PACCAR Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PACCAR Interview Questions

Updated Oct 9, 2017

2.7

Environmental Compliance Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at PACCAR.

Interview

Got a phone interview with General HR after 4 months of applying online, this interview lasted 45 minutes mostly personality questions and work ethic. Then a week later got a call from environmental HR asked technical questions and was very nice.

Accountant Interview

Interview

Terrible attitude person conducted the interview. Never asked about my former experience, only concerned about my change of job field. Not happy with my answer so repeatedly asking same question with negative remarks.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to be an accountant   1 Answer

Commodity Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PACCAR (Bellevue, WA) in August 2017.

Interview

Assistant Director contacted me directly and set up a meeting with him and the Director of Purchasing. HR was never involved. A week after I was interviewed by 2 more Directors. Process took 3 months.

Interview Questions

• they asked about my reaction to a decision that management made, that I did not agree with.   Answer Question

QA Test Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PACCAR.

Interview

I interviewed with 3 people. Each person I shook hands with had a limp, defeated, loose handshake. A bad sign. They put me in one of the shared workspaces and proceeded to ask me questions I would expect for an entry level tester. When I asked about all the bad feedback on glassdoor about working there and they all sort of laughed it off as not being very true. When I asked about the suit and tie they said it doesn't apply to IT but if you want to eat in the on campus diner you have to be suit and tie. As a test lead their expectation was for the lead to do more execution that leadership. The producer was nice and an ex microsoftie which was nice, but she seemed like she was only doing this job because it was closer to home and flat out told me she'd rather be at microsoft. Overall this was a bad experience and I felt like it was a huge waste of my time.

Interview Questions

• How would you test this website? What makes a good test case? Of this list of feature, which is the priority? And similar easy entry level questions.   Answer Question

Transportation Planner Interview

Interview

During the initial phone screen with the internal recruiter I was asked what my minimum salary requirements were. After conveying that, her response was "oh yeah that's very doable". From there I went through an interview with the hiring manager, and then a final interview with a regional manager. A few days later I was extended an offer from the recruiter which was significantly lower than my minimum salary requirements discussed on the initial call. It was a complete waste of time for both myself and PACCAR to put me through additional interviews and time if they knew they would low-ball me and not accept my salary requirements. When I asked the recruiter why they continued to push me through the process her response was, "because that was what I was directed to do". This shows a complete ineptitude and overall lack of respect. Maybe they thought it was possible to bait and switch me. Apparently they have the time and energy to do that. Buyer Beware! Very similar to dealing with a used car dealership. To be frank, I wasn't even asking that much considering the Seattle market. PACCAR--please don't waste people's time and energy and if you expect to hire the best talent you can't pay pennies on the dollar! Improve your antiquated and incompetent processes.

Floor Shop Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chillicothe, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at PACCAR (Chillicothe, OH).

Interview

Lengthy but important process how would I handle working with difficult employees do i do well with challenges.am I willing to learn multiple jobs shifts overtime if needed what qualifications do i have to do well with this position

Interview Questions

• What was your previous job duties   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate I was satisfied with all they were offering me

IT Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PACCAR.

Interview

Their recruiter reached out to me. I first interviewed with the IT hiring manager, he straight up said that they don't need someone technical but he would like to hire someone who'd entertain the team. Next, I interviewed with the IT director who was professional. Then, I met the team: obviously they had never interviewed someone and they had no idea what kinda questions should be asked on a technical interview; they kept complaining and talking to eachother. They really needed entertainment. The next day, the recruiter emailed and said that they would like to move forward with the hiring. Then she disappeared for 10 more days before calling me. By that time, I found a better company.

Product Marketing Interview

Interview

They reached out to me and said I needed to do an over the phone interview that day because they wanted to make a decision that afternoon which I found bizarre. Our phone interview went well but I never heard back from them.

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PACCAR (Bellevue, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

The first step was a phone interview which lasted about 30 minutes in January. Then I had a Skype interview, which lasted about 45 minutes. Finally, I was invited to travel to Bellevue, WA for an internship event where I was interviewed in person by three different people, and it was an all day event which included a lunch and socializing period, there were about 40 other people at this event with me. From there I was offered a summer accounting position over the phone and accepted.

Interview Questions

• Biggest strengths/weaknesses
      Why do you want to do accounting?
      Why PACCAR?
      When is a time you've encountered a difficult problem in the workplace and how did you solve it?
      When is a time you had to learn something new and how did you adjust?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PACCAR (Seattle, WA).

Interview

It took a month to complete all the required interview rounds. There were 3 rounds totally...the first round was a technical interview. Around 5 people were present in the panel and were asking average technical questions. The second round was with the director of the IT which was more like behavioral and the last was the HR interview.

Interview Questions

• Why Paccar? Why do you think you will be a right fit for the position? What do you know about PACCAR?   Answer Question