Orbitz Worldwide Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Orbitz Worldwide Interview Questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Orbitz Worldwide (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

The on-site interview includes 2 rounds. The first round asked me some behavior questions, like how to deal with the relationship between you and colleages or you and supervisors. And the second round asked me some technical questions like Java basic and algorithm. And I was given a paper to wirte down the pseudocode about the question.

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Orbitz Worldwide (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I met the recruiting team on campus and had a campus interview the next day. The questions were some typical behavior questions plus two basic algorithm questions. Then I was moved forward to the next step to complete a coding challenge within 2 days and had the onsite interview finally. There were two stages in the onsite interview. One was behavior and the other was technical. The technical problems weren't so hard, just make sure that you present your idea clearly.

The people there were really kind and nice. I felt comfortable during the whole interview process and didn't felt stressed nor exhausted. However, I decided to accept another company's offer so I decline it.

Interview Questions

• What's your stressed out experience and how did you solve that?
      Have you ever planned out something and achieved that goal successfully?
      How do you handle conflicts with your teammates?
      Given two strings s and t, determine if they are isomorphic.
      Given some constraints, check the validity of a password.
      Construct Binary Tree from Preorder and Inorder Traversal
      Some questions about hashmap.
      Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Orbitz Worldwide.

Interview

The hiring process was great--great communication along the whole way. I got a phone call with a hiring manager and they bought me in and I interviewed four people, including the hiring manager. I knew something was wrong when they asked me questions like "What do you like to do?" and "How do you feel about data" I was not asked one technical question. Then I met the hiring manager and she gave me a case. Although they were literally all white and similarly-aged and from the Midwest, they were all nice and I felt positive, though in the back of my mind, I was confused by why it was so easy. This can't be right? Well, the next day, I got an email saying I did great, but they were hiring an internal candidate.

Now it's easy to assume that because I didn't get the offer, I'm bitter. This is really not the case because if the interview was hard or I didn't get along with the interviewers, then I get it. I'm not qualified. This is like my 900th rodeo, and I've had plenty of bad interviews. That being said, WHAT THE HECK. If Orbitz knew the entire time that they were hiring an internal candidate, WHY INTERVIEW ME. Why make me take off a (precious) day off work, why make me waste 4 hours being interviewed by people who don't even ask serious questions? And the thing is, I actually read another similar incident on Glassdoor and didn't think it would apply to me. But it did.

The problem with Orbitz HR is that they have to interview external candidates to get their quotas in. But they have no intention of hiring you. It's just good for their internal metrics. And I don't blame the HR people--maybe that's what the higher ups told them to do. But to the hiring manager: I can hope you sleep well at night. I hope you enjoy doing this to people. I hope your internal candidate is everything you ever wished for.

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Orbitz Worldwide (Chicago, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

Met with recruiter in job fair and received a call to setup on-campus interview. It was a panel interview with two very rude and unprofessional interviewers. When you show up to the interview, it will be 2 on 1 interview. They asked some basic behavioral questions then give you a coding quiz. During the quiz, one of the interviewers was very rude and kept trying to provoke you into a verbal sparring match. Very unprofessional and condescending infantile attitude. Lack of discipline is apparent in interviewer attitude. Interviewers should respect people as people. Recommend people steer clear of this one.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Orbitz Worldwide (Chicago, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

I got the interview from our school job fair. Then they gave me a on campus interview. The questions are about algorithm like linklist,arraylist, and binary tree. If you do not know how to do it, just try to follow the interviewer and try to solve the question. And they will ask the time complexity as well.

Interview Questions

• how to verify password is valid   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Orbitz Worldwide in November 2015.

Interview

The first round was oncampus and it was a simultaneous technical and behavioral round. The second was a take home project and the final was an onsite interview. The first round is pretty simple where they asked me to write code on a piece of paper for simple tasks and the behavioral questions were the usual ones you can find on the internet. The take home project was also simple and could be done over the weekend. I did not qualify for the last round. They do not inform if candidates are eliminated, so if you don't hear from them, you can safely assume you are eliminated.

Software Engineer II Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Orbitz Worldwide.

Interview

Coding round
    Face to face tech interview
    Behavioural round

Coding question was easy to solve but the emphasis was most likely on the programming skills/test coverage/cleanliness of design etc. Face to face tech interview did not cover a lot of range but how thorough the candidate is with concepts was probably evaluated. Behaviourial was straight forward.

Interview Questions

• Code a sorting service to sort hotels by different sorting criteria.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Orbitz Worldwide (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

It's an on-campus interview, one hour, 15 min behavior, 45 min technical, mainly data structures. However, the technical interview lasts 1 hour or so. The behavior mainly asked about what's the experience being in a group as a lead and as a member. The technical interview mainly show the interviewer what data structure would you use to address different problems, such as hashmap, linkedlist, array, etc.

Interview Questions

• One interesting question is that what data structure would you use to design an least used cache (LSU).   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Orbitz Worldwide (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

On campus interview, 45 minutes, half behavior, half technical.

For the behavior part, most challenging project; how you would lead the team; how would you cooperate with others;

for the technical part, some string manipulation, lru cache.

The interview was going well, and I passed the first round, but got rejected the second round, which was a offline coding assignment.

Interview Questions

• most challenging project; how you would lead the team; how would you cooperate with others; some string manipulation, lru cache.   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Orbitz Worldwide (Chicago, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

Quite extensive, 1 recruiter through linkedin, 1 tech phone screen, then a 4 hour onsite interview with multiple teams. Personality fit, skills review and several team leads interviewed to match up with their teams.

Interview Questions

• Nothing specifically was difficult, very basic details about programming, process logic and markup.   Answer Question