Old Dominion Freight Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 25, 2017

2.0

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Old Dominion Freight (Detroit, MI) in May 2017.

Interview

They explained the job, the pay and expectations as well as training. They drug test and do a background check. Which isn't a problem. Their decision won't be made until sometime in June. They will be doing second interviews.

Manager-In-Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Old Dominion Freight (Houston, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Resume was collected at a Career Fair at my university. I was contacted a few weeks later and interviewed at the end of the week. Interview involved a tour of the facility and then meeting with the Location Manager and a HR rep.

Interview Questions

• If you were stranded on a desert island, what is one item you would bring with you?   Answer Question
    • Describe leadership.   Answer Question
    • What is one aspect of yourself that you find weak and what have you done to improve it?   Answer Question

P&D Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Old Dominion Freight (New Orleans, LA).

Interview

Pretty much was a lengthy process , may a month for everything to become final. Took drug test physical like any other truck driving job would require you to do. the dispatch manager was very nice and helpful throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• One of the questions ask in the interview was did I enjoy working with others.   2 Answers

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Old Dominion Freight in October 2016.

Interview

The whole process took about two months. I got a call from the regional HR manager asking for a FaceTime interview. The interview went well and a week later he asked if I could meet with a local terminal manager. After I meet with the terminal manager I had another FaceTime interview with the terminal and HR manager for the terminal I was applying for.

Interview Questions

• Out of everything you learned in school what was the most important topic you learned?   1 Answer

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thomasville, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Old Dominion Freight (Thomasville, NC).

Interview

I was called twice by HR, then had an interview and was then brought in for a face to face interview. I spoke to three different groups of people. Was asked the same questions several times with each new group. Was moved to three different rooms for each group.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about this co?
      Why do you want to work here?
      How do you handle conflict?
      What are your hobbies?   1 Answer

Dock Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tonawanda, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Old Dominion Freight (Tonawanda, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Saw they were hiring on indeed went in and turned in my resume to the dock supervisor he looked it over and saw I had experience so we chatted for about 15 minutes the terminal manager was already gone for the day so he said he was putting it on top and the t.m should call me the next day and he did asked me to come in for an interview. I did and met with the office manager because the tm was running late and then got called the next day to come in and fill out pre hire paperwork did that then went for a drug test upon reviewing my pee hire paperwork they noticed I put I had reconstructive acl surgery just a few months prior so I then had to take an agility test and passed that as well and was formally extended the full time position. Which I accepted and couldn't be happier. Also gave me time to properly put in my 2 week notice and leave my previous employer.

Interview Questions

• What are your goals? Are you comfortable with the hours described to you? I have a ton of experience in this field so didn't have to ask me many questions. Basically just chatted about freight and company values and what's to like about OD vs other trucking companies.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes I was able to negotiate starting pay due to my 6 years experience in the dock. Never know if you can get better out of them unless you speak up. As they say closed mouth doesn't get fed!

Dock Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Old Dominion Freight (Bloomington, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

I met with the hiring manager William Dubrah. He asked me a few questions but seems to be multitasking during the interview. Pretty easy interview compared to others I've had.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any work related experience?
      Have you ever worked with a forklift?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Same as other jobs they offered me a position we discussed the pay rate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carrboro, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Old Dominion Freight (Carrboro, NC).

Interview

I recently completed the phone interview and it took about an hour. It was on the phone and the interviewer asked many questions about what I would do in certain situations, etc. overall a good interview experience but they said they would call back either way in two weeks and have not heard back yet.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Old Dominion Freight (Chapel Hill, NC) in December 2015.

Interview

I was contacted recently for a phone interview for the management trainee program. The interview takes about an hour to complete as they tell you about the program and they ask many questions about your past experience, situational questions, and questions about your personality. They said they would contact me no matter what in two weeks to say whether or not I got an offer.

Line Haul Driver Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Old Dominion Freight in October 2015.

Interview

Easy interview just be honest about everything and aim high as far as salary don't be shy. Emphasize on safety and being available for work when they need you like any other place worth anything is worth the effort

Interview Questions

• You must bring a detailed resume. they will go through each of your past jobs and they will ask for an explanation of why you left them   Answer Question