On The Border Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.6

Sort:

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at On The Border (Raleigh, NC) in January 2013.

Interview

I submitted an application and was asked if I could interview that same day. I had to take a short personality test combined with an IQ test. The manager came out and scored my test. After I passed I was asked a series of questions and a day later they called to say I received the job.

Interview Questions

• What makes me think I would be a good fit for the position?   3 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Del City, OK

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at On The Border (Del City, OK) in March 2017.

Interview

Line out basic company principles and asked questions based on if you agree or not. Ask you about background and belief in yourself to perform job. Also talks about scheduling and expectations in pay.

Interview Questions

• If id ever done it before. I was asked if i minded the fast paced environment and if i could thrive.   1 Answer

Server Interview

Interview

Short interview with the GM. Submit application and meet at restaurant for 5 minut conversation. Smile, talk friendly, and you'll get the job. Experience and team work count in the service industry.

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at On The Border (Naperville, IL).

Interview

Really easy. Filled out an application online and I was called for an interview later that day. I came in a few days later for the interview and was offered the job on the spot

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at On The Border (Irving, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

Interview was quiet easy I came in asked the host how to get a job she then preceded to tell the manager had an interview the next day and got hired on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Midland, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at On The Border (Midland, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Had to check back multiple times to get an interview, on my 2nd interview they never showed at all or contacted me. Later went back only to be told they hired someone else.

Interview Questions

• Call back Monday to get scheduled, nobody there monday knew anything about me.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bedford, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at On The Border (Bedford, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online and heard back right away the next day. They called me and told me when to come in for my interview. On interview day, I talked to 2 managers and got hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too hard. Just basic stuff about myself and job history   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Avon, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at On The Border (Avon, IN) in December 2015.

Interview

Very casual, quick and efficient. After interview you had an immediate response whether you would then meet with the hiring manager. The process was conducted in the dining area which was great.

Anonymous Employee in Rocky Hill, CT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at On The Border (Rocky Hill, CT) in March 2013.

Interview

It's a very easy and common interview. Your general restaurant questions are asked. If you answer them well and seem like a semi decent person, you'll get hired. They need servers so they'll hire close to anyone.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at On The Border (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Short got job on spot they wanted to know more about me and my experiences but they are willing to take on first time servers just be yourself and smile be personable because your selling the food