Orrick Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 3, 2017

2.3

Legal Secretary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Orrick (Washington, DC) in June 2016.

Interview

I met with three lawyers from the group. The first round of two lawyers was interested in my background and interest in working at the firm. During the second round, right off the bat the partner asked me how I would feel if I have to perform her personal errands. I was perplexed. Was not sure whether she was serious, she was.

Litigation Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Orrick (Washington, DC) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied for an entry-level Litigation Paralegal position back in June. My interview went very well- I was interviewed by several associates (one-on-one) and the paralegal specialist, which lasted about 1 and a half hours and I was told by not one, but TWO associates that I essentially had the job. I left feeling confident and very optimistic. A few days later, I received an email from the paralegal specialist, in which she implied that the interview went well and requested several references. About a week later, a former employer of mine advised that the firm had reached out to them for a reference/review. Days went by, then weeks, and then... I never heard from them again. I ended up getting offered another job soon after, and was told by the hiring manager that my references raved about me (so I know they must've told Orrick the same). But that's besides the point, I don't mind that they decided to go with another candidate, but to not send a rejection email or letter after you've had so much communication with an interviewee (and gave them so much hope!) is beyond unprofessional. A blessing in disguise.

Associate (Lawyer) Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Orrick (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Easy. I met with a number of lawyers for about 20-30 minutes each. They asked me standard questions. Most of the interviewers were friendly and somewhat prepared. Some seemed to be looking at my resume for the first time while I was in front of them.

Interview Questions

• They generally asked standard questions about my education and experience. Nothing tricky.   1 Answer

Practitioner Assistant - Securities Litigation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Orrick (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Phone Screen for 5 minutes with Human Resources Manager, then came in for an interview with director of human resources (but it was via cisco since the person was in san francisco), then came in to meet with 9 of the various partners, associates, and paralegals. THe overall experience, even though I did not get the job, was enlightening and stimulating. Wish I got the job but hey, on to the next one.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you were significantly challenged and describe how you overcame that challenge (was asked in the second phase of interviews)?   Answer Question

Document Reviewer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wheeling, WV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Orrick (Wheeling, WV) in April 2015.

Interview

Scheduled 2 days before interview. Required completion of a professional background review and listing of all clients for conflicts. Super fast track for a contract position. The interview lasted 15 minutes and the interviewer asked specific skill based questions.

Interview Questions

• Do you understand this is a contract/temporary position?   1 Answer

Document Reviewer/Discovery Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wheeling, WV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Orrick (Wheeling, WV) in March 2015.

Interview

Extremely easy. As long as you are available and willing to commute to Wheeling, West Virginia, the job is yours. You must not have any conflicts with any of the projects you are working on. They will do a conflict check before each project. Having a conflict does not bar you from other projects where a conflict does not exist. They are in desperate need of contractors.

Interview Questions

• Are you OK with commuting to Wheeling, WV from Pittsburgh, PA?   1 Answer

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Orrick (Menlo Park, CA).

Interview

Interviewed by staff and attorneys. Fair questioning process and everybody is very friendly. They make sure that you meet everybody you would potentially work with. Everything seems very harmonic amongst each other. Not sure if that is just show but it seemed real.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions at all. Standard questions. Mostly they talk about their work and what they expect from you.   Answer Question

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Orrick (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

Very intense. The interviewer was very intense. I was asked very pointed questions. The interview lasted about 45 minutes. I was glad when it was over. I got the job.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Orrick.

Interview

Hiring process was typical of other law firms. There was an initial screening interview, followed by a call-back within a few weeks. The call back interview involved meeting with about 5 attorneys for 30 mins each. Topics were similar to what other law firms would ask, but the firm really pays attention to whether you will fit the culture and personality of the firm. Following the 1:1 interview, there was a lunch with 2-3 younger associates.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to discuss any of your published work or any law review note you may be working on.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Orrick.

Interview

It wasn't clear after my first interview that I had been selected as a candidate until the background questionnaires began to arrive. Onboarding felt very disorganized.

Interview Questions

• When I was asked to clarify former clients, especially those from my internship days.   Answer Question