Ontario Power Generation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ontario Power Generation Interview Questions

Updated Sep 22, 2017

Assistant Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Ontario Power Generation.

Interview

Interviewed with 2 technical managers. interview ran for about 2 hours or a little over. Half behavioural half technical questions, about 6-8 questions each. atmosphere was relaxed and it almost became a conversation at the end.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you made a mistake, and how did it affect others/team   Answer Question

Water Resources Engineer Interview

Interview

Applied online. Invited to interview 1-2 weeks after. Went through 3 interviews 2 over the phone 1 in person. Told a decision will be made 2 weeks after but heard nothing since then. No reply for emails or phone calls. I expected a no is the answer. The interview process is okay but to be honest I felt unpleasant when I was ignored by the HR after the interview. I could have accepted other offers a lot earlier if not wait for this one. I'm wondering if anyone else had similar experience.

Interview Questions

• The questions were standard, mostly give us an example type of questions.   Answer Question

New Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pickering, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Ontario Power Generation (Pickering, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Behavioral only. There are hardly any technical questions. Be prepared about answering questions that focus on teamwork and examples you taking charge and leading a difficult situation. Why are you applying to the company ?

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to manage conflict at workplace   Answer Question

Component Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ontario Power Generation in July 2017.

Interview

It was very structured interview. 2 interviewers took turns to ask questions and wrote down notes. Half of the questions were behavior based ones, and the rest of the questions were technical ones.

Interview Questions

• Please describe the Nuclear Power Generation System.   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time you had multiple projects meeting deadline. How did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Business Analyst/Supply Chain Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pickering, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ontario Power Generation (Pickering, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I was interviewed by 2 people at OPG Pickering. Questions were non-technical in nature. They were both friendly and most of the interview like a basic conversion. I'm still waiting on a response from them.

Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ontario Power Generation in June 2017.

Interview

Applied through university and then on their website. OPG contacted me directly through e-mail and arranged a phone interview. The interview took approx. 30 mins and they asked 5-6 questions. The questions on this website were really similar!

Project Engineer/Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ontario Power Generation (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

There were two interviewers. One was the person I would report to while the other was a technical colleague. The interview lasted about an hour and the process was pleasant and cordial. There were about 10 questions most of which were behavioural in nature with a few technical ones at the end. The material on this site is good preparation for an interview

Interview Questions

• * Tell me about a time you did something that made a process more efficient
      * Describe something you did or didn't do that caused a project to go over budget
      * Describe a time you had a conflict with a co-worker and how you handled it
      * Describe a time you were given an important task on a tight schedule and how you managed it   Answer Question

Interview

Applied online. Called in for an interview approximately 2 to 3 weeks later. Was interviewed by two people - very inviting people. Lots of questions - questions that mostly in fact listed on this site via other reviews. Prepare well. Currently awaiting reply.

Interview Questions

• What are the five basic phases to a project? Where are you looking to be in five years? What can you tell us of OPG? What problems are OPG facing in the future?   Answer Question

Developmental Student Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ontario Power Generation.

Interview

Very relaxed, more of a conversation, only behavior based questions that were between ten to twelve questions with follow up questions based on the response. Described the position in depth.

Interview Questions

• What challenge does OPG face in the future?   1 Answer

Nuclear Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kingston, ON (Canada)

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ontario Power Generation (Kingston, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Got my paperwork done first with the HR reception. Standardized 5 questions that they ask everyone. Two supervisors who interviewed and wrote in the booklets. The questions were very behaviour based. Team emphasis