Otter Products Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Otter Products Interview Questions

Interviews at Otter Products

2.5

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Was very laid back for the first part of the interview process. I was not called back to the interview again, but supposedly more hypothetical sales pitches. Need to fill in more words.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Otter Products (Fort Collins, CO) in March 2019.

Interview

The interview process was very easy and streamlined. I met with an Associate Manager who was punctual and easy to get along with. We had more of a conversation than a question/answer type of interview.

Interview Questions

• What type of work environments do you thrive in?   1 Answer

Safety Training Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frederick, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Otter Products (Frederick, CO) in January 2019.

Interview

After applying I was sent six questions through email as a screening tool. After I passed that round I completed a phone interview with the recruiter, the next day I spoke with the hiring manager. Four days later I did an in person with the hiring manager as well as the Safety Manager, followed by a tour, lastly another interview with five other team members. This was all in one day and took about 3 hours. I was called about 4 days later and offered the position.

Supply Chain Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Otter Products.

Interview

This is probably one of the most unprofessional hiring processes I've seen in terms of keeping candidates up to date and in the loop on their application status. I have had two job apps submitted for over two months and have not heard a single word yay or nay. I understand that Otter receives a lot of applications, but if the hiring process is going slowly please keep candidates informed. We (applicants) are serious about finding new jobs and I believe we are owed some sort of update on what we can expect on our candidacy. As a local Fort Collins resident I know your company does good work and Otter is a great place to have a career, but your reputation has definitely been tainted for me as a qualified candidate for open positions who unfortunately had to take my talents elsewhere. If I was kept in the loop along the way I would have remained interested. You are losing talented candidates!

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Otter Products (Fort Collins, CO) in June 2018.

Interview

I applied online and the application was pretty quick. No random personality questions. Within a week I had a screening phone call. Nice lady, didn't waste time and asked important clarifying questions. and Phone Interview

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your excel experience   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Otter Products in March 2018.

Interview

I had two full phone interviews. Both were 30-45 minutes that clearly discussed the position and expectations. Both interviewers were purposeful and knowledgeable professionals who knew precisely what they are looking for in a candidate to be successful in the role that they are recruiting for - this is not always the case with other companies!

While I did not ultimately land the job as I had hoped, I appreciated that I was told this in a phone call vs an impersonal email. The culture seems like Otter Products is a great place to work.

Interview Questions

• Questions were Behavioral-based questions focusing on my experience   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Otter Products (Fort Collins, CO) in March 2018.

Interview

Overall a very laid back interview! I was asked several question to ensure I aligned with the company's core values rather than technical questions. I interviewed with 3 rounds of people who were very friendly and just tried to get to know me

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Otter Products in March 2018.

Interview

I applied online. Got an email with basic screening questions to answer the next day. I was scheduled for a phone interview with HR. After a month I just got an email saying I was rejected. Part of the reason might be because they were looking for a local candidate and not offering relocation.

Interview Questions

• Basic HR questions - Strengths & Weaknesses, why do you want to work here etc.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Otter Products in February 2018.

Interview

I received an emailed meeting notice. I accepted, and responded with just a few questions: who would I be talking to, what was the general goal of this interview. Also, asked to confirm the time, as I am in a different time zone from Otter. Zero response.

HR called at the designated time. Explained it would be a 45 minute phone screen. At 40 minutes, I was given the opportunity to ask questions. At 47 minutes, the HR person was clearly ready to end the call.

Overall, the interview process was disappointing.

Given that the last person to hold the advertised position just departed (easy to discover - just check LinkedIn), the company was clearly caught off-guard, and scrambled to put together some external interviews. It showed.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Otter Products (Fort Collins, CO) in February 2018.

Interview

Very thorough. Took that time to allow the entire team and client groups to weigh in. The recruiting team was very accommodating with my availability constraints.

I appreciated the whole process and honesty of the interviewers. They were extremely transparent in what I’d be walking into.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral interview questions. Also asked personality type questions to check for cultural fit and ability to mesh with clients.   Answer Question