But now that a little time has passed I'm 2nd guessing if I made a mistake not taking the offer. The facility is amazing the people were great. The interview process was a good experience, I genuinely liked the team that interviewed me. I have nothing negative to say about Oakley.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Oakley.

Interview

Once I applied, I stopped by the store to introduce my myself, and we set up an interview time. A few days later I have the interview and after a background check I was hired! Total time went by quickly, about a week and a half I would say!

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Oakley.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oakley (Lake Forest, CA).

Interview

Ordinary phone and in person interview. Very straightforward but you still need to do your homework and read up about the company. Visiting the headquarters was a pleasant experience. Large company and would have been nice to work here

Senior Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foothill Ranch, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Oakley (Foothill Ranch, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Oakley made the interview process as fluid and comfortable for me as possible. The team flew me a day earlier and set me up in a hotel nearby as to not rush me in the morning. On the day of my interview, I sat down 1-on-1 with a few key people and shared my refined work as well as my rough sketches, which was very well-received. The team was excited to see process and unfinished work which showed me they value the working design process. The interview was very informative and conversational as well. The team was able to give me great insight to how the design process works at Oakley and how they see my work and contribution there. I was glad that they gave me both a portfolio and cultural interview to help me see if the environment is one I would be happy in. The interview was both beneficial to me and Oakley. John, the sr talent recruiter was prompt, answered all my questions, and was respectful to me the entire process. I hold Oakley in the highest regards and can see that the company respects talent and people in the industry.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to do a quick project after the interview: "Envision the future of Oakley"   Answer Question

Project Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Oakley (West Los Angeles, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

I met Oakley at my college's career fair. Handed them my resume and had a brief conversation about manufacturing. They emailed me a few weeks later to invite me to their headquarters for a tour and interview. Oakley did not provide transportation to the headquarters. The tour was an hour and the interview was an hour. Dress was informal and the whole thing was very casual. Interview had one interviewer and two to three interviewees.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you faced a challenge in your engineering career.   Answer Question

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oakley.

Interview

It was very relaxed, we went to the cafeteria in the mall and did the interview there. It started off with "tell me about yourself" and then went into the standard questions that were read off the page. They were similar to other interviews so there wasn't much that was surprising.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to work with a team and what was the outcome (paraphrased)   Answer Question