Orchard Supply Hardware Interview Questions

Updated Jan 11, 2020

To filter interviews, or .
Found 73 of over 73 interviews

Employee Referral6%
2.2
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Employee in Modesto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Orchard Supply Hardware (Modesto, CA) in Feb 2018

Interview

the interview process was easy not to hard or hard questions got accepted for the job offer on the spot and got hired. the questions is very not something that will thru you off but its very easy and simple interview questions i got the phone call in 2 days and got a phone screen then got scheduled for a interview at the store

Interview Questions
  • when was the last time you went beyond your customer service
    2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Orchard Supply Hardware (Lakewood, CA) in Feb 2018

Interview

They want to know that you will be there for their customers. They are very customer oriented. Do not bother applying if you will not actively seek out customers, and help them with their every need.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Orchard Supply Hardware

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Orchard Supply Hardware

Interview

Was a pretty typical interview. Sat in the conference room and basically had a chat. I answered the questions honestly and directly. There were a few surprising questions but nothing that would throw a person off.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Coral Springs, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Orchard Supply Hardware (Coral Springs, FL) in Sep 2017

Interview

They asked about experiences I had about team work and problem solving. But only because it was my first job.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Orchard Supply Hardware

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Orchard Supply Hardware

Interview

It was a simple interview with questions that were face to face and direct. The store manager was the one who interviewed me up in his office. It was a day full of open interviews where many people were walking in. He contacted me for a follow up interview the day after open interviews/

Interview Questions
  • What hours are you willing to work?

Anonymous Employee in Joondalup

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Orchard Supply Hardware (Joondalup) in May 2017

Interview

Easy- was taken in and asked simple questions, accepted for a job and loved the customer experience and teamwork and it was absolutely amazing and would love anyone else to apply yes

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Monterey, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Orchard Supply Hardware (Monterey, CA)

Interview

I applied online and then got an initial phone interview a week later. I think it was corporate offices, they asked simple questions about experience and availability. Then I got an offer to interview with the store manager. It took around 10 minutes and included typical retail interview questions. The manager was very friendly and polite in the interview. It took another few weeks to get a call back with an offer.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Orchard Supply Hardware

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Orchard Supply Hardware

Interview

Got a call with in a few days of applying that the person wanted to discuss this position and possibly another with me. I called back within 3 hours and left a voicemail. Called again the next afternoon just in case and left another message. Got an email saying the position was filled about a week and a half later. Interesting...

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Orchard Supply Hardware (San Jose, CA) in Feb 2017

Interview

I applied online and received a call the next day. Did a quick HR interview and was scheduled for an in person interview the following week. It was about three hours long, three separate panel interviews with two people each. All questions were behavioral so you have to have a lot of specific past situational examples. Then also had an excel test of six questions. Each interview and the excel test was 45 min each. After the interview it took a couple weeks for them to get back with a decision.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us a time when you were working on a project and it didn't go as planned.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Orchard Supply Hardware (Huntington Beach, CA) in Nov 2016

Interview

Had a phone screening with an HR Specialist and afterward she added my name for the hiring event taking place the next week for a new store in my area. She was pleasant, but I don't have anything else on her. The hiring event, as expected, was a whirlwind. I planned on arriving on the second of the two days of the hiring event. When I got there, I was met by an associate who led me to my first interviewer. She had a checklist which she breezed through while referring to my resume. She only asked a few questions. I only had a chance to ask one question before she told me to return to the waiting area for someone to take me to my next interviewer. The second interviewer asked me customer service scenario questions, about 3 or 4, and a personal character type question.

Interview Questions
  • Something along the lines of, "What was your greatest challenge (e.g. school, work, personal, etc.), and how did you overcome it?"
  • A customer complains that another associate had recommended the wrong product which ends up being damaged. They have their receipt. What do you do?
1 person found this interview helpful