OnDeck Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Director, Product Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at OnDeck (New York, NY) in November 2019.

Interview

Process was quick - less than 4 weeks from the day I applied online to when I received the offer. I had to do a design thinking case study and a business case during the in person interview day. Entire process consisted of three phone interviews and 4 interviews in person.

Interview Questions

• The business case was the most difficult part of the process.   Answer Question

Dec 17, 2019 – Director, Talent Partners

Thank you for your review! We’re glad to hear that you had a positive interview experience. We know job seekers have many career opportunities to choose from, so we are thankful you took the time to consider joining the Product team at OnDeck.

It looks like you've accepted a job offer with us! Welcome to the team! Our Product team is lucky to have you. We're excited to deliver an exciting and rewarding Team Member experience to match your Interview experience. See you soon! #WeMakeItHappen

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at OnDeck (New York, NY).

Interview

personal phone screen, technical phone screen, in person panel interview, with several teams, most of the interviewing process was technical, some of it was about work process, then they asked my opinion about the interviewing process and walked me out. They were very polite.

Interview Questions

OnDeck Response

Feb 21, 2020 – Company Response

Thank you for your review! We’re glad to see that you accepted your offer - welcome to the team! If you have any feedback about what could have improved your interview experience, please reach out to our Talent Partner team.

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at OnDeck.

Interview

The process: call with HR, call with a veteran employee at On Deck, half day in person meetings.

There was an in depth portfolio review as well as a technical interview that was about how you collaborate in agile teams. Very straightforward and transparent process throughout.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between designing a consumer vs enterprise application?   Answer Question

Jan 27, 2020 – Director, Talent Partners

Thank you for your review! We’re glad to hear that you had a positive interview experience. We know job seekers have many career opportunities to choose from, so we are thankful you took the time to consider at OnDeck as your next great place to work.

It looks like you've accepted a job offer with us! Welcome to the team! Our Design team is lucky to have you. We're excited to deliver an exciting and rewarding Team Member experience to match your Interview experience. See you soon! #WeMakeItHappen

Interview

I was very impressed with the process. All people I dealt with in HR were extremely personable and professional. The recruiter I worked with was very responsive and proactive in staying in touch with me.

Interview Questions

OnDeck Response

Jan 27, 2020 – Director, Talent Partners

It looks like you've accepted a job offer with us! Welcome to the team! Our Customer Service team is lucky to have you. We're excited to deliver an exciting and rewarding Team Member experience to match your Interview experience. See you soon! #WeMakeItHappen

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OnDeck (New York, NY) in January 2020.

Interview

Begins with talking to HR recruiter who send you a Codility test. If you do well, that is if you score 100% on the test, then you get a chance to talk to the hiring manager. If the hiring manager likes what you have to say then they bring you on site. 5 rounds onsite. 1/2hr with Hiring manager, 1 hr technical, 1/2 hr with a Senior developer, 1/2 hr "values" interview and finally 1 hr technical. Let me within a day that they are not continuing with me. BEST THING EVER!

To OnDeck -
    Technical interviewers were not helpful and seemed almost disrespectful. If you are expecting a particular answer, guide the candidate towards your expected answer, instead of not saying anything and just sitting there judging the incorrect answer. Good luck!

Interview Questions

OnDeck Response

Jan 27, 2020 – Director, Talent Partners

Thank you for your review on your recent interview experience for an opportunity on our Tech team. While we strive to provide an exceptional experience for every candidate, we understand that occasionally we may miss the mark. Specifically, it's unfortunate the perception we gave you is that the Codility test must be perfect, which is not the case in our hiring practices. It helps inform our Tech team how your skills match against our current technical needs and expectations, and what gaps we may need to explore further during an onsite interview if you score at a specific threshold (i.e. 80% or lower).

While we understand your point of view about a technical interview seeming unhelpful, this approach allows us to make informed hiring decisions from a fully objective standpoint on a candidate's abilities. Regardless, your interaction with an interviewer who you then perceived as disrespectful is unacceptable, and we invite you to reach out to your Talent Partner to share this specific feedback so we can address accordingly.

