Orbitz Worldwide Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Orbitz Worldwide Interview Questions

Interviews at Orbitz Worldwide

Sort:

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Orbitz Worldwide in June 2014.

Interview

Referals are big here. I interviewed over the phone first with someone from HR that took about 30 minutes outlining past experiences and why I want to work at Orbitz. After getting through the phone interview, I came to the Chicago office and interviewed with 4 different sales people whom are now on my team. One of the interviews was over the phone with a main executive in the Chicago office.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot about overcoming objections and how you would answer when someone says no.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Orbitz Worldwide (Chicago, IL) in April 2013.

Interview

Interview was tough. Had 4 people come into the room i was interviewing in over the course of 4 hours. Asked a wide range of questions to determine culture, work ethic, abilities and knowledge about the business and industry.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Orbitz Worldwide in November 2014.

Interview

Was standing in line for another company at our university career fair when a couple of Orbitz recruiters walked through the line asking for resumes. Having extra copies on hand, I gave the recruiter one (never decline opportunities when you're looking for one!). A few weeks later, I was granted an on-campus interview. On-campus interview consisted of a few behavioral questions and 3 standard technical coding questions that tested you on CS fundamentals (data structures and algorithms) and was conducted by a product manager and a software engineer. A week later, I was sent an e-mail for a coding assessment. The coding assessment tested you on CS fundamentals, but focused on graph searching. Orbitz gave 2 days on the coding assessment. About a week later, I was invited for an on-site interview. From the information I received, Orbitz pays for travel costs and hotel accommodations, but candidates are required to arrange for their own travel. However, I already had a job offer from a company I liked better and had a more competitive compensation package (based on what I know from Glassdoor's posted averages for Orbitz), so I declined the on-site interview request.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected behavioral: "If you were on Mars, what would be 3 items you would want to have and why?" (This was unexpected but fun!)

The technical questions weren't particularly challenging; you just had to have a good handle on the fundamentals.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Orbitz Worldwide (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Company's Culture Night->School's job fair->Code Test->Onsite
    Before the onsite, there will be a big bowling game night. In the interviewing day, there will be special guests to give you a speech, There will be two parts of interview, one is tech test, another is behavior test.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Orbitz Worldwide in October 2014.

Interview

I submitted my resume to Orbitz during campus job fair, and was scheduled a campus interview two weeks later. The interview is half behavioral and half technical. The behavioral questions are very general ones like what's the most difficult time in your life and how you solve it. What if you have conflict with your team member. The technical questions are not difficult, including basic concept about binary search tree.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Orbitz Worldwide (Chicago, IL) in October 2013.

Interview

Applied through college job fair where I met with some technical person from Orbitz and he asked and inquired about my skills and projects I have done and then took my resume, After almost 3 days, I got a email asking me to schedule a interview with them and was given a range of dates to select from. The interview happened at my university's career center.

Interview Questions

• The interview started with a behavioral test where I was asked questions such as most difficult time of your life etc.

Then the technical interview started where I was asked questions on Binary trees and search. Heaps. Was given a simple code to debug and a coding question to find some permutations of a given set of numbers.

I was always asked if I knew some concept before asking questions on them and they were alright with me not knowing everything.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Orbitz Worldwide (Chicago, IL) in November 2013.

Interview

Applied through college career fair. On campus interview next day. Then a coding test which is very easy. Then on-site interview involving 2 rounds. Very easy questions but they have a weird way of selecting candidates.

Interview Questions

• The technical interview is extremely easy. Lots and lots of behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Orbitz Worldwide (Chicago, IL) in October 2013.

Interview

Met with the Orbitz team at campus career fair and applied for the position through campus career website. I was short-listed for an on-campus interview 10 days later. The interview was one hour long; 30 mins behavioural and 30 mins Technical. Typical behavioural questions were asked. THe technical questions were completely Data Structures and Java Programming. A week later received a call from HR and was send a programming assignment to submit within 2 days. Then got a call for on-site interview. The interview for 2 hours long with 1 hour behavioural and 1 hour Technical. Be prepared to write code and algorithms. Same 4-5 questions asked for all candidates. There were around 80 candidates from across different Colleges interview for around 20 positions. The rest of the day, the CEO and CTO gave speeches and there was lunch. IT was an all day event.

Interview Questions

• General Behavioural questions
      How can you represent QR Code in a program?
      Array manipulation Programs   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I interviewed at Orbitz Worldwide (Chicago, IL) in November 2013.

Interview

Applied through university job board, and got an on-campus interview, in which they asked about LCA of two nodes in BST and debugging a code snippet. Then I was given a coding problem which was required to finish within a week. I was invited to onsite interview after that. the onsite interview was about QR code, bloom filter, negative), contiguous
    sequence with the largest sum problems.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Orbitz Worldwide (Chicago, IL) in November 2009.

Interview

I got this interview from Campus Career Center. The first interview is on campus with 2 interviewer asking me about some common questions and math questions. The following week I got pass to onsite interview in Chicago. The interview consists of behavior, technical and 1:1 interview. There are 5 questions in technical test: 1, given a rand() which only generate random number from 1~5, create a random generator can generate random number from 1~7. 2. Given a cell phone panel consists of 9 buttons which there are letters on each number key as the real cell phone, create a function can translate sequence of letters to numbers. 3. Create a function to judge if a linked list is a circle or not. 4. Convert a formulate in inverse poland sequence into normal formula, ex. 523+* into 5* 2+3. I forgot the last one sorry.

About the behavior, nothing to say, common questions. About the 1:1 interview. They asked me about Java about hashtable, how to distribute requests to different servers, garbage collection. I did not get that offer because I did so bad in the 1:1 interview. I am bad at Java.

So pity.

Interview Questions

• How to distribute requests to different servers?   1 Answer