OpenBet Interview Questions | Glassdoor

OpenBet Interview Questions

Updated Nov 20, 2017

3.2

Software Developer Interview

Interview

Two phone interviews​, one online test, and a face to face interview. Had to do to write a SQL query and write with a pen and paper the output of code and correct and debug the code.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project that you worked on with a team of developers.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OpenBet.

Interview

One test online. One interview call (1h) . One interview face to face (2h 30m). During the test online, it was necessary to program in HackerRank. During the phone call, you have to reply to some easy questions. During the interview face to face, you have to program different algorithms and solve some problems.

Interview Questions

• Algorthms about sorts and strings, TCP/IP, MySQL, OOP questions and programs   Answer Question

Software Engineer L2 Interview

Anonymous Employee in Athens (Greece)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OpenBet (Athens (Greece)) in May 2017.

Interview

So the interview was 4 steps. The first is just a phone call in order to meet each other. The second is 5 online test which will have 1 hour. You can use any language that you want and they are pretty simple. The third is a phone call which at least 30 min. They will ask you everything about Web, Applications, Databases. The hardest are the last one. It's a 3-hour interview with several problems, algorithms, databases etc etc. Don't worry they don't solve them all, they just want to see how are you thinging.

Technical Training Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens (Greece)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at OpenBet (Athens (Greece)) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied and they immediately reached to me via phone, but i could not catch the call. Then, they emailed me about why they called me and we scheduled a phone interview to quickly talked about my CV. The "quick" interview took 40 - 45 minutes and the HR made incredible positive comments on my experiences, on my teaching techniques and on my educational background.
    Then, however, she emailed me that they wanted to move on with more experienced candidates.

Interview Questions

• How do you get prepared for a class?   Answer Question
    • What techniques do you use in your classes?   Answer Question
    • How many adult learners did you teach in a class at the same time?   Answer Question
    • What kind of instructional materials do you use in a class? And, do you prepare them yourself?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Athens (Greece)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at OpenBet (Athens (Greece)) in April 2017.

Interview

Phone screen, then online test, detailed technical phone interview, in person technical interview, in person second interview.
    There was a mix of easy and difficult questions, covering a lot of different areas

Interview Questions

• Brainstorming session over a few algorithmic problems in technical interview.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at OpenBet in January 2017.

Interview

I have been contacted from their internal recruiter. It all started with a phone interview where I talked about myself. Then I had to complete in 1 hour a skill test through an online platform. About 5 excercises of problem solving in my favorite programming language. Despite I passed the test they told me that my profile was not they were looking for.

IT Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chiswick, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OpenBet (Chiswick, England (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

The total process was in 3 stages.
    First a telephone chat just to discuss the minimum details with the internal recruiter, after a second phone interview with technical questions and at the end a physical interview on site.
    After all these interviews they checked all the references and all the documents asked and provided, also a criminal check record.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of technical question of every kind, the last interview was in total about 2 hours.
      Focused on Troubleshooting, Linux, Windows, Mac and Networking, client and server side.   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at OpenBet (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in April 2016.

Interview

Very long and completed interview. Many steps! First with 3 phone interviews, 2 with 2 different HRs and one tech with the team leader. Mostly Algorithm questions, but they will let you coding though phone. One online coding test with after the HR but before the team leader. After that still 2 rounds onsite interviews.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Athens (Greece)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OpenBet (Athens (Greece)) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview consisted of three stages; a short "getting-to-know-you"15-minute interview followed by an online test, an one hour technical interview via phone including terminology and basic programming know how (mostly theoretical) and finally a face to face interview lasting about 2-3 hours where you are given 3 algorithmic problems to solve and/or propose improvements on.

Test Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens (Greece)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at OpenBet (Athens (Greece)) in December 2015.

Interview

The whole process was reliable and structured. It consisted of: A. a quick screening via telephone, B. A 1+ hour phone interview (2 London based interviewers) C. A grilling in Athens (various questions, tests, exams etc.) realized by three interviewers: the hiring manager, a QA engineer and a S/W engineer.

Interview Questions

• Given an XML document (web service response but not a SOAP message) on which I was asked:
      1. to assert if there exist more than one persons
      2. to assert a date
      3. to describe an automated test with the SOAP UI
      4. to assert the gender (1,2) whether it is a male or female   Answer Question
    • Mention the differences between a Java interface and an Abstract class   Answer Question
    • Databases
      1. Difference between inner and outer Join
      2. Given a relational database schema, (written on a piece of paper by hand) was asked to answer the following question: "tell me the bookstore with the most available/stocked titles of the Author “Mike”
      Note: I could hardly read the database schema because of the letters, so could I recall the question, that was orally mentioned   Answer Question
    • If you have 589 test cases, tell which of them you would select to automate and why.   Answer Question
    • How would you write the tests, e.g. for a form submitting data to a database   Answer Question