P2 Energy Solutions Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at P2 Energy Solutions

1. Featured Interview

Senior Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at P2 Energy Solutions (Denver, CO) in July 2017.

Interview

Very professional. I felt they treated me with respect and were very transparent during the whole process. A very positive experience. I applied online and gave two phone screenings and one in-person interview. The whole process took around 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Basic QA interview question. A lot of behavioral questions. They wanted to make sure I was a good cultural fit.   Answer Question

Contract Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at P2 Energy Solutions (Denver, CO) in November 2012.

Interview

I was contacted via email to take an online assessment test which frankly, had absolutely nothing to do with the position. After receiving a passing mark, I was contacted for an in person interview.

Upon showing up to the office, I was asked to retake the test because the company wanted to make sure that I didn't "cheat" on the assessment test taken at home. Why they couldn't just make me take one test at their office as opposed to one at their office and the same one at home leaves me clueless. Quite frankly, I found it insulting.

I met with two employers with the company and had a very good interview. I was comfortable with their personalities and impressed by their work experience. The only issue I had during the interview was the lack of questions, I was only asked three. In my opinion, that equated to them either not having me as their preferred candidate prior to my walking in the door or that they just were not very good interviewers.

Post interview, I was told by HR to expect a notification by the end of the week. During the interview, I was told that they would contact me the following Monday. Frankly, I don't think HR or the two I met had any idea when they were going to make a decision and was an immediate indication that neither were on the same page. In any event, I was rejected by email a week and a half later.

My overall experience was neutral. It certainly wasn't the best or the worst interview I have had.

Senior Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at P2 Energy Solutions (Denver, CO) in July 2015.

Interview

Very professional and efficient hiring process. The steps from beginning to the offer letter were very informative and follow-up was fantastic! The interviewing team was up front on what to expect during group interview and the overall culture. It's been 1 month and no complaints so far and would recommend P2.

Interview Questions

• General overall experience questions - nothing specific to the software   Answer Question

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at P2 Energy Solutions (Denver, CO).

Interview

I truly do not understand the assessment games an applicant is asked to complete. I applied, received a "thumbs up" to get to the next phase, and it was a test. One test you can complete fully, but the 2nd there is no possible way w/the time allowed anyone could complete. I'm sure P2 has a purpose, but as a potential candidate I learned nothing from the experience to understand why I was not selected.

Interview Questions

• nothing specific; just the 2nd there is no possible way w/the time allowed anyone could complete.   Answer Question

Software Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at P2 Energy Solutions (Denver, CO).

Interview

Took a really long time to hear from them after applying for job but once process started it moved fairly quickly.

Senior Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at P2 Energy Solutions (Denver, CO) in April 2011.

Interview

External recruiter contacted me after I applied on monster.com for a different job. She said that she wanted me to consider the Sr Sales Consultant job. After I passed the pre-employment assessment, I interviewed with the VP of Sales Operations, VP of HR, manager of the pre-sales group and one of the pre-sales consultants.

GIS Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at P2 Energy Solutions (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

I was contacted by their recruiter and applied online shortly after. I received a call the next day and they scheduled an appointment for the day after that. The process moved very quickly, and I was working there two weeks after initial contact.

Interview Questions

• The questions were very run of the mill interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate. The recruiter flat out refused to budge.

GIS Technician Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at P2 Energy Solutions.

Interview

Very basic, start with a phone interview and online assessment(personality test of sorts). The 1:1 interview is nothing to worry about, just standard inquiries into your past work history. You will also take another assessment at this interview.

Interview Questions

• how would you describe yourself....your past job experiences...your past managers   Answer Question

Director of Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at P2 Energy Solutions (Houston, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

HR Phone Interview, hiring boss interview, online personality and aptitude tests, onsite interviews with potential peers and associated levels, then immediate Boss in person interviews and specific peers interviews, followed by onsite Denver Exec and associated personnel interviews, finishing with Exec phone Q & A.
    The process took longer due to year end and convention timing. The position was very specific and required someone with specific experience and skills and the Execs wanted to make sure that was what I had. I know now the position was a perfect fit for me and never think that it wasn't

Interview Questions

• story of background and driving reasons for what I do. No common read it from the book questions, these were background specifics they wanted to know. some questions about "what would you do, in this situation" or "how did you handle past experiences". The online aptitude tests are taken seriously. P2 are specific about hiring smart people and the right people in the right positions   Answer Question

Customer Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at P2 Energy Solutions (Denver, CO) in February 2012.

Interview

You're assigned an HR rep who answers all your questions and sends you a link for an IQ test online. It's a 2 hour long test with pattern recognition, word math problems, and personality test. The test was really difficult, but I passed and was asked for an interview. The interview was easy, but the interviewer made sure it lasted a full hour. The interviewer asked questions from a template and recorded very little. He asked some technical questions (which I wasn't able to answer) and we talked casually about the company and his experiences. I sent follow up thank you e-mails to my HR rep and interviewer. I called the HR rep weekly to see if I made the final cut. She said if I did, they would run a background check. However, I did not get the position (I didn't have the technical skills), but I was notified that a position I was more qualified for was opening soon.

P2 is notorious for long, drawn-out interview processes. Mine took over a month.

A few days to hear back after applying
    1 week to schedule a preliminary phone interview
    2 weeks to schedule a 1:1 interview
    3 weeks to hear that I didn't receive the position
    2 weeks for a background check (if I had received the position)

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you worked with a team member who wasn't pulling their full weight and how you reacted.   Answer Question