Orrick Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Orrick

2.5

Sort:

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Orrick (New York, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews - one with associates, one with partners. Also met with HR. Very relaxed, as Orrick is known for its less corporate culture. In total, I believe I met with five associates, three partners, and three people from HR - all of whom were extremely nice. Be prepared going into the interviews to know exactly why you want to work as a paralegal and why you want to work at Orrick.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Orrick?

What do you think this job entails?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Orrick (Menlo Park, CA).

Interview

Interviewed by staff and attorneys. Fair questioning process and everybody is very friendly. They make sure that you meet everybody you would potentially work with. Everything seems very harmonic amongst each other. Not sure if that is just show but it seemed real.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions at all. Standard questions. Mostly they talk about their work and what they expect from you.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Orrick (New York, NY) in May 2010.

Interview

Spoke with paralegal supervisor, then met with 2 Attorneys & 3 paralegals.
    the interviews took a long time, maybe 2 hrs in total.
    ask typical questions. they were very friendly and were easy to talk to. They were willing to answer my questions.
    loved the office and the people. seemed like a team oriented environment.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Orrick (New York, NY).

Interview

One day of interview with 3 separate meetings. The first was with the director. Then it was meeting with 2 paralegals. This meeting was less of an interview and more of them telling me what the job was like. And the last meeting was with a manager. The interview was fairly straightforward. No surprise questions

Interview Questions

• General background experience that would be relevant to the position   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Orrick.

Interview

Hiring process was typical of other law firms. There was an initial screening interview, followed by a call-back within a few weeks. The call back interview involved meeting with about 5 attorneys for 30 mins each. Topics were similar to what other law firms would ask, but the firm really pays attention to whether you will fit the culture and personality of the firm. Following the 1:1 interview, there was a lunch with 2-3 younger associates.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to discuss any of your published work or any law review note you may be working on.   Answer Question

Associate Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Orrick (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

I'll admit up front that I didn't get this job. I interviewed with one partner and one associate -- and the associate flat out admitted how little excitement he got from doing his job. The partner on the other hand was laid back and seemed to want to know only about one weird thing on my resume. I later learned who got the position over me, and it seemed they wanted a "bro" they could hang with.

Interview Questions

• Two partners have both given you assignments that are competing for your time and you cannot finish both without significantly impairing the work quality. What do you do?   Answer Question

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Orrick (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

Very intense. The interviewer was very intense. I was asked very pointed questions. The interview lasted about 45 minutes. I was glad when it was over. I got the job.

Litigation Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Orrick (Washington, DC) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied for an entry-level Litigation Paralegal position back in June. My interview went very well- I was interviewed by several associates (one-on-one) and the paralegal specialist, which lasted about 1 and a half hours and I was told by not one, but TWO associates that I essentially had the job. I left feeling confident and very optimistic. A few days later, I received an email from the paralegal specialist, in which she implied that the interview went well and requested several references. About a week later, a former employer of mine advised that the firm had reached out to them for a reference/review. Days went by, then weeks, and then... I never heard from them again. I ended up getting offered another job soon after, and was told by the hiring manager that my references raved about me (so I know they must've told Orrick the same). But that's besides the point, I don't mind that they decided to go with another candidate, but to not send a rejection email or letter after you've had so much communication with an interviewee (and gave them so much hope!) is beyond unprofessional. A blessing in disguise.

Litigation Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Orrick (New York, NY) in March 2018.

Interview

Do not expect respect from them at all! I emailed my resume to Paralegal Manager for future consideration. One day later, an HR woman contacted me for a phone interview. The interview was pretty good and productive. She told me they have one position just opened. She asked me if I can go their office to meet the Paralegal Manager and Hiring Manager the following week. I gave her my time schedule and she emailed me again for my availability on a specific day. I told her I'm free that day. Then she said "Okay, I'll contact you shortly about a specific time to meet." She didn't contact me until the day I supposed to go their office and she explained "we are quite busy this week and it seems we can't have the interview this week." Okay, reasonable excuse. She continued "I'll email you very soon about our schedule." Three weeks past, no words from her. I followed up, no replies.

Document Reviewer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wheeling, WV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Orrick (Wheeling, WV) in April 2015.

Interview

Scheduled 2 days before interview. Required completion of a professional background review and listing of all clients for conflicts. Super fast track for a contract position. The interview lasted 15 minutes and the interviewer asked specific skill based questions.

Interview Questions

• Do you understand this is a contract/temporary position?   1 Answer