Old Dominion Freight Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Old Dominion Freight Interview Questions

Interviews at Old Dominion Freight

2.1

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Old Dominion Freight in September 2014.

Interview

There were three interviews. I had to do a lot of studying and find out on the company itself. Its background, grass roots owner. A lot of the actual culture that is still represented. Respect, kindness, and hard work were all major requirements. Fantastic communication and friendly interviews.

Interview Questions

• What makes you better that who we already have?   2 Answers

They required you to move to accept the position.

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thomasville, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Old Dominion Freight (Thomasville, NC).

Interview

I was called twice by HR, then had an interview and was then brought in for a face to face interview. I spoke to three different groups of people. Was asked the same questions several times with each new group. Was moved to three different rooms for each group.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about this co?
      Why do you want to work here?
      How do you handle conflict?
      What are your hobbies?   1 Answer

Class A Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Conley, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Old Dominion Freight (Conley, GA) in March 2018.

Interview

The process is quite lengthy getting started 'they' say because of. Number of applicants. But once selected it all simple yea and no questions, nothing hard or difficult really.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Old Dominion Freight in September 2017.

Interview

One on one interview was standard & very positive. Standard interview questions, i.e. Tell me about a time... The interview was followed by a driving test and contingent offer of employment. The physical & drug screen occur very rapidly. The background check and employment verification took almost 4 business weeks. To be fair, it may have taken that long due to my employment history (more than one job in the 10 year history) but I've heard the same story from others as well.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you know about Old Dominion   1 Answer

City Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Old Dominion Freight (Dallas, TX) in April 2012.

Interview

Very easy. Friendly interviewer, and free of stress. If you know the basics of computer you will be able to answer all the questions (no paper applications). Of course, you need to bring your commercial driver license. It will take you an average of two hours to complete the interview application process. If considered for employment you will need to take a physical exam, and a road test if applying for driver.

Interview Questions

• If I had DUI ticket, felonies   1 Answer

WAN Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thomasville, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Old Dominion Freight (Thomasville, NC) in June 2013.

Interview

There was initially a phone interview which involved some technical questions but mostly background. This was followed up by a one on one interview with the hiring manager where more technical and goal oriented questions were asked. He knew exactly the experience he was looking for and cut straight to the chase about it. Then there was a one on one interview with the CIO. He asked what I knew about the company and discussed my background and goals for the future.

Interview Questions

• They were all pretty straight forward questions with nothing coming out of left field.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I worked as a contractor and there was no negotiation at that time.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Old Dominion Freight (Greensboro, NC) in April 2018.

Interview

Standard interview - very professional experience. Lasted 45min and had a phone screen prior to the actual interview. Employees seemed very proud of their company and roles. Would recommend to people interested in this industry.

Truck Driver Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Old Dominion Freight.

Interview

I had a one on one interview with the assistant terminal manager. The interview went smoothly and was low pressure. I felt relaxed through the whole process.

Interview Questions

• The interview did not have any unexpected question. The majority of the question were based on prior experience.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Old Dominion Freight (Irvine, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

Old Dominion perused me and made me an offer while I was still working. The offer was about 40 percent more and they only gave me a week to make a decision.

Interview Questions

• What were your plans at Conway and why were you not able to make them a reality?   1 Answer

Negotiation

This company was willing to step up and pay me what I wanted in salary and bonus but would not work with me on time off my first year. They expected me to go 1 year with zero time off and sick days but told me after 6 months they will let me borrow time off? They sent me the offer in writing and everything was what we discussed.

Linehaul Driver Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Old Dominion Freight in October 2014.

Interview

Real easy going. Filled out questionnaire one day, got a call from the transportation manager the next day to come in for an interview. Met with trans manager and manager on the same day.