Orchard Supply Hardware Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.2

Sort:

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Leandro, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Orchard Supply Hardware (San Leandro, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

first was a telephone interview and then followed by a 3-panel interview question, very relaxed, District HR, District Manager and Store Manager. Each asked questions. asked about 3 questions each, I was made an offer later that week

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project I was in charge of, how did I delegate and get people motivated   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Orchard Supply Hardware (San Jose, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

I had a 3 person panel interview discussing my resume, precious experience and how my previous roles would be beneficial for Osh. They discussed specifics as well as broad topics

Interview Questions

• What does Legendary Customer Service mean to you?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Millbrae, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Orchard Supply Hardware (Millbrae, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Asked about skills, and scenarios that would speak about your personality.You would take a written test, and also safety protocols. They basically don't want an idiot working around slightly dangerous things. Otherwise it was very friendly and straightforward

Stock Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Orchard Supply Hardware (San Jose, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

Waited in the break room and was called in minutes later by the manager. Went into an office where we had an interview on a one-to-one basis. Was a very easy process

Inventory Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Orchard Supply Hardware (San Jose, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received a call the next day. Did a quick HR interview and was scheduled for an in person interview the following week. It was about three hours long, three separate panel interviews with two people each. All questions were behavioral so you have to have a lot of specific past situational examples. Then also had an excel test of six questions. Each interview and the excel test was 45 min each. After the interview it took a couple weeks for them to get back with a decision.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when you were working on a project and it didn't go as planned.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate but they wouldn't budge on salary offered. They answered all my other questions before I made my decision.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Orchard Supply Hardware.

Interview

Was a pretty typical interview. Sat in the conference room and basically had a chat. I answered the questions honestly and directly. There were a few surprising questions but nothing that would throw a person off.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Orchard Supply Hardware (New York, NY).

Interview

The woman who interviewed me was very nice. She made me feel very comfortable. She was easy to talk to and she asked me simple interview questions. I didn't get the job because of my school schedule, but she was kind enough to call me after my interview and tell me why she couldn't move forward with me. I really appreciated that.

Anonymous Employee in Moraga, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Orchard Supply Hardware (Moraga, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

Pretty straight forward. An assistant manager called me and invited me in. He asked me a lot of typical questions about past jobs, availability, strengths, weaknesses. None of it was unexpected and he was a good interviewer for the most part.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about constant social interaction.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clovis, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Orchard Supply Hardware (Clovis, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied in Oct. 2015, got called for an interview in February 2016. Really basic interview and very straightforward.The interviewer was really nice and made me feel comfortable. When I first got there though, I felt really uncomfortable by the other workers. Never got called even though they said they would call me in a week.

Anonymous Employee in Monterey, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Orchard Supply Hardware (Monterey, CA).

Interview

I applied online and then got an initial phone interview a week later. I think it was corporate offices, they asked simple questions about experience and availability. Then I got an offer to interview with the store manager. It took around 10 minutes and included typical retail interview questions. The manager was very friendly and polite in the interview. It took another few weeks to get a call back with an offer.