Omni Hotels Interview Questions

Updated Jan 18, 2021

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Omni Hotels

2.6
HardAverageEasy
Found 280 candidate interviews
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I interviewed at Omni Hotels (United States)

Interview

Very professional. On time. Didn’t make me feel nervous. I liked the questions that I was asked. They seem very interested in what I had to say. When I asked questions they had answers.

Interview Questions
  • What 3 things do would I like to see in this position
    1 Answer
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I interviewed at Omni Hotels (United States)

Interview

I worked with HR mostly. First there was a phone interview which was scheduled in advance. Afterwards I was informed management would like to invite me to do an in-person interview (pre-covid). I later interviewed with the department director and lastly the Manager.

Interview Questions
  • How would you go about building team moral.
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I interviewed at Omni Hotels (United States)

Interview

There was a phone screen, two in-person interviews with managers and relative parties, and one final interview with the General Manager. The interviewing process was average and there were no tricky scenarios.

Interview Questions
Omni Hotels
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I interviewed at Omni Hotels (United States)

Interview

They hosted an on site Job Fair. Went through a few interviews with different supervisors and managers of the department I applied for. I was hired on the spot. Very easy process.

Interview Questions
Omni Hotels
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Omni Hotels (United States)

Interview

Two interviews, two different days. Spoke with the general manager on second day, I was offered the job contingent on a background check. I accepted and waited 5 days, still had not heard back. Became suspicious, went to the omni hotel career site to check what was going on. Lo and behold, found out the job application stated, 'Not Selected'. Had I not checked on this, who knows how long I would have waited. Never received at least an auto generated email to let me know I wasn't selected. I've got a spotless record. It's the general manager that went back on their word. I'll never recommend this place as a hotel or possible place for employment opportunities. I got the offer, but they went back on their word.

Interview Questions
Omni Hotels
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Omni Hotels (United States) in Jan 2020

Interview

I applied online and got a call for a phone screening. A few days later, HR called back to set up an in-person interview. The in-person interview was actually 3 interviews strung together... one with the department supervisor, then the Director of Rooms, and then the hotel manager. After the interview with the manager, I was asked to sign an authorization for them to perform a background check. I was emailed a few days later with an offer.

Interview Questions
Omni Hotels
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Omni Hotels (Austin, TX) in Dec 2019

Interview

After applying, I had an interview with 2 recruiters, then a 2nd round of interview with 3 HR team members. They discussed having a quick phone call with the HR director, but never followed up on this.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work in the hospitality industry?
  • Why do you want to work for Omni?
  • You'll have a lot on your plate, but also have to handle associates coming in and requesting things from you. How will you manage this?
  • This job involves a lot of repetitive, routine work. How do you prevent yourself from burning out?
  • How do you stay organized?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
Application

Interview

I went through 2 panel interviews: The first was with 2 recruiters. The second was with 3 HR team members. I arrived 5 minutes early for the first interview and had to wait ~20 minutes to be brought in. They had me sit in a chair in the (uncomfortably cold) loading bay, where I felt very in the way. Employees had to squeeze past me with large boxes and carts of dirty linens. For the second interview, I arrived on time and had to wait 10 minutes. After speaking with them, they left me in that hallway for another 5-10 minutes as they "made sure they didn't have any other questions for me." One team member came out and told me they would set up a call between the HR director and me. They never followed up on this, and a week later I received a copy-paste rejection email that wasn't even tailored to include my correct name. I wish they would've shown more respect for my time and tried to create a more warm (figuratively and literally) and inviting candidate experience.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work in the hospitality industry?
  • Why do you want to work for Omni?
  • How do you stay organized?
  • You'll have to deal with a lot of stressors and drop everything when something else comes up. How will you handle this?
  • This job involves lots of repetitive, routine task. How do you prevent yourself from being burnt out in this setting?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore
Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Omni Hotels (Singapore) in Dec 2019

Interview

Very Brief interview. The atmosphere was casual. There were two people interviewing, one was from HR. I had a feeling that it was only a formality. The candidate is already selected.

Interview Questions
Omni Hotels
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I interviewed at Omni Hotels (United States)

Interview

I applied online and almost immediately I got a call and email from HR saying they were hosting walk-in interviews Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I went as soon as I could on Wednesday and interviewed with HR. I was informed 15-20 minutes later the supervisor of the role was not on-site so I had to come back the next day. I came back and interviewed with the supervisor again for no longer than 20 minutes. I was quite frustrated and got the idea they called me in was to look at my appearance. I waited longer to be called in for the interview and driving there than the two interviews combined! The most infuriating part, however, was not receiving a phone call or email back especially after I sent them a "thank you for your time" follow up email.

Interview Questions
Viewing 1 - 10 of 280