We understand you and other job seekers have many career opportunities to choose from, and we can only be thankful that you took the time to explore a career opportunity with OnDeck. We try to always be conscious of and sensitive to people’s time, and don't take lightly that we let you down. While we know this response won’t change the experience you already had, we hope to change your overall perception of OnDeck.

Lending Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at OnDeck (Denver, CO) in January 2020.

Interview

I interviewed with 3 different people for 30 minutes each. Went very smoothly and everyone seemed to be well prepared. I did not get the job I interviewed for initially, but was offered a different one as they liked me as a candidate.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you experienced change, and how did you adapt to it?   Answer Question

Feb 21, 2020 – Company Response

Thank you for your review! We’re glad to see that you had a positive experience. We know job seekers have many career opportunities to choose from, so we are thankful you took the time to consider at OnDeck.

It looks like you've accepted a job offer with us! Although it may not have been the one you applied for, we're thrilled we were able to find a great fit. Welcome to the team! #WeMakeItHappen

Capital Markets Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at OnDeck (New York, NY) in December 2019.

Interview

Process spanned across 8 weeks as a result of the holiday season. The interview process included an introductory call with HR, a phone call with the hiring manager, a 3 hour on-site interview to meet with various team members, and meeting with the CFO. In-persons included a few case studies. Overall, the experience was very positive and I believe was set up to not only provide candidates a chance to understand the function and team dynamics but also the culture of OnDeck as well. HR was responsive and accommodating in scheduling follow-up meetings throughout the process. Looking forward to joining OnDeck in the new year!

Interview Questions

OnDeck Response

Jan 27, 2020 – Director, Talent Partners

It looks like you've accepted a job offer with us! Welcome to the team! Our Capital Markets team is lucky to have you. We're excited to deliver an exciting and rewarding Team Member experience to match your Interview experience. See you soon! #WeMakeItHappen

Application Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at OnDeck (Arlington, VA) in November 2019.

Interview

Interview was kept pretty brief. I had 2 phone screenings of 1 hr each , 1 coding test and 4 hours of onsite interview. The onsite interview consisted of 1 on 1 with 6 different members of the team for 30min each.

Interview Questions

OnDeck Response

Feb 21, 2020 – Company Response

It looks like you've accepted a job offer with us! We're so glad to have you on the team! #WeMakeItHappen

Lending Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OnDeck (New York, NY) in November 2019.

Interview

OnDeck's Interview process is great! I had such an amazing experience. The first step is a call with a recruiter where you get to learn about the position and OnDeck and talk about your experience. Second, you speak with one of the Direct Sales managers who essentially will be your manager, great insight on day to day on roles and company culture. Basic scenario and sale questions. Then you come in for an interview with 4 different people from different departments. I really liked this because you get to see perspective about the company from different departments plus they really make sure that you are a great fit. The final round is an interview with the executive team and a job shadow.

Overall it was an amazing experience.

Interview Questions

OnDeck Response

Dec 5, 2019 – Director, Talent Partners

It looks like you've accepted a job offer with us! Welcome to the team! Our sales team is lucky to have you. We're excited to deliver an exciting and rewarding Team Member experience to match your Interview experience. See you soon! #WeMakeItHappen

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

Interview

HR asks about your working experience and they prefered people with like 1 year working experience and are able to work on projects independently.
    The total process did not take a very long time

Interview Questions

OnDeck Response

Nov 6, 2019 – Director, Talent Partners

Thank you for your review. We’re sorry to hear that the opportunity didn’t work out but glad you had a positive interview experience regardless of the outcome – we aim to treat all our candidates with respect and are committed to transparency at all stages of our hiring process.

Please continue to apply for open positions at OnDeck that seem like a match for you, and please feel free to stay connected with our Talent Partner team regarding future opportunities. Perhaps you'll be able to make it happen with us in the future.