PACCAR Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 17, 2017

2.7

Supply Chain Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at PACCAR (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Applied through university later received call setting up over the phone interview. Interview was mostly behavioral, the interviews were patient and nice. Talked over my resume and basic behavioral questions. Overall good experience

Interview Questions

• One time you had to work on a team with someone with a different personality than yours   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PACCAR (Seattle, WA).

Interview

It took a month to complete all the required interview rounds. There were 3 rounds totally...the first round was a technical interview. Around 5 people were present in the panel and were asking average technical questions. The second round was with the director of the IT which was more like behavioral and the last was the HR interview.

Interview Questions

• Why Paccar? Why do you think you will be a right fit for the position? What do you know about PACCAR?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kirkland, WA

Interview

Behavioral questions just looking for a company fit. Nothing challenging or scary for an in depth CS field review. This was an entry level position. Your mileage may vary depending on grade level.

Interview Questions

• What's one thing your peers would change?   1 Answer

Summer Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PACCAR (Bellevue, WA).

Interview

I applied on PACCAR's website and recruiter reached out to me for a phone interview after a few weeks. The phone interview lasted about 30 mins and I had all behavioral questions.

Afterwards I got called in for a in house interview. It started with a 30 mins presentation about PACCAR. Then we interviewed with three managers from different teams. Two were very nice and we had great conversations. One appeared to be rather serious and asked me questions according the paper she had in front of her. Again those question were almost all behavioral. After the interviews, we had a group lunch with all the candidates and hiring managers.

My experience with PACCAR turned out to be very positive. I think everyone in my team is very nice and helpful. They are smart, experienced and they have a lot of integrity. I think PACCAR is a great place to gain real life experience in Accounting.

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PACCAR.

Interview

The first interview was a 30 minute phone screen with the hiring manager. The second interview began with an hour long interview with the hiring manager (20-30 minutes of which were spent on a faculty tour), 30 minutes with their recruiter, and 30 minutes - an hour with the remaining two HR team members.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mount Vernon, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PACCAR (Mount Vernon, WA) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied and interviewed on campus which led to a phone interview with hiring manager and then an on-site visit. The recruiter was very good about moving the process along quickly but at the same time being flexible to my schedule. On-site interview consisted of an interview with hiring manager(s), technical presentation and a mostly informal panel interview with my future team members. Everyone was very laid back and were honest to share their opinion about what they like/not like about the company and the location. Most questions were behavioral and some good technical questions during my presentation.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about PACCAR and why do want to work for here?   Answer Question

Corporate Business Process Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PACCAR (Bellevue, WA) in June 2016.

Interview

I found the job posting online, applied, and within a couple of weeks, was reached out to by the hiring manager. Note that this was an internal application. Normally, a recruiter will reach out to conduct an initial phone screen at a minimum.

Interview Questions

• Describe your knowledge of and experience with SAP Business Warehouse Report Writing and SAP/SRM   Answer Question

Summer Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PACCAR (Bellevue, WA).

Interview

I filled out an application on the website and recruiter called me months later and set up a phone interview. It lasted about 30 minutes. I was later called back for an in person interview.

The in person interview was basically a bunch of college seniors being shuffled with three different department managers. So everyone got to interview with three different areas such as tax, corporate, and international (BRIC Brazil Russia India China).

I was very excited because working for a huge corporation was a dream on mine. Paccar seemed very respectable. However, I was immediately turned off as I approached the building.

It is older than other buildings in Bellevue. The furnishings are old. They claim they do not invest in the glitz and glam of the office...but here's the kicker...you have to wear a suit to work everyday. I'm not wearing a suit to work with Office 2010. No thank you. $18 an hour isn't enough to go buy a wardrobe of new suits.

But I said to myself...don't judge a book by its cover. My first interview was just your basic behavioral questions. She read them off a piece of paper and wrote down some answers. I was worried I didn't do very well. I said to myself that I still have 2 more and to take a breath.

I reached my second interviewer and I was ready to wow him. He pulled out a piece of paper and I kid you not....asked me the same exact questions in the same exact order as the previous interviewer. I was baffled. I mean, is it really the best way to get to know a candidate? By making them perform the same exact interview 3 times? I even tried to tell him I have been asked these questions and he said "we are required by hr"...

By the time I was on my way to the third interview, I mentally checked out. I just wanted to get out of here. My last interviewer asked me the same questions and I just repeated my answers. I was done.

If you enjoy movies in black and white, this may just be the perfect place for you. Otherwise, stay clear.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with difficult co worker?   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PACCAR (Seattle, WA) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online and then got the phone interview invitation with a recruiter. The phone interview lasted around thirty minutes. The questions were behavior questions, like "tell me a time when you...." and knowledge of PACCAR as well as yourself. Then I had some time to ask him questions and he introduced the following recruiting process to me. Should go through resume and do some preparations before the interview.

Quality Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at PACCAR (Louisville, KY) in September 2015.

Interview

Apply on their website, upload most recent supervisor evaluation. Wait to be notified of an interview, first interview was with a pair of managers. Second interview was a pair of supervisors. Third interview was with two of the senior area managers. Same sorts of questions at every interview, Just phrased differently.

Interview Questions

• If you were auditioning on the Voice, what would be your audition song and why?   1 Answer
    • Why should we promote you to this position instead of the other candidate?   1 Answer