Occidental Petroleum Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Occidental Petroleum Interview Questions

Updated Oct 14, 2018

2.6

Petroleum Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Occidental Petroleum in June 2013.

Interview

It was a panel interview, with 2 separate interviews with 2 people in each interview. First, I met with HR. Then I met with a hiring manager and another engineer. Then I met with a Senior engineer and HR. Finally, I went to lunch with one of the interviewers and then met a Realtor.

Interview Questions

• They were very nice and easy going for the most part. There were some behavioral questions, but the only one I remember was "How do you manage and organize your time?"   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Occidental Petroleum (Houston, TX) in May 2011.

Interview

Applied online and had a phone interview with HR. Met with Hr, department head and controller in the same day. They went over the job and the group.

Controller meets with you to make sure your not a total idiot. Listen and engage him but ask intelligent questions

Expect a week or so to hear back. Keep in mind they are busy with work so never take it personally. I got the offer letter and sent it back. Drug test was a hair test

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions. The usual yet lazy, 'What's your biggest weakness?'   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Occidental Petroleum.

Interview

Met at a campus recruiting event and used resume as a talking point. I was asked a series of brief questions by a very positive and energetic recruiter. Afterwards I applied online and was contacted for a phone interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Occidental Petroleum (Houston, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

Handed in resume to a professional at a student organization career fair. Attended info session at university. Networked with professionals. Applied through an university career website and the company's website. Went in for an on-campus interview. Nice people, but did not enjoy the structure of the interview. Asked for business cards, but was told only the recruiter may be contacted. Received decision by email almost a month after.

Interview Questions

• Describe a technical problem you have faced and how you solved it. (There were three or four questions that were similar to this.)   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Occidental Petroleum in October 2013.

Interview

Job Fair and Applying Online

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time in which you had a problem working with a group. What did you do?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

On-campus interview only. Had a panel of three people asking me questions for a period of about an hour. I thought that I had done fairly well; unfortunately, I was not given an offer.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Occidental Petroleum.

Interview

I applied through a recruiting event. The only negative thing was that they told me to expect a call, but they never got back to me. I would have appreciated it if they told me I didn't get the internship so I could make other plans.

Interview Questions

• They really just asked about my resume and experience. Nothing difficult.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norman, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Occidental Petroleum (Norman, OK) in October 2012.

Interview

Submission at the school career site. Then followed by followup from one of the employee of Oxy. Then finally shortlisted for an Interview.

Interview Questions

• Question that as to do with making use of a software I listed on my resume. Did not expect that.   1 Answer

IT Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Occidental Petroleum in August 2013.

Interview

On campus panel interview. Was told would be contacted for an on-site interview if they were interested. Instead receive a phone message to contact HR representative. Returned the call and was made an offer. After I accepted the offer was sent a digital offer letter and told to go online and complete online application. After offer letter was returned was sent a series of steps to complete to start the onboarding process.

Interview Questions

• Very relaxed interview. Asked to explain previous projects I worked on.   1 Answer

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Occidental Petroleum (Houston, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

Panel interview conducted on campus by members of the IT Organization. Non-technical comfortable, intent was to see if I would be a good fit with the team. Situational questions. Establish a good rapport, eye contact and smile. Have good STAR (situation, task, action, and results), examples available. Make you understand the need driving the situation and ensure you are able to articulate the value of the results. Will be asked about a time you did something that was not successful, be honest and be able to articulate what you learned from it. Ask what is the next step, which is usually an interview with HR. However, if you ace the interview, you will likely get a call from HR extending an offer. If an offer is extended you will be directed to a portal to complete new hire paperwork. Good Luck

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a personal weakness   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation