Cover image for Orchard Supply Hardware

Is this your company?

Add an Interview

Orchard Supply Hardware Interview Questions

Updated May 18, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 74 of over 74 interviews

Employee Referral6%
2.2
HardAverageEasy

Orchard Supply Hardware

Application

I interviewed at Orchard Supply Hardware

Interview

I spoke with a company recruiter on a 30-minute screening call and had one hour in person interview with the hiring manager. I heard back on the position within one week and was offered the job.

Interview Questions
  • What experience do you have working in retail?
    Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Modesto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Orchard Supply Hardware (Modesto, CA) in Feb 2018

Interview

the interview process was easy not to hard or hard questions got accepted for the job offer on the spot and got hired. the questions is very not something that will thru you off but its very easy and simple interview questions i got the phone call in 2 days and got a phone screen then got scheduled for a interview at the store

Interview Questions
  • when was the last time you went beyond your customer service

Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Orchard Supply Hardware (Lakewood, CA) in Feb 2018

Interview

They want to know that you will be there for their customers. They are very customer oriented. Do not bother applying if you will not actively seek out customers, and help them with their every need.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Orchard Supply Hardware

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Orchard Supply Hardware

Interview

Was a pretty typical interview. Sat in the conference room and basically had a chat. I answered the questions honestly and directly. There were a few surprising questions but nothing that would throw a person off.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Coral Springs, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Orchard Supply Hardware (Coral Springs, FL) in Sep 2017

Interview

They asked about experiences I had about team work and problem solving. But only because it was my first job.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Orchard Supply Hardware

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Orchard Supply Hardware

Interview

It was a simple interview with questions that were face to face and direct. The store manager was the one who interviewed me up in his office. It was a day full of open interviews where many people were walking in. He contacted me for a follow up interview the day after open interviews/

Interview Questions
  • What hours are you willing to work?

Anonymous Employee in Joondalup

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Orchard Supply Hardware (Joondalup) in May 2017

Interview

Easy- was taken in and asked simple questions, accepted for a job and loved the customer experience and teamwork and it was absolutely amazing and would love anyone else to apply yes

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Monterey, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Orchard Supply Hardware (Monterey, CA)

Interview

I applied online and then got an initial phone interview a week later. I think it was corporate offices, they asked simple questions about experience and availability. Then I got an offer to interview with the store manager. It took around 10 minutes and included typical retail interview questions. The manager was very friendly and polite in the interview. It took another few weeks to get a call back with an offer.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Orchard Supply Hardware

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Orchard Supply Hardware

Interview

Got a call with in a few days of applying that the person wanted to discuss this position and possibly another with me. I called back within 3 hours and left a voicemail. Called again the next afternoon just in case and left another message. Got an email saying the position was filled about a week and a half later. Interesting...

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Orchard Supply Hardware (San Jose, CA) in Feb 2017

Interview

I applied online and received a call the next day. Did a quick HR interview and was scheduled for an in person interview the following week. It was about three hours long, three separate panel interviews with two people each. All questions were behavioral so you have to have a lot of specific past situational examples. Then also had an excel test of six questions. Each interview and the excel test was 45 min each. After the interview it took a couple weeks for them to get back with a decision.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us a time when you were working on a project and it didn't go as planned.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 74 Interviews

Orchard Supply Hardware Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Orchard Supply Hardware as 81.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.17 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Sales Associate and Cashier Orchard Supply rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Cashier and Sales Associate/Cashier/StockRoom roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Orchard Supply Hardware takes an average of 17 days when considering 82 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Sales Associate/Cashier/StockRoom had the quickest hiring process (on average 9 days), whereas Cashier roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 20 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Orchard Supply Hardware according to 82 Glassdoor interviews include:

One on One Interview: 22.28%