Oakley Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 16, 2017

2.5

Sales Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Oakley (New York, NY).

Interview

Fast. Not in depth. Interviewer told me what he was looking for, asked why I did prior and hired me on the spot. He wanted to hire me for asm but I wasn't ready at that time. I did get promoted within one month.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your last job?   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Oakley.

Interview

Good Company back inthe say. The Manager was prepared with questions relative to the position and was enthusiastic about the role and the company . I inyerviewed with 4 people during the day and they got back to me within a week

Retail Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oakley.

Interview

The interviewer was unprofessional. He gave the impression that he was totally bored as he yawned a number of times. He didn't even have the respect excuse himself. This was the first time I had an on line interview, and I must say. I did not appreciate the interviewer's behavior, nor did I appreciate being interview along with another person. I have previously held management positions, and I found the entire process to be unprofessional and demeaning.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foothill Ranch, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oakley (Foothill Ranch, CA).

Interview

Asked for previous work experiences. Was separated from other candidates to do a role play between customer and associate. Not much time to prepare or get to know the store, so you had to be quick on your feet.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oakley (New York, NY).

Interview

Really relaxed! don't stress about it. I just got done playing tennis when they wanted to interview me. Just be yourself and don't be afraid to give an honest answer most of these people have been doing it for a while so they know how to read a person, so just relax and have fun.

Employee Store Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foothill Ranch, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Oakley (Foothill Ranch, CA).

Interview

Fairly simple interview. Basic behavioral questions and questions about previous work experience. Just be ready to talk about yourself and what you are looking to accomplish at this job. Should be fairly easily. Job requires a lot of lifting and work but it is do-able.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Oakley (Orlando, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

It was very relaxed. The whole interview felt more like a sit down with your friend and talking about life. We talked about my background and What I have done and which kind of experiences I had in the past. What my sense of style is? The basic interview questions. But everyone in the store introduce themselves to me on my day of the interview which was very nice.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to the team?   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Oakley (Fairfax, VA).

Interview

In person interview with the Store Manager over coffee, very relaxed atmosphere. Talked about hobbies and existing sales experience, working in a higher-end retail space. Talked about my existing knowledge of Oakley as a brand and existence in extreme sport space. Store Manager was very polite, would go over items I didn't know to help bring me a bit more up to speed even during the interview process.

Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foothill Ranch, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oakley (Foothill Ranch, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview was at Oakley HQ in FootHill Ranch, CA. First I had a phone screen with HR, then technical interview with manager and Director of the product development engineering group. I was called for onsite interview immediately. It's the most casual interview that I have ever attended. The interview schedule was from 11.30-3.30 pm. It included one by one interview, starting with HR and then different manager from different groups. The interview was fairly straightforward with STAR based technique. What I observed or understood from the interview process is they don't look for technical competency of the candidate, but instead they look how the candidate fits with the Oakley values and culture. The HR lady at Oakley is really nice and helpful, as they had to do a lot of arrangement to make me fly from Florida to California.

Although the pay was less as compared to my present job and location, I really wanted to work at Oakley, as I really liked the job profile and the people I interviewed with at Oakley. But eventually, they closed the position without hiring anyone due to budget cuts.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you scaled up the process?
      Quality based questions?   Answer Question

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foothill Ranch, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Oakley (Foothill Ranch, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Short initial phone interview, then set up in person interview. The interview was standard for management position. It involved 3 rounds of interviews with different personnel, different levels of management and team members. 1st round was a panel of 3, 2nd round was a panel of 2, and 3rd round was a 1 on 1. I assume the lineup will depend on position team and department. There was also a small tour of the production area.

Interview Questions

Although I did initially accept the offer, my current employer made me a counter offer after submitting my 2 week notice. It was an offer that I couldn't pass up.
    But now that a little time has passed I'm 2nd guessing if I made a mistake not taking the offer. The facility is amazing the people were great. The interview process was a good experience, I genuinely liked the team that interviewed me. I have nothing negative to say about Oakley.