Ocean Spray Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ocean Spray Interview Questions

Updated Oct 5, 2017

Global Customer Insights Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ocean Spray.

Interview

I was contacted to do a video interview through the HireVue app. If you've never done a solo video interview it can be hard to learn not to look at yourself versus the camera or gather your thoughts for 30 seconds and then answer the questions.

I didn't really like the HireVue concept but I suppose it's an easy way to weed out applications. If you're doing the video screening -- make sure you practice ahead of time, use good lighting and look up as many behavioral themed questions as you can.

Questions for this role included those in the STAR format as well as technical/role related ones.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Ocean Spray?   Answer Question
    • What research methodologies have you employed to achieve your objectives?   Answer Question
    • How do you integrate industry trends into your findings?   Answer Question
    • How was a business problem solved as a result of your insights research?   Answer Question

Lead Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeville, MA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Ocean Spray (Lakeville, MA) in September 2017.

Interview

I initially had contact with a member of the Talent Acquisition team who put me in touch with the recruiter. Both ladies were extremely helpful and walked me through the process. Following these calls I had a phone interview with the hiring manger which lasted a little over an hour. I was subsequently called in for a formal round of interviews (Lakeville, MA) to include meetings with the employee transitioning out of the position, a member of the HR team, a peer of the hiring manager, the hiring manger, the VP of Finance and lastly the recruiter. The interviews started at noon and ended at 4pm. Everyone I met with was very gracious and made me feel comfortable. The interviewers had me walk through my resume and then had prepared some questions. - questions seemed pretty standard, a mix of questions around skill set and questions designed to see if personally, I would be a good fit for the organization. I was offered the job the week following the interview. - unfortunately I was not able to accept due to salary but I will be keeping an eye out for new opportunities as this is a great company which I would sincerely love to be a part of.

Food Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ocean Spray in August 2017.

Interview

It was a video interview with 7 questions. They showed the question for 30 seconds then had 3 minutes to answer. They were behavior questions and standard questions, not technical.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ocean Spray in August 2017.

Interview

I applied for the Assistant Manager, Category Management position in mid July and within two weeks I received email notification to complete a digital interview (within 2 days of receiving said email). I definitely think the one-way interview process is initiative but its certainly awkward having to answer pre-determined questions but Hirevue does give you some prep questions to get comfortable before starting. About a week about completing the digital interview, I was asked to come in for an in-person interview. The in-person interview was scheduled a week and half or so later and I met with 5 different people in 4 hours, which is also the longest interview I've ever had. I didn't find it super productive as I got asked pretty much the same questions 5 different times. I was very hopeful in getting an offer, I followed up with thank you emails to all 5 people I met with and the recruiter was responsive in the beginning that there was a delay with additional interviews. But after following up a week past when I was indicated they would have a decision, I never heard back. I would think an organization such as Ocean Spray would have the decency to let candidates know they were not considered, not sure I'd ever apply for a position with Ocean Spray after this experience.

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Ocean Spray.

Interview

The interview process was very comfortable and easy. I met with the supervisor and he was very informative and was a great listener. After the interview he gave me a tour of the data center.

Interview Questions

• Asked about technical and computer experience   1 Answer

Product Development Scientist Interview

Application

I interviewed at Ocean Spray in June 2017.

Interview

Initial round: one-way Hirevue interview (5 behavioral questions)

Second round: phone call with the hiring manager. Most questions were technical. Unfortunately, I did not get into the next round.

Overall, everyone I had the opportunity to speak with was friendly.

Interview Questions

• Describe the processes to manufacture several Ocean Spray products?   Answer Question
    • What is the latest innovative product that you have tried and why? What could be the difficulties product developers faced while developing this product?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lakeville, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ocean Spray (Lakeville, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

From beginning to end the interview process was thoughtful, easy to navigate and was indicative of the type of employee-centric culture of the company overall. While challenging in terms of ensuring the company obtains the best talent, it was a great process, especially when compared with other companies. The video component was a nice touch as well.

Interview Questions

• Discussion on the cooperative values of respect, collaboration, innovation and ownership.   Answer Question

Consumer Affairs Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lakeville, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ocean Spray (Lakeville, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

The process was quick and efficient. I first did a video interview, there were 8 questions asked and I recorded myself answering them. A few days after submitting the video I was scheduled for a phone interview with the hiring manager. The following week I was scheduled for a number of face to face interviews.
    The day of interviews started with me giving a presentation on a case study that they provided, the audience was most of the individuals that I would then meet with one on one later in the day. I thought this format was great, the case study presentation was a very comfortable way to break the ice and start discussions. It provided a common point of reference to use to discuss my input and qualifications. Everyone I met with was very friendly and asked great questions.

Interview Questions

• The questions were very conversational, many experience based, 'tell us about a time when you...' 'how would you handle...'   Answer Question

Customer Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lakeville, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ocean Spray (Lakeville, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received an email for one way video interview two weeks later. I submitted the video and received another email for in person interview the next day. It was 3 hours interview at headquarter with different groups. 3 weeks later, I received a two way online interview with senior manager. I got the offer the following day. This is not the longest interview I have ever had. It is not a quick one either. In all, They are very professional! The process is clear and reasonable. All people I met in OceanSpray are nice and friendly.

Interview Questions

• How do you prioritize your daily tasks?
      Give me an example how you handle an escalated situation?
      what will you do when you don't have the answer to customer?
      Among all the compliments, which one is your favorite all time and why?
      Is there anything not included in your resume that you want to share?
      what is your ideal manager's type?
      What frustrates you the most at work? and why?
      Describe a project you once worked on?
      ... Tell me about yourself? why oceanspray?   Answer Question

Senior Materials Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lakeville, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Ocean Spray (Lakeville, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process was extremely positive and seamless. The Talent Acquisition team was an absolute pleasure to work with. They were very friendly, informative and maintained a consistent open line of communication during the entire interview process. My initial interview was via video and this was followed by an on site interview three weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in Ocean Spray?   Answer Question
    • What makes you a good fit for the open position?   Answer Question
    • There were a number of different behavioral questions asked. Describe a time, tell me about a recent project, etc...   Answer Question