PACCAR Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PACCAR Interview Questions

Updated Apr 4, 2017

2.7

Product Marketing Interview

Interview

They reached out to me and said I needed to do an over the phone interview that day because they wanted to make a decision that afternoon which I found bizarre. Our phone interview went well but I never heard back from them.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PACCAR (Seattle, WA).

Interview

It took a month to complete all the required interview rounds. There were 3 rounds totally...the first round was a technical interview. Around 5 people were present in the panel and were asking average technical questions. The second round was with the director of the IT which was more like behavioral and the last was the HR interview.

Interview Questions

• Why Paccar? Why do you think you will be a right fit for the position? What do you know about PACCAR?   Answer Question

Supply Chain Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at PACCAR (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Applied through university later received call setting up over the phone interview. Interview was mostly behavioral, the interviews were patient and nice. Talked over my resume and basic behavioral questions. Overall good experience

Interview Questions

• One time you had to work on a team with someone with a different personality than yours   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Renton, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PACCAR (Renton, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

Brief phone interview with HR rep followed by longer phone interview with three superiors. They made sure to tell me how "conservative" the corporate culture is, lest my 20 year-old self started getting some ideas about, I don't know, having fun in the workplace.

Interview Questions

• Do you feel comfortable wearing a suit everyday?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kirkland, WA

Interview

Behavioral questions just looking for a company fit. Nothing challenging or scary for an in depth CS field review. This was an entry level position. Your mileage may vary depending on grade level.

Interview Questions

• What's one thing your peers would change?   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PACCAR in January 2017.

Interview

Standard phone interview with per-determined questions. However the recruiter missed the first 2 scheduled interview times. Third attempt was a success. The recruiter stated I would receive an answer regardless by phone in 2 days. After 2 weeks I followed up with an email stating they were busy. Two more weeks passed and was told I would be contacted within a week about the down selection process. Two more weeks passed and finally received an system generated email stating I was not selected. Very disappointed in the recruiter and lack of professionalism for being a large company. Will not apply again, or consider taking a job at Paccar due to this poor experience of an unprofessional recruiter.

Summer Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PACCAR (Bellevue, WA).

Interview

I applied on PACCAR's website and recruiter reached out to me for a phone interview after a few weeks. The phone interview lasted about 30 mins and I had all behavioral questions.

Afterwards I got called in for a in house interview. It started with a 30 mins presentation about PACCAR. Then we interviewed with three managers from different teams. Two were very nice and we had great conversations. One appeared to be rather serious and asked me questions according the paper she had in front of her. Again those question were almost all behavioral. After the interviews, we had a group lunch with all the candidates and hiring managers.

My experience with PACCAR turned out to be very positive. I think everyone in my team is very nice and helpful. They are smart, experienced and they have a lot of integrity. I think PACCAR is a great place to gain real life experience in Accounting.

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PACCAR.

Interview

The first interview was a 30 minute phone screen with the hiring manager. The second interview began with an hour long interview with the hiring manager (20-30 minutes of which were spent on a faculty tour), 30 minutes with their recruiter, and 30 minutes - an hour with the remaining two HR team members.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mount Vernon, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PACCAR (Mount Vernon, WA) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied and interviewed on campus which led to a phone interview with hiring manager and then an on-site visit. The recruiter was very good about moving the process along quickly but at the same time being flexible to my schedule. On-site interview consisted of an interview with hiring manager(s), technical presentation and a mostly informal panel interview with my future team members. Everyone was very laid back and were honest to share their opinion about what they like/not like about the company and the location. Most questions were behavioral and some good technical questions during my presentation.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about PACCAR and why do want to work for here?   Answer Question

Corporate Business Process Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PACCAR (Bellevue, WA) in June 2016.

Interview

I found the job posting online, applied, and within a couple of weeks, was reached out to by the hiring manager. Note that this was an internal application. Normally, a recruiter will reach out to conduct an initial phone screen at a minimum.

Interview Questions

• Describe your knowledge of and experience with SAP Business Warehouse Report Writing and SAP/SRM   Answer Question