On The Border Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 5, 2017

1.8

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at On The Border (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

Initial 30 minute phone interview then a hour long sit down with area directorfor formal interview followed by a gm shadow shift followed by lunch with restaurant staff. A lot was centered around what success looks like as well as what failure of a poorly ran shift looked like.

Interview Questions

• What makes a good restaurant manager?   1 Answer

Restaurant Local Store Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Buena Vista, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at On The Border (Lake Buena Vista, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

Saw the posting on a job site and applied. Got a call a few days later to set up an interview and when I showed up the manager had no clue what I was interviewing for. As if that was not bad enough he proceeds to tell me that they are not really hiring for that position. Left-hand does not know what the right-hand is doing.

Anonymous Employee in Del City, OK

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at On The Border (Del City, OK) in March 2017.

Interview

Line out basic company principles and asked questions based on if you agree or not. Ask you about background and belief in yourself to perform job. Also talks about scheduling and expectations in pay.

Interview Questions

• If id ever done it before. I was asked if i minded the fast paced environment and if i could thrive.   1 Answer

Server/Waiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buford, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at On The Border (Buford, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online and got a called for an interview later that day. First interview was simple and easy; felt as if I was talking to a friend. Came back the next day for a second interview with GM. He asked typical questions along with math problems and selling strategies. Hired on the spot

Interview Questions

• How would you greet a table   1 Answer
    • What do you look for when dining at a restaurant   1 Answer
    • What is 20% of $40?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work here   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at On The Border in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online, and got a call five days later to come in the next day for an interview. I got there early, (1:30 and my interview wasn't until 2:00). The manager was really nice and so were the people around. They offered me water several times. The manager that interviewed me was very easy to talk to and made me feel comfortable. I got the job and she explained pay, dress code, and my responsibilities. I have orientation tomorrow with the GM and I'm very excited to go.

Interview Questions

• How would your employer describe your working style?   Answer Question
    • Explain a time when a customer asked for a crazy request, and how you reacted to it?   Answer Question
    • Explain some of the responsibility you have in your current job.   Answer Question
    • Why did you quit your previous job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at On The Border (Naperville, IL).

Interview

Really easy. Filled out an application online and I was called for an interview later that day. I came in a few days later for the interview and was offered the job on the spot

Dishwasher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lewisville, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at On The Border (Lewisville, TX).

Interview

They didn't do much because they always need people. Its very easy to get a job here and not many people get refused. Just be present and you will be able to.

Interview Questions

• Are you good at communicating?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Saint Charles, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at On The Border (Saint Charles, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

I got a call for an interview that day, I went in and it was a quick 5 minute thing. They are very under staffed and were thrilled to interview me. It was the most easiest interview ever and was offered the job practically when I walked in the door.

Anonymous Employee in Midland, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at On The Border (Midland, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Had to check back multiple times to get an interview, on my 2nd interview they never showed at all or contacted me. Later went back only to be told they hired someone else.

Interview Questions

• Call back Monday to get scheduled, nobody there monday knew anything about me.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Peoria, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at On The Border (Peoria, AZ) in February 2016.

Interview

Was referred by current employee. Applied online, took about three days to get a call. Went into the restaurant and interviewed. Talked to both managers and Ended up getting the job on the spot.