P2 Energy Solutions Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 23, 2017

3.1

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at P2 Energy Solutions (Houston, TX).

Interview

Comprised of a HR call, An in person interview, and a background check and drug test. HR call was one one and was about half an hour. The in person interviews were 3 separate interviews, two with managers and one with a couple principal level developers.

Interview Questions

• General development process questions including MVC, MVVM, and best practices with C#   1 Answer

Customer Support Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at P2 Energy Solutions (Denver, CO) in September 2016.

Interview

Consisted of a phone screening, an in person interview with three managers, and a phone interview with a manager. Overall I enjoyed the interview process and they were very quick to let me know and kept me updated. The phone screen took half an hour, the in person interview took an hour, and the last phone interview took an hour.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

I was contacted by the recruitment team via email to schedule a phone interview the following week. The phone interview was thirty minutes, and the questions were focused on my resume and confirming experience / skills. Immediately after the interview I was emailed links to two tests. The tests were a personality test and a cognitive ability test that I was expected to complete within one week. The following week I was contacted again by the recruitment team to schedule an in person interview, this time in the same week. I interviewed with the manager for the first half hour, and was asked more questions about my job experience, and how I was a good fit for the position with my skills / experience. For the remainder of the interview, the two principal software engineers joined the discussion to ensure that I would be a good fit for the team.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to be when you grow up?   1 Answer

Customer Support Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Interview

I applied through a university job fair. Was contacted shortly after (I don't remember how long it took) and given a time to complete the online assessment. The online assessment covered a variety of topics and was similar to a personality/iq test. After that I was contacted for an in person interview. I went in to their Denver office and interviewed with several managers. Mostly standard questions and some technical questions unrelated to the position. I was contacted and offered a position a few days later.

Interview Questions

• There was one technical question related to the precession of the earth. One interviewer had a similar background to mine and asked this question.   Answer Question

GIS Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at P2 Energy Solutions (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Short and sweet, lees than an hour. Spoke with the Manager of the department that had the open position. Had worked for this person as a temp 9 months prior to the interview.

Director of Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at P2 Energy Solutions (Houston, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

HR Phone Interview, hiring boss interview, online personality and aptitude tests, onsite interviews with potential peers and associated levels, then immediate Boss in person interviews and specific peers interviews, followed by onsite Denver Exec and associated personnel interviews, finishing with Exec phone Q & A.
    The process took longer due to year end and convention timing. The position was very specific and required someone with specific experience and skills and the Execs wanted to make sure that was what I had. I know now the position was a perfect fit for me and never think that it wasn't

Interview Questions

• story of background and driving reasons for what I do. No common read it from the book questions, these were background specifics they wanted to know. some questions about "what would you do, in this situation" or "how did you handle past experiences". The online aptitude tests are taken seriously. P2 are specific about hiring smart people and the right people in the right positions   Answer Question

QA Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at P2 Energy Solutions.

Interview

1.5 hrs interview talking about my resume, and asking behavior questions. Met with a few of the managers and got to learn about their development process. Nothing too technical or difficult.

Senior Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at P2 Energy Solutions (Denver, CO) in July 2015.

Interview

Very professional and efficient hiring process. The steps from beginning to the offer letter were very informative and follow-up was fantastic! The interviewing team was up front on what to expect during group interview and the overall culture. It's been 1 month and no complaints so far and would recommend P2.

Interview Questions

• General overall experience questions - nothing specific to the software   Answer Question

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at P2 Energy Solutions (Denver, CO) in July 2015.

Interview

Pretty straight forward, was asked to fill out a some personality test and an IQ type test. Must have passed both, because I was then contacted again by HR and scheduled an interview. The actual interview was fine, people were friendly and I though I was interested in the position I interviewed for, I stated that I would in the long run be interested in a posiition more development related. Was in the final running for the QA Analyst position but was not offered it. About a month later I was asked back for the interview for a the Software Engineer, Associate. Stoked! It moved pretty fast and within less than a week I had been offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard questions. Look at P2's core values before interviewing, this might give you some idea about what the questions might relate too. Also a lot of questions about experience and where I saw myself in a few years.   1 Answer

GIS Technician Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at P2 Energy Solutions.

Interview

Very basic, start with a phone interview and online assessment(personality test of sorts). The 1:1 interview is nothing to worry about, just standard inquiries into your past work history. You will also take another assessment at this interview.

Interview Questions

• how would you describe yourself....your past job experiences...your past managers   Answer Question