Owlet Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Owlet Interview Questions

Interviews at Owlet

2.7

Marketing Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Owlet in October 2016.

Interview

Similar experiences to others in the same time frame. Very unprofessional - Interviewer wasn't prepared and was so unprofessional responding to emails or following up. I tried to message the recruiter via LinkedIn as well and he read my email but ignored it. I was strung along for months and they eventually put the entire role on the back burner. Too many red flags at a company that looks so promising on the outside. Maybe it's just the marketing team but they need to get organized. What a mess and just plain rude to treat people in this way.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lehi, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Owlet (Lehi, UT) in October 2016.

Interview

Very unprofessional interview. Two of the three people I was supposed to interview with didn't show up, with no explanation. The man interviewing me was obviously unprepared. He showed up late and acted like it was an inconvenience to be there. He also asked some inappropriate questions, like if I had kids or if I were married. I was told I would hear back within a week and 3 months later I still haven't heard a word.

Interview Questions

• How many kids do you have?
      What do you think of our social media pages?   Answer Question

Owlet Response

Dec 19, 2016 – Director of HR and Recruiting

I am very sorry to hear about your experience in interviewing with Owlet. I can assure you there have been several measures taken to improve this experience moving forward (ie Manager interview... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Owlet (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2015.

Interview

Was brought in several times to meet with an array of individuals that had zero marketing knowledge. The questions were inappropriate, including if I had children or was married. Very unprofessional experience.

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Owlet (Lehi, UT) in May 2019.

Interview

First, I got the coding test by building a website using API. Then, I did an on-site interview with other candidates. Although I prefer one-on-one interview, my experience wasn't negative. However, I did notice that some of the workers seemed less professional. One person didn't do eye contact while I was talking to her. But, I still give a positive rate, because it could've been worse.

Interview Questions

• Use a certain API to build a web app.   1 Answer
    • General behavioral questions.   1 Answer

DSP Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Owlet.

Interview

Applied online. Very nice and friendly people at the office but seemed to me they were not at all prepared, the front desk didn't know anything about any interviews when i arrived, had to wait for 20 minutes at the door. Group interview with 3 people in a conference room.

Interview Questions

• Some general questions, questions on the resume and some white boarding questions on DSP basics. A take-home questionnaire afterwards.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Owlet (Lehi, UT).

Interview

I had a 1:1 in-person meeting with first the EVP of Product, then about a week later did a group interview with the product management team I'd be working with, and then a 1:1 interview with the CEO. The CEO meets with every candidate at the last stage of the interview process.

Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Owlet (Lehi, UT).

Interview

Technical Recruiter setup a phone interview. They rushed me to fill out all my info on some website. It took hours. And then I didn't hear from them for weeks. Then suddenly they needed to see me in person. It felt like their valentines plans fell through and they were desperate for a date.

Interview Questions

• Asked me a few technical questions and listened to me talk about my experience. I met 2 of the founding members of the company. It was very unprofessional. Their behavior indicated that their time was more important than mine. It's a company for babies that is run by a couple of kids. Intriguing product, nice people, and there is some potential for growth. But the cult mentality didn't really work for me. It's a baby monitor ... it's really not going to change the world.   1 Answer

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lehi, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Owlet (Lehi, UT) in November 2016.

Interview

Hands down, one of THE most unprofessional interview experiences I've had. After making me wait in the lobby for 40 minutes, (while he just shot the breeze with another co-worker - I could overhear them talking about food), we went into a boardroom and it just all went downhill from there. He was absolutely unprepared, had no idea what to ask, and awkward silence after awkward silence followed while he tried to come up with things to ask me. I ended up becoming the interviewer, asking questions related to company vision, goals, and role on the team they were looking for. He couldn't explain to me what was needed for a good fit for the role or anything related to company culture or the types of work they'd need me to do. It was terrible. He just kept saying they wanted the BEST of the BEST. He hadn't even reviewed my portfolio of work or my resumé nor did he want to when I offered to present it in my interview! Rather puzzling as to why, when hiring a designer, a portfolio of work wouldn't be very high on the list to review. I eventually just politely ended the interview and left.

Interview Questions

Owlet Response

Dec 19, 2016 – Director of HR and Recruiting

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Owlet (Provo, UT) in July 2016.

Interview

Owlet contacted me after seeing my Linkedin profile. Had a brief phone interview and Q&A session with the Quality Director. Asked to come for onsite interview a few weeks later. Interview lasted about 90 minutes with standard behavioral and technical questions. Interviewed with the Quality Director and the person whose job I would be taking over. This company is seriously awesome with such a great atmosphere. I didn't end up accepting the offer but any employee would be so lucky to work here.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Owlet (Provo, UT) in April 2016.

Interview

There was a phone interview, followed by two in person interviews. They were all with the same person, although in the 3rd interview I met with the perspective team. They were very in depth. We talked a lot about me personally, about the company, and the most about my experience. We talked about the culture at Owlet too to see if I would fit. From the first phone interview to the final it was about 1.5 weeks. I really enjoyed the interviews, and felt that I was treated very well.

Interview Questions

• What projects have you worked on that would help you with your responsibilities here?   Answer Question