OpenBet Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 25, 2017

3.1

Technical Training Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens (Greece)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at OpenBet (Athens (Greece)) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied and they immediately reached to me via phone, but i could not catch the call. Then, they emailed me about why they called me and we scheduled a phone interview to quickly talked about my CV. The "quick" interview took 40 - 45 minutes and the HR made incredible positive comments on my experiences, on my teaching techniques and on my educational background.
    Then, however, she emailed me that they wanted to move on with more experienced candidates.

Interview Questions

• How do you get prepared for a class?   Answer Question
    • What techniques do you use in your classes?   Answer Question
    • How many adult learners did you teach in a class at the same time?   Answer Question
    • What kind of instructional materials do you use in a class? And, do you prepare them yourself?   Answer Question

IT Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chiswick, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OpenBet (Chiswick, England (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

The total process was in 3 stages.
    First a telephone chat just to discuss the minimum details with the internal recruiter, after a second phone interview with technical questions and at the end a physical interview on site.
    After all these interviews they checked all the references and all the documents asked and provided, also a criminal check record.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of technical question of every kind, the last interview was in total about 2 hours.
      Focused on Troubleshooting, Linux, Windows, Mac and Networking, client and server side.
      1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Athens (Greece)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OpenBet (Athens (Greece)) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview consisted of three stages; a short "getting-to-know-you"15-minute interview followed by an online test, an one hour technical interview via phone including terminology and basic programming know how (mostly theoretical) and finally a face to face interview lasting about 2-3 hours where you are given 3 algorithmic problems to solve and/or propose improvements on.

Test Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens (Greece)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at OpenBet (Athens (Greece)) in December 2015.

Interview

The whole process was reliable and structured. It consisted of: A. a quick screening via telephone, B. A 1+ hour phone interview (2 London based interviewers) C. A grilling in Athens (various questions, tests, exams etc.) realized by three interviewers: the hiring manager, a QA engineer and a S/W engineer.

Interview Questions

• Given an XML document (web service response but not a SOAP message) on which I was asked:
      1. to assert if there exist more than one persons
      2. to assert a date
      3. to describe an automated test with the SOAP UI
      4. to assert the gender (1,2) whether it is a male or female
      Answer Question
    • Mention the differences between a Java interface and an Abstract class   Answer Question
    • Databases
      1. Difference between inner and outer Join
      2. Given a relational database schema, (written on a piece of paper by hand) was asked to answer the following question: "tell me the bookstore with the most available/stocked titles of the Author “Mike”
      Note: I could hardly read the database schema because of the letters, so could I recall the question, that was orally mentioned
      Answer Question
    • If you have 589 test cases, tell which of them you would select to automate and why.   Answer Question
    • How would you write the tests, e.g. for a form submitting data to a database   Answer Question

Dev Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at OpenBet.

Interview

Applied online. Had online test. And another technical interview on campus. Interview lasted 3+ hours. Test on whiteboard. Easy but tricky questions. Interviewers are from one team but maybe you will work in another team than the one you applied for (e.g devops)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OpenBet (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Standard telephone interview, then online technical test to solve some programming problems (you can pick the language suits you), face to face interview with technical lead, development lead, development manager, question were about (DB - basic query optimisation - basic programming problems).

Interview Questions

• 1- you have the following db schema, write the following queries, then how would you optimise those queries.
      2- write a simple code to generate Fibonacci code and things like this.
      3- some more complex problems (you need to think about out loud so they can check your analysis and problem solving skills)

Software Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at OpenBet (London, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

I have applied via LinkedIn and got a phone call from their Internal Recruiter within few hours. He asked me about my experience, motivation and about the things I am looking for in my next role. I agreed to get my CV forwarded to the hiring team.

Couple of days later he phoned me again and confirmed the date for a phone interview. The phone interview was straightforward and took about 30 minutes. I got general questions related to my experience and some technical ones as well. The interview went well and they have invited me for a face-to-face one within a week.

I found the process and the people very professional. Even though I decided to accept another offer and turned down the last interview, I had positive feelings about OpenBet and I am sure it is a great place to work.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chiswick, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at OpenBet (Chiswick, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

Approached by their HR. Initially had a technical telephone interview which was quite easy.
     Invited to on-site interview which was a three hour long event with different groups of technical and HR people in succession. This followed up on topics in the telephone interview with more detail. some of the questions were quite technical and not in my area. It was quite tough swapping between questions from different people on skills .
    Quite a lot of technical test questions on the range of language and systems being used in the company .
    In the middle they then said were looking to mostly work in a new language not previously mentioned and not in my CV. Decision was that I was not technical enough for their demanding requirements, I told them that at the start so I didn't get to the formal 2nd interview.

Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chiswick, England (UK)

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at OpenBet (Chiswick, England (UK)).

Interview

Very friendly people, frist i had a telephone interview which lasted for 22 minutes. Question were all about PHP and some problem solving challenges and database questions which were detailed , not hard but either easy.

After the telephone interview they aranged a interview in their office. It took 2 to 3 hours which had all of the above and you had to write some code too.

Junior Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens (Greece)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at OpenBet (Athens (Greece)) in March 2015.

Interview

1)First stage includes online test. Implentation of small algorithms( factorial, strings, recursion etc.). You can choose any language you want.
    2)Phone Interview( C/Java basics, sql, https algorithm ).
    3)Tests in C/Java Algorithms (debugging, implementation)

Interview Questions

• C/Java code (debugging, algorithms), Unix, Http/Https, Cookies, TCP/UDP, SQL   Answer Question