Orchard Supply Hardware Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 23, 2017

2.3

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Monterey, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Orchard Supply Hardware (Monterey, CA).

Interview

I applied online and then got an initial phone interview a week later. I think it was corporate offices, they asked simple questions about experience and availability. Then I got an offer to interview with the store manager. It took around 10 minutes and included typical retail interview questions. The manager was very friendly and polite in the interview. It took another few weeks to get a call back with an offer.

Merchandise Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Orchard Supply Hardware.

Interview

Got a call with in a few days of applying that the person wanted to discuss this position and possibly another with me. I called back within 3 hours and left a voicemail. Called again the next afternoon just in case and left another message. Got an email saying the position was filled about a week and a half later. Interesting...

Inventory Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Orchard Supply Hardware (San Jose, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received a call the next day. Did a quick HR interview and was scheduled for an in person interview the following week. It was about three hours long, three separate panel interviews with two people each. All questions were behavioral so you have to have a lot of specific past situational examples. Then also had an excel test of six questions. Each interview and the excel test was 45 min each. After the interview it took a couple weeks for them to get back with a decision.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when you were working on a project and it didn't go as planned.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate but they wouldn't budge on salary offered. They answered all my other questions before I made my decision.

Recruiting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Orchard Supply Hardware (San Jose, CA).

Interview

I applied online, a Recruiter called me 2 days later and left me a voicemail. I tried to call her back twice over the next week and even tracked down her email address to try and schedule a call but she never got back to me via phone or email. As a professional Recruiter myself, I can honestly say that I have never treated any candidate this way. Highly unprofessional and disorganized.

HR Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Orchard Supply Hardware (San Jose, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I received a call for a phone interview the following day. I was called and I was suprised how the recuritor talked to me. She was nice but I felt her decision about my answer was not accurate. I am following the direction of the company I was at. Every company does things a little different

Interview Questions

• Have had to deal with Employee behavior problems   1 Answer

Clerical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Orchard Supply Hardware (Huntington Beach, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Had a phone screening with an HR Specialist and afterward she added my name for the hiring event taking place the next week for a new store in my area. She was pleasant, but I don't have anything else on her.
    The hiring event, as expected, was a whirlwind. I planned on arriving on the second of the two days of the hiring event. When I got there, I was met by an associate who led me to my first interviewer. She had a checklist which she breezed through while referring to my resume. She only asked a few questions. I only had a chance to ask one question before she told me to return to the waiting area for someone to take me to my next interviewer. The second interviewer asked me customer service scenario questions, about 3 or 4, and a personal character type question.

Interview Questions

• Something along the lines of, "What was your greatest challenge (e.g. school, work, personal, etc.), and how did you overcome it?"   Answer Question
    • A customer complains that another associate had recommended the wrong product which ends up being damaged. They have their receipt. What do you do?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Orchard Supply Hardware in October 2016.

Interview

Didn't even get to have an interview. I was scheduled for an interview at 10 but once I got there they told me that the person who does the interviews doesn't come till after 2. How unprofessional! They could've called me or sent me an email letting me know that!

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Orchard Supply Hardware (New York, NY).

Interview

The woman who interviewed me was very nice. She made me feel very comfortable. She was easy to talk to and she asked me simple interview questions. I didn't get the job because of my school schedule, but she was kind enough to call me after my interview and tell me why she couldn't move forward with me. I really appreciated that.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Orchard Supply Hardware (East Los Angeles, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Short, not at all well-thought-out, structured or developed. It's mostly about "getting new bodies in" to deal with "employee churn" and "burnout rate" for rank-and-file Sales Associates as well as Sales Leads and Department Heads.

Interview Questions

• Do you have ANY previous retail experience?   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Orchard Supply Hardware (San Diego, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process is a very easy and great experience. It's three phases. Each one different and each one geard at giving the company a great look at their candidate.