Optym Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Optym Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Optym

3.7

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Optym in October 2014.

Interview

Hiring process is pretty tough, perhaps the toughest technical interview I have given so far. I applied on campus.
1. Had to take two written test for 3 hours each. Focused on graph algorithms and logical reasoning questions and some coding exercise.
2. Interviewed next day on-campus (first interview). Asked only algorithms, they did not ask me to code or anything. Questions started with easy ones like print the word that occurred maximum number of time in a string (I used hash map), validate an expression (I used stack), find a number in a sorted matrix. Also, I was asked runtime for all.
3. Talked to CTO who invited me onsite in Gainsville, Florida.
4. Written test for 3 hours.
5. Seven round of interview for half an hour each. YES SEVEN!!!
6. Interview questions related to graph algorithm, prim algo, dijkstra shortest path, network flows, knapsack, dynamic programming etc.
7. Talked to CEO who extended the offer. He is polite and courteous.

I got the offer within one week of the final round.

Great team of individuals. Very intelligent and learned. It is a great office to learn and grow.

Interview Questions

• There was a haloween team lunch and I was asked "what is the purpose of life". I think they ask that question to everyone. I don't think I was judged on the answer I gave to that question.   Answer Question

Had a better offer.

Other Interview Reviews for Optym

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Optym (Gainesville, FL) in November 2015.

Interview

On site interview with 3 hours coding question in the morning and 5 round 1-to-1 interview in the afternoon. Have lunch with other employees. Then I was asked to introduce myself to other employee during lunch time.

Interview Questions

• Prim's algorithm, ADO.NET database, reverse string of words, abstract interface vs. abstract class   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Optym (Gainesville, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

Four Rounds of Interview spanning more than a month, received a mail to attend the last round on the next day, which i could not as i was not physically available , the interview was conducted with other candidates and the result was finalized, felt the process was unfair.

Interview Questions

• Lot of programming questions involving Graphs, Advance data structures such as R-trees.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Optym.

Interview

The interview process is very very slow, It may cost half a year, and the problem is not easy,first you get a 3 hour exams which consists about 10 coding exercise, and then after about 2 month, they email you to next step, and ask a lot of Java 8 and Java Lamda expression, and get a Thank you letter after the on site interview. Negative experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Optym (Gainesville, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

I got the interview in the career fair and the whole process took one day. It was like a school exam. You are given several pieces of paper with problems, including some brainteaser and programming problem. You are asked to write pseudocode to solve the problems.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Optym (Gainesville, FL) in March 2018.

Interview

There were 2 rounds- one onesite and another on phone. The interviewing focused on general algorithmic proficiency and OOP concepts like explain inheritance and data encapsulation. It also focused extensively on your ability to solve OR questions

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Optym (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

Interview process was very long, stretching for around 4 months from mid of January to May.
    3 online rounds+1 online test +2 Face To Face rounds.
    All focusing on Data Structure and Algorithms and Databases(very little) and some Puzzles.
    DS & Algo (trees, Linked Lists, DP, Backtracking).
    Databases(writing queries).
    They just wanted to check that, can you think logically, efficient solutions to a problem and can you write code.

Some Q's are :-

Interview Questions

• Design a stack that supports getMin() in O(1) time and O(1) extra space.   1 Answer
    • Sort an array of 0s, 1s and 2s.   1 Answer
    • Given an array A[] and a number x, check for pair in A[] with sum as x.   1 Answer
    • In-depth knowledge of OOPs Concepts.   1 Answer