OpenLink Financial Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 26, 2017

2.8

Client Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stillwater, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at OpenLink Financial (Stillwater, OK) in October 2016.

Interview

Overall, the interview process at OpenLink was well structured and laid back. Almost everyone I interviewed with had been with the company for nearly a decade. Great company culture and nice office space.

After my on-campus interview, I was invited for a second round interview. This second interview involved meeting with senior members of the department I was applying for, followed by an opportunity to shadow someone who currently held the position I was applying for.

Everyone I spoke with was very friendly and easy going. Interview questions consisted mainly of a combination between "tell me about at time when..." and "tell me about your experience with", along with basic questions about your resume.

Interview Questions

Interview

Interviewed for technical and people skills.
    Programming concepts questions.
    Ability to work as a consultant was reviewed.
    Test in paper format about SQL fundamentals.
    Interview by hiring manager was not so technical.
    Interview by HR manager also.

Interview environment very relaxed.
    People very friendly on the outside.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OpenLink Financial.

Interview

I came in, took a logic test, took a programming test then my manager reviewed it. It took the entire day. After the test, they reviewed it ans asked me questions related to my background.

Interview Questions

• They asked me a question regarding an algorithm which I knew nothing about. It was very complex and I think they asked as a curve ball.   Answer Question

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OpenLink Financial (Houston, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

met at career fair exchanged resume and words. Very nice guy.
    Was sent a coding problem that could be written in c# or java.
    have to send it back within an hour. emailed back with a follow up interview.
    face to face interview was with person from career fair.
    short and brief just going through resume no technical questions.
    Then HR person came in to explain that if considered it will be for an internship for 3-6 months and then depending on performance you can be hired permanently if not then dropped.
    Got a response a few days later I did not make the cut.

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OpenLink Financial (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

The interviewer was polite and considerate. The questions were easy and if you have understood your basics you will crack the interview. It is easy to get through the phone screening.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in the Financial Services Industry?   Answer Question

Client Support Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OpenLink Financial in September 2015.

Interview

Very strange process. Applied online, and was contacted directly by the hiring manager to set up a phone interview. Interviewed over with two individuals via telephone over two separate days, but received a rejection email a few days later. Another few days later I received a call from the talent recruiter who had posted the job on LinkedIn. I advised him that I had been turned down by the hiring manager and he seemed unaware of that fact, and insinuated I was still in consideration.

I followed up a few days later with the recruiter, who did not return any communication. Overall a strange process and seemingly disorganized on their end.

Business Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OpenLink Financial.

Interview

First was the HR round where I was explained about the details of the job and my qualifications and some questions from my resume. Next was an onsite interview. It was general and easy. 3 people interviewed from various backgrounds and most of it was from my resume and previous work experience.

Interview Questions

• What is a call and put option?
      A few brain teasers..
      What is your 5 year plan?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Uniondale, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OpenLink Financial (Uniondale, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview started off with two tests, to be done in a span of 40 minutes. The first test was a general programming test with a focus on C/C++ as well as debugging code. The second test focused on Java and Object Oriented Programming. Once completing the two tests, members from different teams came to the interview room to go over the test results and ask further questions. The entire process took roughly 6 hours due to the number of teams wanting to hire interns. Bring multiple copies of your resume.

Interview Questions

• What is the O(n) time complexity of any operation on a binary search tree?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at OpenLink Financial in February 2015.

Interview

Got a referral from an employee. I sent him my resume and 4-5 weeks later received an email about scheduling an interview. The interview was with my would-be team lead. It was pretty general and she asked me standard questions. There were a few technical aspects to it but it was all pretty broad, they just wanted to know you understood the fundamentals.

Interview Questions

• Do you know what polymorphism is and can you explain it?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at OpenLink Financial.

Interview

I got a phone interview and an on-site interview. The phone interview went through my resume and asked me about java and C basic knowledge. For the on-site interview, they asked me to finish two tests based on java and C. After that, recruiter went through my answer and asked some questions.

Interview Questions

• The tests are not difficult if you are familiar with programming in java and c   Answer Question